Health Clubs • Sports Complexes
What travelers are saying
- I never knew Bath House existed until introduced to it by Belfast Art Tours (Bus and Walking Tours) on 03/08/17. Located behind Templemore Swimming Baths, having previously been home to the swimming pool caretaker, the building has now been commandeered by a group of local Artists who run it as an exhibition space.
Because it's a small, red-brick house it manages to feel warm and inviting whilst showcasing contemporary, dynamic work. This welcoming vibe's a huge bonus as so many art spaces can feel cold and unwelcoming.
I absolutely loved community organisation, Infinity Farm's bee garden - designed specifically to attract and nourish bees. This was perfectly complemented by Diving Station, an audio-installation by Colm Clarke. All of this was on display in a small outside courtyard area. Inside Bath House there was an exhibition of intriguing black and white geometric drawings by Gary Shaw. I also enjoyed the fact that the Artists were there in person to give a brief talk about their art, its meaning and inspiration.
Templemore Swimming Bath is still a fully functioning swimming pool in which Bath House hold art events such as poolside watercolour classes, complete with catering by local Chefs! Probably one of my favourite art spaces in Belfast.Written 18 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We received a voucher for a couple’s treatment and day at Bannatyne Spa and Health Club Holywood as a Christmas present. We were greeted at reception and booked in quickly, given our spa bags (robe, towel & flip flops £10 deposit each) and locker fob then shown round the facilities. The receptionist was friendly and thorough, answering our questions and pointing out everything we needed. Once changed we went into the spa relaxing room to wait to be called for our treatments. The hot beds were lovely to relax on whilst we waited (see photo). We were called through at the time we booked, our therapists introduced themselves and explained the procedure before giving us some privacy to get comfortable. We both opted for a back, scalp and foot massage and were very happy with our treatments. Next we headed to the pool to make use of the facilities. We used the sauna (did get quite busy), steam room (my personal favourite), hot tub and hot & cold shower. It was simple enough to create your own hydrotherapy circuit alternating between the hot options and the cold shower. We finished off with a leisurely swim in the pool. There were hairdryers in the female changing rooms and plenty of mirrors including full length. I did think the changing rooms could be a bit cleaner however staff where cleaning whilst we were there. We didn’t use the gym facilities but would definitely consider them for next time. The gym looked well equipped with plenty of staff on hand if needed. Before leaving we grabbed a coffee from the on-site coffee shop. On the way out we returned our spa bag but was allowed to keep the bag and flip flops. Our deposit was returned no issues. Overall we had a great experience and will definitely be back again.Written 25 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife bought me a massage for my birthday and I was really shocked with how good their service is. I was having issues with my legs and back for months but now I feel 18 again. Definitely would recommend. Thanks JennyWritten 17 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a great time here at the weekend. Arranged a hen party activity for 15 girls.. we were taught a dance to B witched Cest la vie... . It was brilliant.. the staff were so lovely. We had a fab time.. what a laugh. The staff even gave some goodies to the Bride to Be which was an added bonus. Thank you very much.Written 26 June 2017
- Health and safety should be called in to review thus place. Let me start from my observation...the showers have been broken for weeks...yes that’s right weeks! Water leaks from the ceiling and most pipes. Dirty filthy showers and the changing rooms are the worst I have ever came across, absolutely vile, the smell will get you before you reach the showers covered in hair and only know what else. A used condom was in one over flowing shower cubicle before. Avoid this place at all costs; save your money!Written 3 July 2019