What travelers are saying
- This graveyard is amazing and steeped in history. I could have listened to Deirdre all day. I was sorry when it ended.Written 6 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are some interesting graves in this cemetery and the City Cemetery across the road.
Why not combine it with a walk through the pleasant Falls Park which lies between the 2 cemeteries.
The glider G1 stops outside the City Cemetery and for £4 a day ticket it is the cheapest way to see Belfast West to east.
You can easily get out to the cemeteries by bus and back in about 2 to 3 hours. This will allow you time to see the main Republican plots, poor grave areas and war graves.
You can also jump off the bus at Clonard and have a look at the beautiful monastery.Written 26 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- a really enjoyable hour of wandering through a really interesting old graveyard while our guide "brought to life" excuse the pun - the lives of so many interesting people who are buried here. The guide had such a depth of knowledge of dates - events and put these into context as he moved between the various graves - his stories were so interesting, without being in any way disrepectful of the surroundings. He was able to touch on so many important parts of the history of Belfast and Ireland in such a way as to want you to find out more - a very skilled guide.Written 28 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly educative walking tour led by Dara Bennett not only informed us of the history of this and other cemeteries, but also weaves in a fascinating discourse on the economic and social history of Belfast, and also of a diversity of colourful characters who have shaped its evolution over the past two Centuries.Written 30 June 2023
- My Uncle and Aunt are buried at Roselawn. It’s a beautiful and peaceful place, well looked after and respectful.Written 1 July 2023
- A hidden gem the graves are so old there’s even a watch area for families when body snatching was going on a fantastic statue of queen Victoria stands in the middle of it a beautiful clean place and there’s a a quiet area for people who have lost their loved onesWritten 17 February 2020
- A memorial to the over 300 police officers killed during the troubles. Not to be missed if visiting Belfast.Written 6 March 2020