Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
No visit, no vacation to Crete is complete without crossing the Samaria Gorge. Samaria Gorge was acknowledged in 2010 as one of the wildest, most virgin and unique natural parks in the world and was included in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR) of UNESCO. Highlights of Samaria Gorge hiking Extraordinary rock formations, Indigenous rare plants, flower and bird species, Rough downward ground, Impressive and primitive view, Exquisite landscape that has been under no human intervention, Unique sensation of awe and infinite wonder for the untouched grandeur will always be engraved on our memory.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Samaria Gorge National ParkStop: 14 hours - Admission excludedOur adventure starts very early in the morning since the gorge is situated on the western side of the island. Our first stop is in the vicinity of Rethimnon. We have the chance to get our breakfast before moving on to Omalos Plateau. The walk starts from Xiloskalo. At the entrance of the gorge we enter this vast canyon of 18 klm that is considered to be the longest in Europe. Canyon width varies from 2 to 40 meters and a depth of 250-600 meters. We usually need 6-7 hours to cross the rocky gorge down to the shore. The path follows the route of Taras, a river with gurgling lucid water. It gave its name to the ancient town which was located at the end of the gorge. On the way we can get a glimpse of the caves that formed a natural shelter for the Cretans. In war times and now they are the natural habitat of the well-known wild goats, or kri-kri as they are also called. Halfway we come across the village of Santa Maria, which was abandoned by its last inhabitants in 1962. The amazingly wild and unspoiled scenery, as well as the vegetation that we come in view of during hiking, is unequalled in relation to those in other places on Crete. Three kilometers prior to our exiting this majestic gorge, we reach the Iron Gates (Sideroportes), the narrowest spot of the route, just a few meters wide, but 300 meters high – an amazing contradiction that can cause nothing but awe. A bit later we arrive in the small fishing village of Agia Roumeli, where we have quite a long time to lunch and get a refreshing swim in the deep blue, crystal clear waters of the Libyan Sea, before boarding the ship that leads us back along the coast to the village of Sfakia, where we catch the bus for the return trip. On the way back we have the chance to admire Imbros Gorge, as well as the villages of Askifou and Vrisses. An excursion for those who feel adventurous and are pretty fit. A tip for the ones who join in: good hiking shoes, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, an extra pair of socks, swimsuit and a light jacket for the evening hours are essential.Read more
- Professional and multilingual speaking guide
- Transfers with air-conditioned luxurious buses
- Free pick up service from any place between Malia – Agia Pelagia
- Entrance to the Samaria Gorge (5.00€)
- Boat ticket to Agia Roumeli – Sfakia (adult 11.00€, child 6,00€)
- Tips and Individual expenses
- Entry/Admission - Samaria Gorge National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: -ANY DESTINATION
we went in this trip through our tui rep paid €40 each for 12 of us 1 there was no singing dancing from crew ..…
Mount Kynthos, at 370 feet, is the Delos island's highest point
One of the key reasons to see the Delos Excavation. However, only one of the Iions is an original. However, some of…
Excellent choice for dining in Parga. Seafood is their speciality. Service is excellent. The food tasty and well co…
Great variety of food and drink
We had a nice time on this tour. the guide was prompt and knowledgeable. The sites selected were all good quality f…
Knowledgable guide but could have given more information about where to meet tour operator. Old port Mykonos was no…
boat cruise, not sailing cruise
Unfortunately, the "sailing cruise" is only by a name. The skipper does not put sails on even in a good wind. We we…
Take sunscreen and water
This is fairly well organised although you do have to pay an extra 20 euros for a one way pick up ( along with ano…
A long day with best sights on land
We were picked up near our hotel at 6:45 am and returned to same location at 10:00 pm--a somewhat longer day than w…
Chryssi is well worth a visit, however the sand is comprised or lots of small pebbles. Some are quite sharp and can…
An amazing food and wine experience in Lisbon
I joined the food and wine tour after doing a morning walking tour with the same company (Inside Lisbon). I loved a…
- Duration: 14h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Dutch, French, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from PHP 8,579.50*
Popular: Booked by 176 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Samaria Gorge Excursion TR
What time does Samaria Gorge Excursion TR start?
Samaria Gorge Excursion TR will start at 6:00 AM. Discover and book Samaria Gorge Excursion TR on Tripadvisor
How much is Samaria Gorge Excursion TR?
Samaria Gorge Excursion TR price starts from ₱3,611.62. Discover and book Samaria Gorge Excursion TR on Tripadvisor
What is the Samaria Gorge Excursion TR cancellation policy?
Samaria Gorge Excursion TR cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Samaria Gorge Excursion TR on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Samaria Gorge Excursion TR?
Samaria Gorge Excursion TR is hosted by -ANY DESTINATION. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact -ANY DESTINATION on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Samaria Gorge Excursion TR on Tripadvisor