View all photos (21)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This day of adventure on Perito Moreno Glacier includes all hiking equipment, such as crampons and ice axes, items you aren't likely to bring in your carry-on. An ambitious undertaking, a hike across the jagged landscape is inadvisable without a guide; yours will ensure your comfort and safety while teaching you about the glacier's ecology, geology, and wildlife.
- Expertise of a guide makes for a safe, comfortable trek on Perito Moreno
- All specialized glacier hiking equipment included, no need to pack your ice ax
- Round-trip transportation makes for a seamless experience
- Gain in-depth knowledge about glacial formation through commentary
What to Expect
Dress warmly with trekking boots and a packed lunch. Meet your guide in your hotel lobby for convenient transportation to the Bajo de las Sombras port for a boat ride to the glacier. Once you arrive, get kitted out with all the glacier-hiking equipment you would need: crampons, ice axes, and the like. Your guides will fill you in on the safety considerations and general methods for safe glacier hiking before you take off. Follow your leaders along the Rico Arm for a 90-minute trek across Perito Moreno, accompanied by engaging commentary on the formation and history of the glacier. At the end of the hike, find a scenic spot for a packed-lunch picnic and then continue through the forest to the spot where your bus will pick you up. The day's last stop is at the best lookout point for views and photos of the glacier you just conquered before heading back to your El Calafate hotel.
El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
Returns to original departure point
- Guided minitrek across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- All necessary equipment
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (you must bring your own)
- National park entrance fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 10
- Maximum age is 50 due to age restrictions on the operator's insurance
- Sports shoes or trekking boots and warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- You must bring your own lunch
- MUST provide passport number and date of birth in the special requirements fields when booking this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that this excursion requires full day availability and cannot be combined with transfers to the airports at the same day
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
I have never written a negative review and I am guilty of not reviewing much in general but this experience has made me so upset and I want to warn others. I booked my tour through Trip Advisor with Gray Line Argentina weeks ago. After seeing the previous post by Jamie Scott I…
Date of experience: December 2019
I booked with Gray Line Argentina November via Trip Advisor 3 days before the tour. I sent my passport number and hotel details and got a confirmation that they would pick us up at 7:30am. On the day day of the tour they DIDN’T PICK US UP and after 90 minutes of trying to call…
Read 31 more reviews on Viator
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Gray Line Argentina
Fun day and great views!
Fun day! The hike was fun and once we were at the top the views were amazing. It was a long drive from El Calafet…
Big Ice trek was one of the most amazing glacier experiences I have ever had. The service provided was excellent by…
Small hotel in National Park of Glaciares
Simple (and few)accommodations with meals; horseback riding, walks, and excursions (perito Moreno glacier) etc. Nic…
Instant Confirmation? - Totally Misleading Information!
We booked, paid for and received “instant confirmation” for Grey Line Argentina’s Walk With The Penguins tour, yet …
Perito Moreno glacier with boat trip - Grey line Argentina
We booked this trip 2 days before departure from Chile, All confirmed and paid. No mention that we had to reconfirm…
Perito Moreno Glacier Tour with Boat Ride- by Viator
Do not use Viator, find another agent. Did not pick us up despite the confirmation & full payment 2 days before. Yo…
This tour is actually operates by helio y adventura, their page has a much more detailed description of what you’re…
Big Ice Trekking Perito Moreno
The tour is expensive, but worth the money. All guides were really nice, took care and provided all necessary infor…
DO NOT BUY DAY BEFORE
Posting does not state that 48 hours is required for company "to confirm". Called after booking day prior to excurs…
It was wonderful and great views, excellent Guide, excellent organisation, just in time. We enjoyed very much!
Great small group tour, great views of glacier - excellent guide.
When I arrived at my hotel, the details of my trip were waiting for me (in an envelope). The mini bus picked me up …
Awesome view, but need more facilities
The glacier did not disappoint, but the way there was difficult for my senior citizen friends. The bus ride was too…
Extreme overcharge!! Dont book through here.
Perito Moreno is a worthwhile experience, but the prices here are outrageous. I paid 160 dollars for two persons. E…
Perito Moreno Glacier.
The Glacier was stunning! Only things is that the tour guide showed up half an hour late, the tour was mostly in S…
Good travel agency with nice and friendly guide. Everything was perfect and the rates are reasonable
- Perito Moreno National Park, Gray Line Argentina
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452