Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Kelowna
What travelers are saying
- This is a 10 - 11 km trail, which you can start from both ends (total round trip is about 20 - 21 km). The road up the canyon is not totally paved, but it is okay. From one end, the road is about 6 km up there (less popular end, but in my opinion the more attractive one) and the other is about 8 km (which is more crowded, probably because the road condition is slightly better). The views are really spectacular, remember to take some water with yourself. You can walk, run, or bike there as it is pretty flat.Written 19 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is our favorite place to visit living in kelowna, we moved to kelowna from the uk (wales) and always our first stop to visitors to showing off the best of this beautiful city ❤️ today the star's aligned and we decided to take our visiting family here for Christmas on a little wine tasting experience, of course vibrant vines was our first stop, the wine tasting along with the cheese tasting was a new experience and absolutely stunning. We proceeded to show the family the amazing art work when we bumped into gwyn and his wife who actually own the winery.
Well we were totally blown away with the wine in the first place but to personally have a tour with them and here there amazing story of the new beginning in Canada and the spectacular art work of there son along with having no1 white wine awards globally was the best experience for us and our family.
What a beautiful fun inspiring place to visit ❤️
DiolchWritten 18 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can do a variety of activities here. What we did was just enjoying the spectacular views over the lake during a sunset. There are a couple of nice cafes, where you can dine or have a drink as well :-)Written 19 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow what a great place to go especially for the kids they can pet the animals feed the animals and really get a great experienceWritten 10 October 2022
- A beautiful park with fun trails. Great views of the city and the lake, tons of parking at both levels. Some spots of the trail get a little steep but otherwise a very enjoyable walk.Written 21 October 2022
- Very nicely done with wooden bridges, small waterwalls, lovely plants and trees. Get to see the water, art installations, and check out the 'fancy' houses. A great way to stroll and can step off to go to the many restaurants in the cultural district.Written 23 October 2022
- The temperment of all of the animals was a wonder to experience. All of the animals show how well they are cared for, are clean, cheerful and tolerant. Thanks so much for providing this experience!Written 24 October 2022
- We toured through this beautiful but somewhat hidden Japanese garden as part of our 3-hour walking tour of Kelowna. This is a beautiful little garden and admission is free!Written 1 September 2022
- My son is about to have a milestone birthday & he & his family have invited me to their home in Ucluelet B.C. to celebrate it with them.
I wanted to get some special wines to honour their generous & kind invitation, & the birthday event.
I immediately thought of Cedar Creek as a good place to have some nice wines shipped from ahead of the celebration.
Aiden was on duty the Sunday I called & helped me select three nice wines, making sure they were shipped swiftly.
I also was very well looked after by its sister winery in the same group — St Martin’s Lane Winery — as I was by EverythingWines in Vancouver.
We will have a good week enjoying those celebratory wines shipped from the three wine purveyors.
Cedar Creek has been part of the B.C. wine landscape for many decades; always impressing with its wines & service.
Posted by S FullerWritten 14 August 2022
- Lovely winery to visit. It was very busy. We counted 4 tour buses as we were leaving. Parking was ample. We decided to have refreshments on their patio. It is a great sport for romantic moments. We also noted they had an area the patio looked over for weddings.Written 25 January 2023
- This lovely waterfront park is adjacent to the downtown Marina. It is a beautiful place for a leisurely stroll or activities such as swimming, sunbathing, watersports, beach volleyball etc. We also saw an inflated floating playground on the lake for the kids. The park offers a wonderful view of Okanagan Lake. There are a number of restaurants offering a wide choice of cuisines within walking distance. All in all, a great place to spend an afternoon or evening or the entire day.Written 25 August 2022
- What a lovely winery with great views and character in the main wine shop. The owner is a lovely lady from Netherlands with an incredible story of how her and her husband got into the wine business 35 years ago at this property. Highly recommended if you want something unique and different. And their white wines and rose are incredible.Written 5 September 2022
- Great place to walk. Yet so close to town. Distances well marked so can be a short or long walk, pity it's not circular. Shared with bikes. If you want to get away from people and wine this is the perfect place to do it.Written 15 June 2022
- We went here as part of a 3-hour food and drink walking tour of Kelowna. This was one of 2 (out of 8) places where we did not get food. Instead we got to sample 3 of their unique liquors. No idea what the tastings cost. None of our group purchased it.Written 31 August 2022
- The family came to this beach because we had about an hour and a half to kill. There is paid parking right beside but you can also find some free parking across the street along some side streets. If you have lots of gear or small children I would recommend using the paid parking.
There are a lot of amenities close by like washrooms with separate change areas, restaurants, and ice cream across the street to name a few. There are also separate areas off the beach for volleyball and other activities, plenty of greenspace for picnics and such.
The beach itself is great with areas for sun and shade. There is also a small playground on the beach. There are 2 zip lines; one along the sand and one off the pier into the water. The water is very shallow and goes quite a ways. As a result, the waves created by boats passing doesn't effect as much so great for kids. There is also a shower area for body and feet which is great to wash off the sand.
Even though we were there for a short time we enjoyed our time there and liked all the amenities there.Written 26 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kelowna
- The best day trips from Kelowna according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Wine Tour Experience In Lake Country 5 Wineries
- Naramata Wine Tour Full Day
- Okanagan Private Wine Tour In Your Own Vehicle
- West Kelowna 5 Winery Wine Trail
- Ladies Wine Tours, (additional charge add a meal stop).
Kelowna Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 1:14 pm|