Speciality Museums • History Museums
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in York
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- A major collection of different trains . accessories which tell the history of train and railway. There is always something of special interestWritten 2 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is such an impressive building we were delighted to go inside and learn about the history. We were lucky that the choir was practicing which was beautiful and added so much atmosphere to this special place. The restoration they have done over the years is very impressive and it’s only through support that they can maintain such a historic building.Written 3 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fantastic day out with the family,loads of things to see and enjoy,a real step back in time.
Would highly recommend itWritten 2 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love the shambles. Very quant with lots of independent shops along the way. Definitely takes you back in time!Written 27 November 2022
- Fantastic experience, the walls are so impressive and in remarkably good condition when you consider their age. Highly recommend walking around first thing in the morning so you have the walls to yourself!Written 29 November 2022
- We had a fantastic time at York maize. There was loads to do even when it rained. My daughter hurt herself while we were there and the first aided was fantastic, genuinely cared that she was well and also felt well and looked after me as I was concerned about her. Would definitely recommend.Written 28 November 2022
- We visited as a couple and had an absolutely fantastic time. Our tour guide Jake was excellent. He was very enthusiastic, entertaining and taught us a lot we didn’t know about chocolate. We especially enjoyed making the lollies at the end. Definitely a must for any trip to York.Written 2 December 2022
- Have visited multiple times, one of my favourite museums with great staff and displays.
The ground running aircraft are fantastic.
The whole site is part of an old RAF base so feels even more authentic. Love it!Written 26 November 2022
- Interesting museum about the life of the Vikings and artefacts discovered in York. The main attraction is the ride through the display showing the Viking way of life i York all those years ago. This is supported with numerous displays of the artefacts found during the excavations. Overall a good museum to visit but doesn't take along as you think to visit the museum. Allow 1 to 1,5 hours depending on how long you spend in the exhibition display area.Written 17 November 2022
- Although it was rainy and cold, I decided to walk the grounds and it was an enjoyable experience. The grounds are peaceful and made for a great time to take in the sights and escape life and just get lost in thought. The grounds have beautiful plants and the ruins of the cathedral are interesting and really get the mind going!Written 15 November 2022
- Absolutely amazing site, this was the highlight of our trip to York. Our tour guide Jake was brilliant, really knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the site. I cannot recommend this site enough!Written 29 November 2022
- We thought that the Christmas In the Woods experience was as good if not better than last year. The decorations were really impressive and the addition of the projection lighting and dancers on the ceiling were really good. We went off peak on a Thursday and it took an hour to get round. Could imagine at peak times it could be slow moving but best to take your time to take it all in.Written 2 December 2022
- These gardens are extremely well laid out, most of the plants are named. A lot of thought and eye catching design has gone into the planting. A good cafe and nursery garden attached. A thoroughly enjoyable visitWritten 15 September 2022
- There were probably many houses like this in York with rich inhabitants, this one has been extensively restored by York City trust and you can see how the wealthy owners lived when the house was occupied.
Our visit was made special by the wonderful guides, keen to share their great knowledge of the house, it’s past and the people who lived there.Written 1 December 2022