- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
113 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 113
What travelers are saying
- Wonderful experience. I was fascinated by Science North. It is built into the hill side and each level had easy access whether you walk up the ramp, use the elevator or stairs. Around every corner and nook is something fun to learn. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The interactive displays are user friendly. Overall , a great experience and highly recommend as a must see experience if you are in Sudbury .Written 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The nickel was amazing and very shiny. The tour itself was good, definitely need a sweater though. Gives a good idea on how things were. Our guide Jadyen tried hard to accommodate the kids on the tour.Written 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a well maintained and picturesque boardwalk and path with lots of folks out to enjoy it. Started at the farmers market at Science North where there is lots of parking.Written 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kivi Park is a great location to do a variety of outdoor activities and is available to everyone of all ages. Kivi Park is the perfect place to bring your family or friends to venture out into the outdoors and do activities such as hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking, and fat biking. The landscapes and activities that Kivi Park provides make this place a safe and unforgettable experience. One thing that Kivi Park should improve on is its annual pricing. Their hiking trails used to be free to anyone, but now they only offer a year pass that sums up to $100 and their hiking trails cost $9.00 per person, this can become pricey especially for people of the lower class that have a large number of people in their family. Another issue I have with Kivi park is if you want to actually do any of the activities that they offer, such as fat biking and snowshoeing, you have to pay for their equipment that is also quite expensive. If you’re also someone that relies heavily on public transportation, this isn’t the best place for you to visit.Written 9 November 2021
- The trails at the Conservation Area are amazing. There are trails for walking and harder trails for more experienced hikers. The views of Lake Laurentian are breathtaking at any time of the year. I strongly recommend everyone visiting or living in Sudbury to visit this gem!Written 11 January 2021
- Such a beautiful place to connect with your faith. Many people just use this space to take pictures.
It’s definitely a great place with pillars & foundationWritten 27 November 2021
- In addition to the excellent trails, the facilities are also an interesting place to hold events. Usually always wildlife aroundWritten 9 October 2019
- Awesome campground! Very clean, well maintained, beautiful grounds. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Great, safe campground for families with pets and/or kids or anyone who wants a little piece of outdoor heaven. On the lake with docking facilities. 15 minutes from grocery store, LCBO, beer store, church ...Written 31 July 2019
- I started out on the A Y Jackson visitor center side. Quick easy walk to the viewing platform of the waterfall. This would be ready for anyone that can't bike or tires easily.
If you want the best views and a good hike park down the road at alt parking and walk up the sand hill.
This starts off with bike up the hill to somewhat groomed trail to the Bridge and other viewing platform. I would think most Paul's don't make it here since it is a bit of work.
If you like to hike like I do and enjoy more technical hikes there is also a 2km loop just past the bridge. I ventured Down the rocks to get better views.
I would recommend good shots for this as the rocks can get slippery even on days it has not rained.Written 12 September 2021
- Went to the park specifically to see the statue. Looked amazing as was very intricately done with lots to see in the statue.Written 28 April 2022
- We actually camped at Halfway in July and August. The July trip was good but there were still many insects. The trip in August was much better for bugs. The beach is sandy and shallow . The water was warm. There are several lakes that can be paddled. There is good fishing. We caught four pike. The staff is friendly and the store is well stocked. One trail was closed. There are two campgrounds. The wild rose campground is fairly ose to the highway and can be noisy. There are what I believe to be grouse walking around at campsites. I recommend this parkWritten 19 August 2020
- Wow! If you love books, GO THERE! Huge range of authors old and new, displayed in easy-to-find shelves, and staff know their stock really well. We came away delighted with our finds.Written 24 September 2019
- Great place to camp out north of Ontario. Great staff and clean place. The toilets needs some work but better than others out there. Plenty of birds around .Be prepared with bug spray coz it can get crazy during evening time. Quiet lake around and can swim. Network coverage is bad hence perfect for camping.
Canoe rentals are available at the park office.
Not so great hiking place. We went to Chutes Park for hikes.Written 4 July 2022
- I was pleasantly surprised by the number and diversity of animals on display at Northern Exotics; it really is a mini-zoo. Reptile enthusiasts will be particularly impressed with the many species of lizards, snakes, turtles, and even crocodilians. They also have parrots, a fennec fox, lemurs, and many other interesting residents. I especially liked the squirrel monkeys jumping around their enclosure, very entertaining. The staff were also very friendly and knowledgeable. Glad to see that these former pets have a good home and are well cared for.Written 2 August 2020
- We, a family of 4 from Ottawa, had dinner here on Saturday, August 1, 2020. Very personable service and good quality food. In fact, the onion rings were the best we have ever tasted! We were left wondering why the tables were not all full!Written 1 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Sudbury