Popular things to do
- Half-day Tours
- Day Cruises
- Day Trips
- 4WD Tours
- Historic Sites
- Bus Tours
- Self-guided Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Vespa Rentals
- Hop on Hop Off Buses
- Photography Tours
- Cooking Classes
- Dining Experiences
- Fishing Charters
- Jet Boat Rentals
- Kayaking Tours
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Special Offers
- Shopping Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
Top Attractions in New Providence Island
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Lots of fun and plenty to do. Rapids are great as are the slides. Very well themed with plenty to do for all ages.Written 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- was so fun walking - a beautiful stretch of beach and a nice exercise track - and there were some trainers teaching exercise classesWritten 9 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great time during our visit. The food was amazing and so was the service. Crystal went above and beyond to make us comfortable and have an enjoyable day. I will definitely return in the future.Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing marine life and experiences! Beautiful habitats and many viewing areas and interactive experiences.Written 21 September 2022
- These are more impressive than they sound. It might take a bit to truly appreciate the labour involved in here. If nothing else the surprising cooling effect noted when entering the so called 'valley'. Unfortunately the ponds and water have been turned off and not restarted since COVID so they are a cesspool. Be prepared for a long climb out. Avoid the 'guides' hustling moneyWritten 14 September 2022
- Great and simple day! Edmund picked us up from our hotel on Paradise Island and there was only one other couple doing the day tour with us. Edmund was very friendly and funny. He gave us a great tour of the down town as we drove over to Clifton. The snorkelling was great! We didn’t know about the sculptures in the water until we had already booked so it was a nice treat. There are only two, sometimes three, really interesting ones and the rest are just little domes. The water was clear and we saw a stingray and a barracuda. There were four or six guides diving with us, one was taking pictures and videos which they sent to us afterwards for no charge. The beach we ate lunch at was beautiful. There were play areas set up for kids/families. The lunch was hot chicken, rice, and vegetables. There was a little bar there where we had a drink. There was no one else on the beach but our small group. After this we did the heritage tour. The guide only took us around part of the park but did a great job at explaining how people came to The Bahamas, which is what I was really interested in. Instead of going right back to our hotel, Edmund dropped us off at a recommended restaurant.Written 23 September 2022
- This beach was beautiful- we had the afternoon off the cruise ship & wanted a cheaper alternative to the expensive excursions offered by the cruise ship - our driver suggested this beach - we weren’t disappointed. The water is crystal clear & sand so white. There is a bar as well which is an added bonus. We had an amazing afternoon there- can’t wait to get back there!Written 10 September 2022
- The gardens were very natural and the kids loved exploring all the little paths. The animals and shows were very cool! We really enjoyed it.Written 15 July 2022
- Sting ray city was a lot of fun and gave a lot of information about sting rays. Captain Chester was very friendly and made our trip memorable! I would recommend this attraction!Written 21 February 2020
- I had the most amazing experience, Jesse Higgs to helps to raise the pigs was amazing at explaining some of the brief history about the island and nearby Spanish wells. He also was so friendly and helped take pictures of us while we were holding the pigs! He definitely was a big part of making this excursion so amazing and memorable. I would and have definitely recommended this to family and friends.Written 5 September 2022
- This is one of the two best easily accessible beaches on New Providence and Paradise, but see Cove and Paradise beaches as well. This is adjacent to the huge Atlantis Resort and there are water sports activities like parasailing and jet skiing available. Ask the locals for the best dive spots, but if you look for the rock jetttys at the east end of Cabbage or on the spit of land with rocks that separates Cove Beach from Paradise Beach, there is lots to see in and around there.
The smooth white sand is perfect for sunbathing and swimming if the water is calm, but if the wind is up out of the North, the water becomes very choppy and they close the beach to swimming. The Cove or beaches on new providence that are sheltered by Paradise Island (like Jankanoo) are a good choice.Written 23 June 2022
- Worth checking out for most people. The ship when you first walk in is impressive. Most of the exhibits are well done. If not lacking a bit in historical facts.Written 15 September 2022
- While they haven't swapped the trash cans out yet, for models without ashtrays on the top, the casino is currently non-smoking and it's such a refreshing change compared to Tahoe and Vegas (where I normally go). Hadn't been to the Bahamas in ten years, but decided to give the Hyatt a try for a family trip, primarily because the idea of beach+water park+casino appealed, but preferably under the Hyatt brand for the Globalist benefits. After having a fantastic experience, I don't see any real reason to go back to Atlantis, and we'll probably make this Hyatt and Baha Mar casino an annual fall getaway before school restarts.
Being able to gamble for hours, then go to dinner while not making the others in my party gag from the nasty stale cigarette smell attached to all my clothing, was awesome. I probably put in three or four more hours per day at the tables than I do in Vegas thanks to this.
Anyway, four minor complaints that prevented me from going to five stars: 1) There isn't a craps table that opens early in the day, and that's all I play. On a family trip, early morning is often a time I can get a few hours in while relatives and kids are rolling out of bed or not yet ready for breakfast. 2) I never saw a table lower than $15. That's fine for me, but at a destination property like this, where family members or friends may come who've never played craps, that's a big ask just to try things out. Why not have a $5 table mid afternoon to let newcomers try out different games without the big commit? Why not have a $10 table when it's dead? Get some fresh shooters who attract others to the table. 3) They do not grandfather. I was at the table when a shooter had a great run, everyone was yelling and cheering, super fun vibe, and as soon as her roll ended they raised the table limit and almost everyone left. I'll never understand that; why would you not want the people who just won a bunch to stick around to possibly give it back? It killed the mood for those that remained so we all colored out as well. 4) As is often the case with casinos that don't have much competition, a field bet 12 only pays double.
The dealers here are phenomenal. So again, I really wanted to go five stars, just didn't because of those above annoyances, but it was super super close thanks to how great the staff are. All the dealers at the craps pits were so friendly and fun to interact with; did not encounter a single standoffish person like you often do in Vegas.Written 9 August 2022
- Lovely beach front with Crystal clear waters. I enjoyed beach time on the late afternoons since at 7pm its still bright. You can get food, drinks, sports and there was also a massage booth. Hotels are nearby.Written 25 August 2022
- Walk under the lagoon and see all the cool marine life of sharks, fish and more. One of the nighlights of this Atlantis resort. Free to see once you are on the property.Written 10 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about New Providence Island
- The best day trips from New Providence Island according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Exuma Powerboat Tour from Nassau
- Swimming Pigs Full Day Exuma Boat Tour
- Intimate Pig Beach Excursion to Exuma Swimming Pigs has 7 Stops & Flight Options
- Sandy Toes Full Day Excursion to Rose Island
- Exuma Island Hopping and Swimming Pigs Tour