27 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff. A good range of information/brochures and souvenirs/gifts.Written 10 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We happened to walk by and visited unexpectedly. It was a wonderful surprise. The history of Troubles and particularly the role of women was enlightening and sobering. The poster exhibit on 4 levels of stairs was amazing
Upstairs there is a coffee bar in old world antiques and furnishings.
In the library we found some details of family history in the note cards going back decades.
So happy we found this exceptional museum.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A little cafeteria and bookstore and art gallery in a deconsecrated church in Belfast. The gallery is nice and bright and airy in a modern and architecturally pleasing addition into the didr of the building. We looked in the bookstore and gallery but didn’t eat in the cafeteria. There is also a theatre wheee the main part of the church used to be.Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I recently accompanied my daughter on a business trip to Belfast. We had a wonderful weekend exploring the city and the north coast, but Monday and Tuesday I had to figure out what to do while she worked. Being a birder from Wisconsin, USA, I started googling birding places near me and came upon your great little birding hotspot! I loved being there and felt so at home...like if I lived in Belfast, you'd be my friends! One gentleman in particular was great fun to talk to and I regret not getting his name so I could personally thank him. Thank you all for a most enjoyable morning! I loved seeing Shelducks with about 25 babies, Black Tailed Godwits and so many Black Headed Gull babies! Mostly, thanks for making me feel welcome. Mary PriorWritten 9 July 2022
- First class reference library with the most helpful staff I’ve ever met. They couldn’t do enough for us, helping with research queries and finding information. Wonderful.Written 1 November 2022
- There is a great place called Jack's Cafe fun friendly stuff great atmosphere.awesome food and coffee/tea.you can also pick up C.D.S. local history books and souvenirs It also has an Art Gallery.toilets and ample seating area inside and outside
It's well worth a visit
Michael DavidsonWritten 25 August 2022
- Absolutely amazing library. More like a community centre than somewhere to borrow books. Everything you need in one place, from computers and printers - so important for school or university students, to baby classes, scrabble, knitting, newspaper groups, book clubs, and creative projects. The library plays a vital role in bringing together all kinds of people. The wonderful staff are both helpful and knowledgeable and really care about their customers. This is the gold standard for libraries everywhere. I hope this wonderful library just keeps growing.Written 4 November 2023
- Go occasionally. Building a bit old fashioned. Rather nice. Staff friendly. Nice to spend time picking books.Written 1 December 2019
- Great library with helpful and friendly staff. Just what you expect. It is a bit small but if you can't find what you are looking for they can order it for you to pick up at a later date.Written 4 August 2017
- Very friendly staff and lots of great books nice layout bright and clean and warm and a great place to study.Written 23 February 2021
- I was in a rush, no membership card, staff quickly sorted it out, I was able to finish my work. Great range of books for a local library.Written 3 January 2018
- I'm a regular here by cause of the selection of books. Great friendly helpful staff. Lots of computers and good WiFi access. Plenty going on got everyone. Events etc. For me its just the books and WiFi. Appreciate these people.Written 28 July 2019
- A fantastic library with lots of space and lots of books! Nice and quiet too! Very handy if you live in the shankill and want to go to the nearest library!Written 14 February 2018
- Friendly library. Great theme days and sessions on for kids. Great selection of kids books. Relaxing seats and atmosphereWritten 4 November 2018
- Regularly visit with my 2 daughters. Excellently resourced for a small local library . Librarians very knowledgable and helpful when it comes to selecting books and authors/ styles of books. Only issue is that the library has the children’s section in with the IT section and the more adult selection of books are on a mezzanine above - this can make it difficult to find a quite space to study and revise. Libraries are traditionally meant to be a quiet place, unfortunately ‘sometimes’ this is far from the case, hence 4 instead of 5 stars!Written 17 March 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Belfast