Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favorite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (28)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travelers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Take in great views of Santa Barbara and get a bit of exercise in the process with this kayaking adventure. You'll start with a safety and paddling demonstration from your guide, followed by a trip out through the harbor. You may even spot seals, sea lions, and marine birds along the way.
- Get great views of Santa Barbara with this kayaking tour
- A local guide will escort you along the Santa Barbara coast
- Paddling instruction will be provided before you launch
- All safety equipment, including wetsuits, will be provided
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All associated kayaking gear (wet suit, PFD, helmet, paddle, etc.
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion of natural history/marine ecology
- Spectacular views of Santa Barbara
- Personal expenses
- Parking is $2.00 per hour, maximum $12.00 per car.
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- Although we offer dry bags to help keep gear dry, everything that comes on the kayaking trip runs the risk of getting wet. We therefore recommend that you only bring personal gear that can get wet or damp during the trip. Items that must stay dry such as cameras or other electronic devices, change of clothes or personal belongings should stay in your vehicle.
- What you will need:
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A hat with a brim.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- 1-quart (or greater) water bottle filled with water - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle.
- Wet shoes such as "Tevas" or "Aqua Socks" or an old pair of tennies.
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- A beach towel
- Waterproof camera (recyclable).(optional)
- Polyester shirt or other synthetic clothing (layering). (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This was the first time kayaking for us. Aubrey was a great guide, very knowledgeable and a good instructor. It was about 60 degrees so we wore wet suits which made the trip comfortable. Once we left the harbor, the water was a bit rough and challenging.
Date of experience: December 2019
So much fun!! Our guide was wonderful. We could tell that he was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, the island itself, and even with reading the water. We were tempted at first to rent our own kayaks since it's a bit cheaper, but we're so glad we took the tour. We've…
Date of experience: September 2019
I had the opportunity to finally go camping on Santa Cruz Island. It was beautiful! The island offers a rustic beauty, expansive sunsets, endemic species like island foxes that get so close to you!, plenty of hiking, snorkeling, and sea cave kayaking with Santa Barbara Adventure…
Date of experience: October 2019
Our guide Elise was very personable and informative. She was also very aware of the other kayakers different abilities and made sure everyone felt comfortable and were able to accomplish all their goals for the day. We would recommend this company to everyone!
My boyfriend, Paul, & I had an AMAZING experience kayaking with Spencer as our tour guide on 09/21/19. We wanted to celebrate Paul's birthday out in the island, and the trip was definitely one for the book! Spencer was adventurous, knowledgeable, and definitively courteous for…
Date of experience: September 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Prisoner’s Harbor Kayak Tour
Our entire experience was awesome - from Ventura check-in to the boat ride to the island (lots of dolphins) to our …
Peaceful Kayaking in the Harbor
This was an easy and informative two-hour paddle in the harbor. Our guide, Caco, was excellent. He knew a lot abo…
Hugely enjoyed our wine tour with Matt!
We took the wine tour between Xmas and New Years. The weather was terrific and our guide Matt — an artist, young fa…
Sea Kayaking --wonderful day exploring Channel Islands
My daughter and I had a grand adventure with the sea kayaking tour of Santa Cruz Island. Our guide was knowledgeabl…
Great guides and a top notch operation
A friend and I went on the Adventure Sea Cave Tour on Santa Cruz Island. It was an excellent experience with a ver…
friendly and knowledgable guide
We loved talking to our enthusiastic guide, and we took photos of some wildlife. We would have liked to have seen …
Great way to explore the Channel Islands
The kayak tour on the Channel islands was great. the tour guide was very good. The company should pay the guides …
Awesome surf lesson
We were visiting Santa Barbara from the UK with our 7 and 8 year old children. We had a surf lesson with Marc and e…
Extraordinary experience inside the cave and outside with the whales, dolphins,seal and all sea life
Adventure Sea Cave Kayak Tour - Santa Cruz Island
We had the best time on this tour! Our guide Spencer was so helpful and knowledgable! This was such a unique, amazi…
great trip kayaking at Santa Cruz island Scorpion anchorage
Everything was very well organized from check in, through safety, actual kayaking, and finishing up. Very enjoyabl…
Our experience was great with the Adventure Company. Easy to book and very helpful when we continued to call for di…
Santa Cruz/Scorpion Harbor Sea Cave Kayaking Tour
Great trip, great guide. Went with my 10-year old son and we explored the coast and into several sea caves. We di…
Adventure Sea Cave Kayak Tour
Best day trip I have had in a long time. On the ferry ride out, the boat was stopped and wildlife was pointed out a…
Santa Cruz/Scorpion Harbor Sea Cave Kayak Tour
If you decide to go to Scorpion Harbor to do the Sea Caves - ask for SPENCER! My 81 yo Dad and I went on the sea…
- Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara Harbor
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452