Bodies of Water
Top Attractions in Yuchi
What travelers are saying
- So much to do here at Sun Moon Lake. Always visit here a few times when returning to Nantou to visit the in-laws as less than an hrs drive away. Hiring bikes is always a fun choice as well as the boat tours and visiting some of the temples. I recommend avoiding the parking touts trying to signal you in, also some of the vendors can sometimes be a bit pushy but never too bad. As always in Taiwan, plenty of different foods to choose from!Written 18 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wen Wu Shrine is dedicated to Guan Yu, a Taoist god who is widely worshipped in Taiwan. He is a deified soldier, who featured in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, one of China's classic novels. He is God of War and God of Wealth. Other deities are also venerated. There is a celebration of Confucius' birthday. You may see many of the faithful dropping wooden crescents on the floor seeking Guan Yu's wise counsel on whether they should take any step, from a medical proceedure and marriage to opening a business.Written 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is clean and the people are friendly. Food options were somewhat limited. Seemed like only about 2/3 of the place was even open. There were hardly any visitors on the day we went, which was a little awkward. The plus side was there were no lines for the rides. The aboriginal villages are interesting and we learned a lot about indigenous cultures in Taiwan.Written 13 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The architecture and building are amazing. The scenery is spectacular. The introductory film by round screen at the mutimedia center is also attractive.Sitting at the outdoor cafe is another cozy way to enjoy the surroundings.Written 26 July 2022
- This is the main starting point for boats on the lake. Our bus from and to Taichung will be stopping and starting from The Shuishe Visitor Centre nearby. Most of the activities, hotels, bike hire, boat rides and round the lake bus are concentrated around this area.Written 17 October 2020
- Great way to see the sights around Sun Moon Lake is to hire a bicycle and cycle around or use an electric bike. Beside getting a healthy dose of exercise, you are rewarded with beautiful scenery.Written 18 October 2020
- Cycling on a rented bike is a must do activity in Sun Moon Lake and is very popular. Sure beats walking as the lake is quite big. We booked our bikes online and cycled from Shuishe to Xiangshan and around. We met many fellow cyclists. On one of the boardwalks, we need to get down and push our bikes as cycling was prohibited. Weather was pleasant but sunny. Enjoyed this activity and got some exercise too. This bikeway is quite scenic.Written 17 October 2020
- Pagodas are quite common in China, but rare in Taiwan, This outstanding pagoda provides a marvellous view over Sun Moon Lake. It's quite a climb to get to the top, but it's worth it. By the way, the pagoda was built by the last President Chiang Kai-shek in honour of his mother.Written 30 January 2022
- After the long walk uphill I most rewarded with a beautiful view of Sun Moon Lake.
The Cien Pagoda was built by Chiang Kai-Shem in memory oh his mother. The pagoda completed in 1971 and sits at the top of the 3,130 feet (954 meter) high Shabalan Mountain. The pagoda is 151 feet tall with a speculator view of Sun BBC Moon Lake.
The water in Sun Moon Lake is green and clear, reflecting the images of surrounding mountains and serene landscape.
Lalu Island in the middle of the lake separates the lake into a part shaped like a crescent moon and another part shaped like a round sun; I can see THE SUN, THE MOON, THE VIEW ... at Cien Pagoda.
Note: There is a water closet a little off to the left of the gate before beginning of stairs to the pagoda. No water closet at the pagoda on top.Written 27 November 2020
- Xuanzang Temple was built in 1958. The relics of a famous Tang Dynasty Buddhist monk, Xuanzang (Hsuan-tsang) are enshrined here, along with a golden idol in is image.
Hsuantsang was a prominent Buddhist monk who made a 17-year journey to India during the 7th century.
The Hsuantsang Hall is the main hall of the temple with 3 floors. The second floor contains the Hsuantang’s shrine and the third floor had the relics of Hsuan-tsang and his classic works.
Other interesting features of the complex include Hauantsang Memorial Museum, Turtle statue, white elephant statue, and bell tower
On the roof of the building, I saw another view of the beautiful Sun Moon Lake.
It was very interesting to learn about the BUDDHIST SOJOURNER ... at Xuanzang Temple.
Note: The water closet is to the left of the temple near the snack bar.Written 27 November 2020
- Beautiful architecture and surrounding tea farm makes for a deliteful stop on the way to to Yuchin or Puli Taiwan Republic Of China.
Delicious tea and free parking.
#antiqueasamteafarm,#teafarms,#yuchi,#puli,#taiwantea,#Written 12 October 2019
- We took the cable car round-trip to see the Sun Moon Lake from the top and found the view is breathe-taking!Written 7 January 2020
- You can arrange this together with the sun moon lake. However, the traffic will be terrible during this period. Please avoid visit here on the weekend.Written 23 January 2018
- We stayed at the health center here. It's very peaceful and the vegan meals were amazing! Staff are super friendly and helpful! You will need a car or bike or motorcycle if you want to go around the campus and find food if you don't have any meal plans prepared. The rooms at the health center are dated but the staff are super friendly and nice and hospitable! The wellness equipments at the health center are amazing too!Written 7 January 2020
- Used this trail a lot, so many great photo opportunities along the walkway, a must for photographers, great sunset and sunrise spots.Written 2 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Yuchi
- The best day trips from Yuchi according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- 1-day Tour to Sun Moon Lake from Taipei by High Speed Rail
- Chartered Sun Moon Lake Tour
- 1 day tour Sun Moon Lake from Taichung
- One-day Sun Moon Lake Tour Package
- Sun Moon Lake 1-Day Leisure Tour from Taipei