- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Food & Drink
What travelers are saying
- We were just in Belfast for a holiday after three weeks of travel through Sweden, Norway, Scotland, and Ireland; this was one of my favorite activities.
The drive to Tracey's home is very scenic and worth the drive. Her home is lovely, and she had a beautiful table set with homemade jams and mixed traditional tea sets/china, offering coffee, tea, and an assortment of cakes and soda bread. The butter with seaweed was just divine on the warm bread.
Tracey gives a brief but great overview of making traditional Soda bread, which is not complex, and then makes it easy as a group to create our own bread. Her backyard is a beautiful space with chickens bouncing about.
It's nice to come home to the States and after our trip abroad with a simple recipe to try at home including a couple of lovely jams for friends and family.
This travel excursion made for a fun half-day event with a large group, and then we stopped at a nearby town for a wonderful lunch near the shore.
Thank you Tracey for opening your home to us and the travel experience. Highly recommend!
Written 25 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We just took some very important clients for a night at the cookery school, it was absolutely fantastic. Great craic, great food, had a giggle and learnt some new skills from the amazing Clare and Niall who were so generous with their time and knowledge. Completely interactive and made so welcome. I couldn't recommend this experience highly enough.Written 30 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did the Taste and Tour experience.
It was very informative, great fun and lots of different and interesting drinks.
A great way to spend an afternoon. Lovely old building upstairs.Written 16 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great fun making Irish breads in a professional kitchen with friendly and helpful chef Ian Hunter and his team. The atmosphere was laid back and encouraging. We had a real laugh and look forward to joining some of the other classes. Highly recommended activity in Belfast.Written 24 October 2021
- Seen last minute on a weekend away at belfast. Catherine was our point of contact and she was brilliant and know her coctails. You get a cloak and wand then escorted to your table to make your 3 cocktails. They enourage you to go around take photos and videos. You can also buy extra cocktails these you dont make. There is so much to look at. Deffinitly a must on your belfast list.Written 25 August 2019
- We went for the American street food night, it was really good. Chef Jeffers was really entertaining and the food we made was really delicious. Such a pity for them that the second lockdown for hospitality is making them close down for four weeks. Will definitely be back when they are open again. A great way to spend an evening.Written 15 October 2020
- I am just back from 3 hours at the Hillmount BBQ Academy. It was friendly, interesting and educational. On arrival I did not know quite what to expect but very quickly everyone got involved and the experience was very entertaining. This, of course, was down to Bruce and his very helpful team who made everything go smoothly.
We all prepared (well some of it had been done), we all cooked and we all ate a very tasty 3 course meal all enjoyed with a couple of glasses of wine. Everyone went there to enjoy and to learn and there was plenty of advise on hand. Yep - I thought it was an excellent morning. DavidWritten 20 July 2019
- The new shop in East Belfast is brilliant. Has everything that you can ask for. Great to see them making the sweeties in front of you. Will have to be back soonWritten 29 April 2023
- KevinBrogan is a knowledgeable and entertaining driver/guide. Our experience in all aspects was excellent! We toured Mourne, Downpatrick, and all points in between.Written 12 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Belfast
- These are the best places for couples seeking cooking classes in Belfast:See more cooking classes for couples in Belfast on Tripadvisor