Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (163)
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Eat your way through Savannah on a small-group history and culinary tour limited to 14 people for a more personal experience. With your guide, pop into several restaurants and food stores that specialize in authentic Southern classics, and sample food while picking up bits of Savannah history along the way. After your tour, get a map of your food route, so you can go back to the places you liked during your visit.
- Historical and culinary tour of Savannah showcases the city’s best assets
- Sample classic dishes from several eateries—with enough for lunch
- Pick up stories and trivia from Savannah’s past along the way
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people for a personal experience
What to Expect
Meet your guide at a central location in Savannah. Begin walking through the city’s famous squares and along its scenic waterfront en route to several restaurants serving up authentic Southern cuisine such as shrimp and grits and pork belly donut sliders. Taste enough samples to qualify as a filling lunch. Along the way, learn about Savannah’s distinct culture and long history as Georgia’s first colony from your guide and walk past some of the city’s main attractions. This Savannah food tour is conducted at a leisurely pace and includes two rest breaks. Conclude your tour at the City Market. Please Note: Advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements section when booking.
14 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Andaz Savannah - a concept by Hyatt, 14 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- 3-Hour Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour
- Professional/Local Guide
- Food Tastings from 6 Popular Savannah Eateries
- Learn about the food, restaurants, history, and culture that help shape the Hostess City’s palate
- Locations include award-winning honey store & Scottish pub featuring the food of Savannah’s settlers
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage Sampling Included
- Map of Food Tour Route
- Additional Drinks (available for purchase)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please include your contact phone number at checkout, used only in case the Tour Guide needs to contact you
- Please advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the special requirements section of the booking page
- Vegetarian options are available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- May not be appropriate for all children; please exercise discretion as this tour requires standing, walking, and listening to history/stories for 3 hours
- Tastings are the equivalent of a lunch portion; eating breakfast before taking the tour is advised
- Alcoholic beverages must be in a plastic or Styrofoam cup and only one alcoholic beverage is allowed at a time; failure to comply can result in a fine by Savannah Police
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- If you are traveling with infant, please advise at the time of booking under special requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
The selection of food and city culture made this the perfect start to our trip. Our guide, Garrett, was very enthusiastic and informative. We went on to check out a few other restaurants he recommended. They were all lovely. It was a must-do in the city as it allowed one to…
This tour was amazing! Definitely beyond happy with our decision to book it. The food was outstanding and definitely enough for a very filling lunch! Loved the history we got and the guides were great and very knowledgeable. You stopped enough along the way so it wasn’t a hard…
1 Helpful vote
Cindy was great. Very informative and nice. She knew a lot about local history and a wonderful delivery.
Thank you Cindy! Your knowledge of Savannah was just amazing. Plenty of food! So much so that I passed on one of the offerings I will recommend this tour to anyone I know heading to Savannah
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours
Best way to experience the city!
This walking/food tour was fantastic! Our guide was so knowledgeable about the city so we felt like we got a food t…
Awesome and unexpected way to visit Savannah!
We had a fantastic guide and discovered some very off the beaten path restaurants and tastes, surprisingly from aro…
All the best bites!
Would HIGHLY recommend this food tour when visiting Savannah! We visited for our babymoon during covid times and we…
It was a great experience with delicious food and lots of interesting information about Savannah. Our tour guides w…
Off the beaten path, this neighbourhood tour provides a different view of Savannah. A couple of smaller local plac…
A Fun Afternoon
Cindy was a wonderful guide! We enjoyed the history of the squares and tasting foods at places we had never been. …
Highlight of our trip!
This is a must do when visiting Savannah! We weren't able to make it work until the end of the trip, but definitely…
Just ok overall
My husband & I found this tour to be good but not great. It started with honey tasting store and ended with a scoop…
First Squares Food Tour
We enjoyed this food tour. However, it could have been better. Our first food stop was where you actually meet the …
A foody tour through Savannah.
My wife and I spent the day doing the Savannah Taste Experience Food Tour the past week while spending the day in t…
Need new restaurants
Poor choice of restaurants, 2 I would drop. Good guide though. Felt rushed at each stop. Tastes were small samples.
Wonderful walking tour!
This was so much fun -- way beyond my expectations. Great guide (Lisa), and fabulous stops along the way. A coupl…
my husband and i love to do food tours in cities we visit. we went on this tour, in the pouring rain, with thunder…
Good food along with some interesting Savannah History
Great tour. Very good sea food experience. We ate shrimp, crab cake, oyster and hush puppy. Also delicious pulled p…
Savannah Taste Experience
The food was great and our tour guide Garrett was wonderful I would highly recommend experiencing the city this way…
- Savannah Historic District, Oglethorpe Square, and 2 more
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 2,486 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 748 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Culinary & Gourmet Tour
Popular: Booked by 2,486 travelers!