- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
7 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Last December, I took my first ever trip to the Rizal srhine in Dapitan, Zamboanga del Norte. It was a very educational and relaxing walking tour that encompassed several different structures which included both preserved and restored buildings from National Hero Jose Rizal's residence and medical clinic while he lived in exile in Dapitan. I was unable to go to the Museum as it was closed for the day (30 November being a holiday, Bonifacio Day, ironically enough), but being able to visit the various spots around the compound was satisfying enough. With an animated and friendly volunteer giving us a tour, it was an even more pleasant experience.Written 5 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For a place like Dapitan, Gloria de Dapitan is already enough. They have this horror house that is actually fun. there is also a fun roller coaster that is somewhat fun. But if you're a thrill-seeker and you have been to other theme parks, this wouldn't be enough. Coming here once is enough. The second time I came here it already became a bore. But the roller coaster is worth a second tryWritten 22 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the place where Rizal, a national hero of the Philippines, landed. Since there is only few touristic site in Dipolog, this is a major tourist attraction. Although I don’t know about the history of the country, I found this place is very beautiful. It is a good spot to take a picture.Written 5 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The people strolling around the plaza and their beautiful cathedral is a must see when you get to this place.Written 1 July 2015
- I visited this church last July 15, the feast of the patron saint of the Dapitanos, St. Michael the Archangel. If the Rizal Shrine is a must during your tour, this old church is very historical and existed before the national hero, therefore your first priority before the Talisay landmark. In front Rizal built a map of Mindanao. Rizal used to attend Mass here since he used to live in an old villa near the church before his house and dormitories were completed. in Talisay.
It also faces the old plaza and old municipio, thus your first landmark upon reaching the poblacion.It has retained its rustic atmosphere and most of the icons date back during the Hispanic colonization of Mindanao.Anywhere you roam around the poblacion the belfy would be your guide.I suggest you first stop here before proceeding to the shrine which had undergone several face lifting that the shrine had lost its original infrastructure. This church was the symbol of the people's blind faith to Catholicism. Because of the existence of the Catholic church, the people opposed then the construction of a school ran by the American missionaries who were protestants. Thus the builders were forced to moved accross the sea the Silliman University to Dumaguete, not in Dapitan as originally planned during the 1900s.Their faith had blinded the pro-Catholic residents and failed to obtained the best English education during that time.Written 5 November 2019
- It was rather difficult to find the entrance at first. It was a little gate that was unassuming and simple but once you get to the top you get a commanding view of Dapitan City as well as the nearby mountains and the Sulu Sea. It had a donation fee of just 5 pesos and was a doable walk away from the city center. During my visit last August 3, 2016, I saw about a dozen kids, aged 6 to 9 years old, by the stairs who had just come down from the top. I playfully remarked if they would accompany back up again and without hesitation they went merrily up with me, much to my delight. At the top they started pointing out the landmarks of the city. I asked them about life in their fair city and it's always interesting what you can get from a child's perspective about life in general. Overall, it was a simple but enjoyable experience.Written 10 September 2016
- The city government of Dapitan tried to push this cove to become a full-fledged resort. It tried but failed.Today it's back to its primitive condition. No drinking water, no toilet facilities , no restaurants nor rooms for rent. In short this it as what as it's described--a beach, period.
There are three access routes to this beach. The most accessible is via Dipolog's sitio Bucana.in Sicayab barangay. You have to hike going to this cove for about an hour.You need strong knees and legs. There is almost a 45-degree slope to cross the mountain. There is an unfinished road going to the cove.However, there is a spring along this route. The second approach is via Pulauan wharf in Dapitan.You need a good pair of hiking or mountaineering rubber shoes because of the hike and climb up and down steep slopes..
The third access route is by the sea. You have to charter a motorized outrigger in Bucana for about P100 to P150 round trip.You would be dropped on the beach in the morning and you would be picked up in the afternoon.But rough seas may not be your kind of a adventure. so take the route via Bucana in Dipolog City.
The sand is fine and whitish but not powdery as in Panglao or Boracay, but it's a white beach, which is not common in Dipolog. This is the only all-weather white beach near Dipolog. So it's common to find most of the picknickers are from Dipolog not Dapitan. If you are already in Dapitan, you may proceed to Napo or Dakak beach not Bitoon.Written 5 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Dapitan City
- The most popular things to do in Dapitan City with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Dapitan City on Tripadvisor