View all photos (16)
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Boston is best seen by land and water, and this duck tour takes you from Boston Common to the Charles River on a single excursion, all while riding in a rolling, floating piece of American military history. Traveling by vintage, World War II amphibious vehicle, see beloved Boston neighborhoods from city streets and the river, avoiding the hassle and expense of navigating public transit or finding scarce Boston parking.
You’ll have 3 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Charles RiverStop: 20 minutes -Enjoy a 20-minute Splash down Boston's Charles River.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Combine a Boston sightseeing tour and Charles River cruise in one excursion
- Explore in an amphibious vehicle that can go land-to-water
- Get an overview of top Boston areas while someone else navigates
- Save on expensive parking and taxis
- Convenient pickup locations in key spots around Boston
- All foreign language tours depart from 53 Huntington Ave and Museum of Science.
What to Expect
Make your way to one of three central locations for departure. Climb into the amphibious vehicle, and then set out overland for a tour of Boston highlights. Roll from the historic State House in Beacon Hill to Boston Common, Copley Square, Newbury Street, and Quincy Market, also known as the Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Those are the big names, but there is a lot to see along the way, and the guide points out the most interesting landmarks and share stories from Boston history. You also see TD Garden, home of the Boston Celtics, and Bunker Hill, site of a key Revolutionary War-era battle. Roll to the edge of the Charles River, then continue into the water to see Boston and Cambridge from the river. The tour wraps up at the original departure point, where you are walking distance from some of Boston’s top attractions. Bonus: enjoy free tickets to other top Boston experiences including a free weekday tour of Harvard University, free weekday tour of MIT, and a free Tea Tasting at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. Important note: Multi-lingual Audio Guides available from Prudential Center and Museum of Science departures only.
Museum of Science, 1 Museum Of Science Driveway, Boston, MA 02114, USA New England Aquarium, 1 Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA 53 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02199, USA
Returns to original departure point
- 80-minute Duck Boat Tour of Boston
- Narrated tour of Boston with your own personal ConDUCKtor
- 20-minute boat ride along the Charles River
- Multi-lingual Audio Guides available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Japanese, and Chinese from the Prudential Center and Museum of Science departure locations.
- Bonus: purchase includes a free weekday tour of Harvard University, free weekday tour of MIT, and a free Tea Tasting at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
- See top Boston areas such as Fenway Park, Faneuil Hall, Copley Plaza, and more!
- Entry/Admission - Boston Duck Tours
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Entry/Admission - Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After purchasing, you must follow instructions on voucher and reserve your seat/time as tours sell out regularly in advance.
- Multi-lingual Audio Guides available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Japanese, and Chinese from the Prudential Center and Museum of Science departure locations only.
- Bonus: purchase includes a free weekday tour of Harvard University, free weekday tour of MIT, and a free Tea Tasting at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. Redemption instructions located on voucher.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Free weekday tours of Harvard/MIT, and free Tea Tastings at the Boston tea Party Museum must be redeemed on the same date of travel as your Duck Boat Tour.
- Admission to the Boston Tea Party Museum is not included with your free tea tasting.
- Accessibility: We have wheelchair accessible DUCKS from our Prudential Center and Museum of Science departure locations.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Boston Duck Tours
I grew up around here and always the tours were for tourist. Visiting with family we all took the tour and it was…
Relaxing in the hustle and bustle
Everyone enjoyed kicking their feet up while cruising the sights by land and by water. The driver even had the…
A Girl, a Boy and their Dog
My boyfriend and I went on the duck tour on Halloween day. It was very interesting and a cool way to be able to…
Boston boats on land AND water!!
The story behind the "Duck Boats" is fascinating. They were invented to fight on both land and water in WWII, and…
For the kid with you or in you, you just can't beat the Boston Duck Tours!
Providing an impressively diverse perspective of Boston (from land and "sea"), the Duck Tours offer an intriguing…
We were not able to go in the water because of ice in the river but the tour was still enjoyable and very…
New York City, New York8850
We enjoyed the ride and my kids loved being on the steering wheel of the duck boat while we were in the Charles…
Really a great way to see a lot of Boston quickly in a short amount of time. Learned a ton about the city. Duck…
Definitely worth doing
This is a must, a great way to see and also learn about the history of Boston. Our guide was great and so funny,…
Cohoes, New York638
Post thanksgiving trip with family
Had a great time even thought it was cold. Driver supper funny and knowledgeable. Was great with not adults and…
- Duration: 1h 20m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452