View all photos (113)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
For an off-the-beaten path adventure in Yellowstone National Park, don't miss this beginner-friendly kayaking tour, where you visit geothermal features only accessible by water. After reviewing kayaking basics, you can paddle in one of Yellowstone's lakes, learn about park history, and visit the remote Potts Geyser Basin. With all equipment and a beach lunch included, this kayak adventure is a near-perfect way to see another side of Yellowstone.
- Kayak in Yellowstone National Park on a beginner-friendly outdoor adventure
- Explore the West Thumb Geyser Basin shoreline, with a guide to lead the way
- First-time kayakers get an introduction to paddling skills, from your guide
- Get a great value with a guide, kayaking equipment, and lunch—all included
Grant Marina Road, Grant Marina Rd, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guides will provide an introduction to Yellowstone's history and geology of the Lake, along with the kayaking equipment and techniques.
- All necessary equipment and instruction.
- Guide Gratuities are not included but greatly appreciated.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children 12 and under must paddle in a tandem kayak with an adult. If booking with children, you must choose the tandem kayak option. This is the rate per kayak, for 2 people.
- If you wish to have single kayaks (not available for children under 13), the rate is per person.
- Please advise any dietary requirements in the Special Requirements field at checkout. Vegetarian and gluten free lunches are available if you let us know.
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as it is usually colder in Yellowstone than you are expecting. Keep in mind that while kayaking, you will get wet. The weather in Yellowstone can vary greatly, and change quickly. Typically the days are sunny with temps in the upper 60's to low 80's, however it does get cold at night and early morning. Afternoon showers and passing thunderstorms are always possible in the mountains. We plan to go in rain or sunshine. We will provide all the necessary kayaking equipment. You should arrive dressed according to the weather, keeping in mind that while you wont ever be submerged in the water, you will get wet. Therefore dressing in layers is always best, with shorts or wind pants made of synthetic quick drying material, and shoes that you dont mind getting wet. Having a rain or wind jacket, extra layers, and/or a change of warm dry clothes for after the trip ends, is also a good idea. Guide gratuities are always appreciated, but never expected. If you have any questions any time, please dont hesitate to ask.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We did a full day kayak and I am so glad. I almost chose the sunset paddle that wouldn’t go past the tourist boardwalk area of West Thumb Geyser Basin. What made this trip worth it to me is going past the people to the beautiful spots just beyond, getting to feel the difference…
Relaxing paddle along Yellowstone Lake from Grant Marina to the Geyser Basin. Unique view of the geysers, their run-off, and rock formations. Our guide very knowledgable about the geology along the basin and underwater vents. We stopped for lunch along a beach where we…
Date of experience: September 2019
We followed the edge of the lake, which has a very diverse set of features as you go. There is wildlife (we were fortunate to see a few eagles!). There are underwater bubbling springs that you kayak over. And there are geysers at the midpoint of the trip before turning…
Date of experience: February 2019
The trip was perfect. The people were really friendly and knowledgeable about Yellowstone. They served all dietary needs amazingly. They even helped us reschedule when it was raining and worked with us to ensure the best experience. If you go to yellowstone and want to kayak…
Date of experience: September 2019
This tour is an excellent way to see the West Thumb geysers from a different view, one that isn't possible from the boardwalks. The length and distance that we travelled was just right for a couple of middle-aged folks in decent shape. We took this trip and booked this activity…
Date of experience: August 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Yellowstone Geyser Kayak Tours
The guides were very patient and knowledgeable. We visited in June 2019 and it was chilly. We did the tour the day …
Great once in a lifetime adventure!
Chris and Zaron were wonderful and knowledgable hosts. They told us interesting facts and entertained us during the…
Best part of our trip!
Guides Nicholas and Faren knew so much in depth accurate information that we all learned so much. This is our 3 rd…
I had little experience with kayaking and the guides, Matt and Jonathan, were great! They were very friendly, knowl…
We went on a sunset kayak tour with BRIAN and it was awesome. He was a great guide with an abundance of knowledge. …
yellowstone lake kayaking
a great way to get up close to geysers, our guides were very knowledgeable, didn't get to see any big wildlife, but…
Yellowstone by Kayak
This was a highlight of our trip. I’ve only been in a kayak once before. We did tandem kayaks, and was easy. We did…
Great Family Experience
Had a great time on the Sunset tour. Guides were knowledgable and laid back. Highly recommend this tour for famil…
Geyser Kayak Tour
This was great! The guides were very organized, lunch was filling and good, and the information the guides gave u…
Did the day Tour before we walk amongst any geyser
Our Guide Jonathon was very informative and prepared ourselves with knowledge about Geysers and surrounding area wh…
Seeing the geysers from the lake side is a unique experience. Overall the tour was good, however for my family of f…
Great evening paddle
Sunset paddle was great. Informative and friendly guides made this a pleasurable tour with great scenery
great serene place. Overall experience was great! The guides were terrific! A must if you go to Grant lodge. The la…
The best experience with the sunset tour
I wanted to thank Geyser Kayak Geyser team, especially Jonathan for an amazing experience with the sunset kayak tri…
Sunset Kayak Tour
Great experience! The booking process was easy. Considering we were a group of ten with different ranges of kayakin…
- Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone Geyser Kayak Tours
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452