Top Attractions in Panglao Island
What travelers are saying
- I miss this place been so long that never been visited this white beach it’s perfect place to relax and unwind specially friends & also nice to be alone here hahaha well I enjoy the whole area and you can see the other resorts nearbyWritten 22 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- it still smells pungy (the bats make it so).it still looks gloomy (just like the other caves i've been to). it still has its mystery appeal that attracts thousands of tourists daily.
the tour guide was a clown. aside from the witty lines that he threw most of the time which cracked us up, he was also a good photographer. he knew which corners of the cave register good camera angles.
hinagdanan cave is an underground delight for newbie spelunkers. it has brackish water conducive for swimming until 4pm only. it is very accessible, affordable (50 pesos entrance fee) and available from 8am til 5pm daily.Written 19 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited during low tide and it was so beautiful.
The famous sandbar was below water but it made it shallow enough for young kids to swim. And with the sand underneath so white, it made the beach extra pristine.Written 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful experience, faced my fears! The place, the people and the lessons are outstanding. Very memorable. Thank you to the team! 😊Written 4 February 2023
- While staying at the Amorita we visited the beach every day and night. The sea for bathing was always calm. Evenings here have a nice laidback vibe. Not too crazy and too quiet. My kind of place to while away a day/night. Most restaurants here offer up good fresh fish options along with the other usual offerings. The bars here are more chilled out than those on the spine-road (from beach to main road). Enjoy.Written 12 August 2022
- We stopped by here while staying at a resort on the island.
We spent maybe an hour there and took a few photos (no flash)
The Tarsiers are funny little things and I would be surprised if they could survive nowadays without protection.
Worth a visit.
I imagine that kids would love them.Written 26 September 2022
- This beach is gorgeous! However, it isn’t ideal for swimming due to the shallow water. This is away from the crowd and noise of Alona Beach so you will experience a quiet and relaxing stay.Written 12 December 2021
- Called one afternoon and enjoyed the few sleeping tarsier seen.
At one dollar entrance it's well worth an hour of your time...Written 30 April 2018
- While on scooters heading back to Alona Beach we stopped at this church. It is well worth a visit. They were decorating for a wedding but we still were allowed in to see. Very ornate for the location.Written 16 January 2020
- A great thing to do on a rainy day - we had fun visiting and swimming in this little cave right next to the resort.Written 28 November 2016
- There are many restaurants to choose from, and there is a sizable area where my kids can play, so we came here to visit and eat. They also have a gift shop. This is one of the best places to visit if you want to unwind and watch the sunset.Written 6 February 2023
- We had visited other churches on the main Bohol island, but this one is situated on the smaller Panglao island. Well worth a visit if you've a half-day to spare. It's not far from the resorts on Alona beach. Beautiful murals on the ceiling. Don't forget to look up while inside. Architecturally interesting if you, like me, like churches.
The grounds and town are very tranquil and not far from the water, where catamarans gather to take people out on trips. There's a watch tower on the grounds too, although we couldn't enter it. I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with the Parish Priest who was delighted to hear we were Irish. Please try to leave a donation.Written 13 August 2022
- Out boat captain explained that the island "Isola di Fransesco" used to be named "Virgin island" but the current owner changed name to "Isola di Fransesco". The new "Virgin island" is now located a short distance from "Isola di Fransesco". Complicated? I guess so...
Anyhow, it's a peaceful and beautiful place with a lot of religious (catholic) statues och also a lot of rules what it's not accepted. I did enjoy walking here, taking pictures and just relax.Written 17 December 2019
- Most of the day was low tide so we had to walk far before we were able to swim. But the beach was nice and clean. There was a lot of sea urchin and starfish tho so watch out.Written 14 March 2019
- If you are fond of seeing different kinds of sea shells, this is the place to go. This owned by a very old man who is a shell collector. I got a chance to see and talk to him. The entrance fee is only 50 pesos. Don’t expect the museum to be in an airconditioned building. Some of the glass panels have cracks and the shell collections are stored in a poor condition. The staff are very courteous and explain to us about the different shells. There is also the tiniest shell named after Emperor Hirohito and it is the most expensive shell in the world. I hope they improve the place especially the wooden casings of the shells and put some aircons. But my family enjoyed the collections.Written 23 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Panglao Island
- The best day trips from Panglao Island according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Bohol and Chocolate Hills with Loboc River Cruise
- Danao Bohol Adventure Tour (Sea of Clouds, The Plunge and Sagbayan Peak)
- Bohol Island Hopping
- Full Day Pamilacan Island Day Tour with Lunch
- Mag-aso Falls Antequera Bohol
- The most popular things to do in Panglao Island with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Haka Dive Center
- Tropical Divers Dive Center
- Equation Dive & Travel Different
- Dreamcat Marine Adventures
- Scotty's Action Sports Network