Select Date and Travelers
Low Price Guarantee
Benefit from a half-day street food tour in Penang that highlights a variety of popular dishes in Malaysia. Mingle with the locals as your guide takes you to several food hawker carts where you can sample treats like spiced pork rolls, fresh guava, or brown-sugar biscuits, accompanied by tropical fruit juices. Hear commentary about culinary influences from China and India, as well as commonly used herbs and spices.
- You'll start atPrangin Mall, Jalan Dr Lim Chwee LeongGeorgetown, 10450 George Town, Penang, MalaysiaAt the CIMB Bank just outside Prangin Mall. Our guide will be there waiting for you.See address & details
- 1New Lane Street FoodstallsStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Penang Road Famous Teochew ChendulStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Little India - PenangStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4EsplanadeStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atPrangin Mall, Jalan Dr Lim Chwee LeongGeorgetown, 10450 George Town, Penang, MalaysiaAt the CIMB Bank just outside Prangin Mall. Our guide will be there waiting for you.See address & details
- Includes ample food tastings from several vendors
- Try a range of foods from Malaysia's diverse culinary traditions
- Discover the street vendors and dishes that locals like the most
- Go to places that are difficult to find on your own
Prangin Mall, Jalan Dr Lim Chwee Leong, Georgetown, 10450 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please be advised that the meeting point is Parag'i'n mall. Not Parag'o'n mall
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The Penang food tour with Jesi and Baptiste was incredible. They were delightful and shared their love of Penang’s food with us. It was great to get out of the old City and try food in other parts of the town I wouldn’t have known about otherwise. Highly recommend.
Date of experience: March 2020
Kevin was a great host. We got to try lots of different local food we probably wouldn't have found on our own and it gave us a great introduction to Penang and its food scene! Make sure you go hungry!
Date of experience: March 2020
We were keen to go on a food tour in George Town as we had heard, that it was the food mecca of Malaysia. For foodies, arriving on a Friday afternoon during Chinese NY in George Town is not the best time as most of the places are closed either for prayers or for the ongoing…
Date of experience: January 2020
We booked this to help us get our heads around the food Mecca that is Penang. Junie and Kevin met us easily and really showed us two plus hours of Penang history, it’s good culture and most importantly where to go to get the best of the best from the street food vendors. …
Date of experience: November 2019
My wife and I did the food tour in Penang, with Kevin. It was a wonderful experience. Kevin took us to 5 different stops in Georgetown, each one as good or better than the last. The food was delicious and Kevin did a great job of explaining what it was and how it fit into the…
Date of experience: June 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Food Tour Penang
Fantastic morning market tour w/ HP
HP was fantastic, taking us around to various morning markets and food stalls to try the fantastic bounty of food a…
Food tour Penang
This is a must do when you go to Penang.Kevin our guide is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the local neighbo…
Amazing 5 Star Private Food Tour Guide & iPhone Photographer!
First time visiting Penang as a solo female and Vincent acted like a local friend who made me feel safe and happy. …
Fantastic food tour!
I always do a food tour in whichever country I am visiting and this is one of the best. Our guide Kevin was amazing…
A great way to see the real Penang
Neither of us had been to penang before and this gave us a great experience of the city. We were taken to places th…
Don't miss this in Penang
We travel a lot around Asia, but are always very wary of trying street food for risk of getting sick and ruining ou…
Fabulous food tour with Vincent!
We were picked up promptly at the cruise terminal by Vincent and had a wonderful tour, trying a lot of different fo…
So much food!
Had a great trip with Kevin last night. He drove us around in the comfort of his car. We had five different stops a…
If you do one thing in Penang, take a street food tour
What a trip! We deliberated about taking this trip for a couple of days but boy are we glad we did. We booked every…
Food tour with Kevin
The night food tour with Kevin is a fantastic way to sample Penang’s amazing food and discover why the city has ear…
Excellent Guide/Yummy Food
We did the brunch tour, and thoroughly enjoyed every dish we sampled. Vincent is an excellent guide whose love for …
Penang is well know of is street food
Price : Cheap Quality of Food : Great Quantity : Reasonable Choices : A lot Friendly : yes Parking : No issue
Brunch Tour - Nov 30 2019
My mum and I decided to book a brunch tour to acclimate ourselves to the area. Our guide was Junie and the tour its…
We had a great brunch food tour with Kevin, he took us to a lot of excellent food stalls and educated us on great d…
A fantastic guide to Malaysia’s food capital
Kevin was a fantastic host, leading us around some of Penang’s very best eateries. Personal favourites were the ass…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour?
Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour price starts from ₱2,991.99. Discover and book Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour cancellation policy?
Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour?
Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour is hosted by Food Tour Penang. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Food Tour Penang on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Eat Like A Local: Penang Street Food Tour on Tripadvisor