View all photos (41)
Select Date and Travelers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Get a new perspective on the gorgeous La Jolla coastline on a sea caves kayak tour. No gear or experience is needed to paddle along the coast with a guide, exploring sea caves and rock formations while looking for marine life such as sea lions, dolphins, and even orcas.
- Kayak along the rocky coastline and sea caves of La Jolla
- Explore one of San Diego's most scenic shorelines
- Kayak lesson and all equipment provided and no experience needed
- Good chance of sighting California marine life in the wild
What to Expect
Meet your guide in central La Jolla before your scheduled departure. Begin with a lesson on paddling techniques and safety. Tandem or single kayaks can be selected at checkout. Push off from the beach at La Jolla Shores and paddle along the rocky coastline, considered one of the most beautiful in Southern California. Follow your guide to the La Jolla Sea Caves, where you get up-close views of interesting rock formations and even paddle inside the caves (if conditions allow). As you navigate above giant sea kelp forests, keep an eye out for local marine life including seabirds, seals, sea lions, and even dolphins and orca whales. Prepare to get wet during an exciting “surf ride” on the waves to get back to shore at the end of the tour.
2222 Avenida De La Playa, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Kayaks (single or tandems) and Paddle
- Life jacket
- Professional guide
- Wet suit rentals are offered during fall, winter and spring
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- PLEASE BE IN THE KAYAK SHOP 1 HOUR BEFORE TOUR START TIME, Allow time for parking and gear set up
- Expect to get wet, please wear appropriate clothes such as a bathing suit and shoes that can get wet (tennis shoes, 'river shoes' or flip flops)
- Hats, sun screen and towels are strongly advised
- Please do not bring valuables and things that cannot get wet
- There is a weight limit of 250 pounds per single kayak and 450 pounds per double kayak
- For safety reasons, the tour operator does not guarantee going into the caves on tours. Entrance to caves is based on ocean conditions, safety, and participants ability as determined by guide.
- Minimum age is 6 years for a double kayak and 16 years for a single kayak
- All participants must be able to swim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Hike Bike Kayak San Diego
So happy we took an amazing tour with fun facts along the way ! I enjoyed every second of the tour must do…
Sea, sun & fun
My husband and I had a great time on our tour with Connor & Janey, lots of fun facts and good humor! We saw a…
Great time on the water
Claire was awesome- it’s a great time with teenage boys. Saw a harbor seal and dolphins up close. Thank you.
Great guides and a lot of fun!
Had a wonderful time! The guides Thompson and Taylor were great from the beginning. No problem getting our gear…
Tour probably should have been canceled because the ocean was a little angry & we could not see caves or any…
La Jolla Sea Cave kayak tour!!
I can’t say enough good things about this experience! We were blessed with beautiful weather and got to kayak…
Super fun activity to tour La Jolla
If your looking for something active & fun to do while in La Jolla look no further! Omar our guide was very…
Nice guides and a pleasant morning on the water!
This was very nice. We got the go into the caves briefly. Saw nice locals..like Giribaldi fish and seas lions.…
Kayak Tour a water bust
Presented on their website as an amazing excursion with the highlight kayaking through the sea caves at the base…
We signed up with Hike, Bike, Kayak because of the good reviews that they had. We showed up at the shop and a…
- La Jolla Caves, La Jolla Shores Park, and 2 more
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071