We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Flor Ixcaco

126 Reviews

Casa Flor Ixcaco

126 Reviews
Get the full experience and book a tour
Recommended
Our most popular tours and activities
Nearby Experiences
Other experiences in San Juan la Laguna
Lake Atitlan one day from Antigua
US$384.62 per adult
Full view
Location
Contact
Calle Principal Zona 1, San Juan la Laguna 07017 Guatemala
Get to know the area
Atitlan Lake, Day Tour from Guatemala City or Antigua - Group Tour
Luxury Tours

Atitlan Lake, Day Tour from Guatemala City or Antigua - Group Tour

3 reviews
The gem of Guatemala, Lake Atitlan is a crater lake surrounded by volcanoes and a living hub of Mayan cultures. Visiting on a day trip from Guatemala City simplifies transportation to this highland destination and lets you see the best of the lake in just a day—a difficult feat to accomplish on your own. This tour includes stops at top Lake Atitlan sites including the Maximon shrine and the busy town of Panajachel.
US$99.99 per adult
126Reviews2Q&A
Traveler rating
  • 103
  • 19
  • 2
  • 1
  • 1
Traveler type
Time of year
Language
  • More
Selected filters
  • Filter
  • English
Popular mentions
Nienke B wrote a review Sep 2020
Leiden, The Netherlands3 contributions1 helpful vote
This beautiful shop is a home for woman to do their labor with dedication and authenticity. For generations these woman are making the most fine products out of cotton. The passion for their job you can tell from the bright colors and creativity you find in the original hand-made products. They give you a class/demonstration about the whole process from the cotton to the product. By selling the products they support the woman in the village and by that way they protect the art of handmade clothes with natural products. I recommend this place for families, groups and couples. You can buy products (good souvenirs for people back home, or just for yourself) and you can ask for a demonstration were you pay for. I definitely go back if I get the chance.
Read more
Date of experience: February 2020
Helpful
Share
nativenm55 wrote a review Mar 2020
Las Cruces, New Mexico37 contributions12 helpful votes
This is a must visit for anyone visiting the Lake Atitlan area. The handmade and natural products available there are unique & excellent. The weaving demonstration by one of the women from the weaving cooperative is a must see and is excellently done in English. I highly recommend this cooperative for all these reasons and more.
Read more
Date of experience: November 2019
Helpful
Share
Ivor F wrote a review Feb 2020
1 contribution
The weaving demonstration was excellent. We were given a very clear explanation of the techniques, in excellent English. We saw the devotion to quality and authenticity throughout the process - taking raw cotton through to the stunning finished articles. My husband had been dreading it – and, if anything, ended up more enthusiastic than me. I wish they could get higher prices for their work.
Read more
Date of experience: February 2020
Helpful
Share
sim_hb wrote a review Feb 2020
Toronto, Canada36 contributions6 helpful votes
We had an amazing tour and demonstration with the women at the co-op. They have many beautiful items for sale. The women who participate in the co-op receive 80% of each item's price tag and the remaining 20% helps to run the co-op. Our tour guide spoke impeccable English and was very thorough in her demonstration. A must do in San Juan La Laguna!
Read more
Date of experience: January 2020
Helpful
Share
Plumbbob wrote a review Nov 2019
4 contributions
Demonstration on making thread from a cotton ball, dieing and setting colors, looming/weaving. Demo is in Spanish and translated to English. Demo is free and then you can see the showroom. After seeing what it takes to create a scarf for example, you realize that the items are very authentic and are a great value. Items are marked with very reasonable prices so you don't have to haggle. Small coffee bar and clean bathrooms.
Read more
Date of experience: November 2019
Helpful
Share
Previous
Frequently Asked Questions about Casa Flor Ixcaco