91 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 91
What travelers are saying
- The Duke of York is highly recommended as a traditional Irish bar with live music and a friendly atmosphere. There are rooms full of memorabilia and every wall is busily decorated. The drinks on offer are mostly beers and whiskeys.
Located in the busiest area in Belfast known as "Cathedral Quarter" so we knew it would be busy when we visited early one saturday night, however we were not prepared for how absolutely jam packed it was!! People were buying drinks and standing out in the alley/small street "Umbrella Street" it was that packed! So you couldn't even walk up Umbrella Street as too many people standing around with drinks, shoulder to shoulder!
The Duke of York is notorious and high on the list for tourists to visit, but be warned we couldn't get anywhere near this pub on a weekend night. So we recommended to visit mid-week and during the day if you actually want to get a seat inside, have a drink and a look around and hear yourself think! (yes we are nearly 40 now and like to visit a pub to have a 'conversation' over drinks! haha)Written 31 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a Belfast native who left in 1997, I was delighted to introduce my son and two friends, one Hungarian and one British Bengali to Kelly's Cellars. It didn't dissappoint. The food was great, the Guinness was outstanding and the staff both behind the bar and on security were amazing and very welcoming.
There was just one sour note to the occasion. On the last night, while seated at a table, waiting for food a group of local women started aggressively pushing into our table when there was not really any space. We were told by them that we shouldn't expect to have a table to ousrelves in Kelly's. This was followed by an assertion that as we were tourists we shouldn't be taking up a table as they came there every week and one of their Dad's owned the bar. The latter clearly being a lie. When I pointed out we didn't have much space it seemed to rile them and they became verbally abusive. They began insulting me about my age, then focused on my son telling him that he wasn't Irish. He defended himself saying, I am Irish to which one responded, "You're not Irish, you're English, shut up, you have no opinion here". The insults went up a notch when they turned on my Bengali friend asking him pointedly "where are you from anyway" and then telling him that "you have no right to be here. This is our bar. This is West Belfast". The next move was for one of the women to go to the doorman and ask for us to be thrown out. The doorman made the right call and was very supportive of us. However in the end the aggressive tactics of these women was successful and we left the bar giving them the table as the whole situation was very tense and unpleasant.Written 24 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stunning food and music. Really enjoyable experience in the heart of Belfast. We have eaten here several times at this experience was the best yet.Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hands down the best Guinness in Belfast - lovely, quirkly and small traditional pub. Friendly staff and welcoming locals with trad music on a Saturday afternoon. Reasonably priced too compared to some of the other watering holes in Belfast.Written 13 November 2023
- Visited last week while staying in Belfast, to see Bone machine.
Didn’t particularly enjoy the gig but loved the venue, small & perfect for live music.
Located in the Cathedral Quarter this is 2 venues in one: The Green Room & The Black Box.
Staff were great, bar & security, and I’d be happy to see more music here.Written 14 May 2023
- 2nd time to Belfast and fibber magees. Fibber magees was amazing. Everyone was super friendly and the music was great. The whole place was packed and really buzzing. Would highly recommend.Written 19 November 2023
- An excellently run, cosy, and friendly comedy club. Would class myself as a "regular" and rarely disappointed. Sometimes you get the bigger names of the NI circuit, sometimes you get the fresh up and coming acts so yoiu can say "I was there when they started".
If you keep an eye out for Mr Firehorse, he is one of the best MCs about, and of course, Mr Rafflehorse is an absolute gent.
Do yourself a favour, ditch Corrie, and come here on a Monday nightWritten 25 May 2023
- Great bar, lovely atmosphere. However, we were there recently and ordered a bottle of wine from the wine list. When the bill came, the bottle was listed as £2 more expensive. The waitress advised that the prices had increased since the menu was printed....?! We advised that we'd only pay the price that was advertised...I'd recommend that others should do the same!Written 19 August 2023
- Live music, friendly staff. Large venue, but very popular and busy at 3pm on a Saturday so great atmosphere. Nice decor.Written 14 November 2023
- Took a colleague from England here. He was unimpressed by The Crown as he said there were lots of old pubs where he was from, so to the Sunflower for a taste of more recent history…the security box and CCTV still there at the front door as a monument to the troubles. He loved it! It was a Monday night but lively with music in the courtyard and with a good number of people in the bar itself. Good choice of beers. It’s a lovely bar with its own character, my colleague loved that it wasn’t a tourist trap, it’s the best place to head for on a quiet night in the city centre.Written 18 October 2023
- Great bar, proper cocktails - staff excellent. Music good and selection of cocktails amazing guy behind the bar knew his stuff. Friendly vibrant barWritten 17 October 2023
- Went on a busy Saturday night. The outside area is really nice and the inside too. The service was excellent and the food really good. My friend jad the vegetarian pie with veg etc I had beer battered fish and chips. Very reasonable with 2 drinks was £26 for two! Staff very friendly - recommended .Written 29 October 2023
- We came for something fun (and dry!) to do during a family visit. Really great fun for keen golfers or (like 2 of our party) absolute novices. Service was fab and there’s no fiddling about and struggling with the system. Can’t recommend highly enough!Written 21 August 2020
- I had the chicken and chorizo pasta. Very good, if was. Very big portion. Tasted very nice. Bar expensive. I would definitely consider returning, next time I am in Belfast. Friendly staff. I got a table, even though I didn't book.Written 11 June 2023
- Popped in on a rainy afternoon for lunch. So glad we found it! Great service and very cozy. Had my first boxty there, and it was really good! Will go again the next time we visit Belfast.Written 14 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Belfast