Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Small groups no more than 8 people lead by Naturalist Local Guide from Arenal. Best way to enjoy the Arenal Volcano.
- You'll start atMirador el SilencioOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mirador El SilencioStop: 2 hoursArenal Volcano Reserve Guided Hike The El silencio Park and other reserves along the border of the National Park are one of the most visited places in all of Central America. The trails in Arenal National Park and other nearby Arenal Reserves are generally flat and not very strenuous -- perfect for a leisurely and informative hike with one of our professional nature guides. We’ll start the tour off by picking you up at your hotel and driving to the entrance of the Arenal National Park (morning) or 1968 Trail in afternoon. You can use the facilities and read up on the history of the area before your guided walk. Then we’ll hike through well-groomed, easy trails that skirt the base of the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal Area. This part of the Arenal Volcano had sections that were devastated by the lava flow of 1968, so some areas have very little vegetation. If you are interested, you may ask your guide to show you the dried lava flow from a smaller eruption that happened in 1992. This Trail provides perfect photo opportunities and magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato. We have chosen the appropriate trails for each tour time for better wildlife viewing. There are parts of each trail that has forested areas where your nature guide will try to spot birds, monkeys and other animals in their natural habitat. Kids, families and all nature lovers enjoy this Arenal Volcano tour for the gorgeous views and opportunities for wildlife viewing.Read more
- You'll end atMirador el Silencio142, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa RicaMirador el SilencioSee address & details
Mirador el Silencio, 142, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Naturalist Guide
- Tropical Fruits
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Arenal Expeditions
Angelo is an expert!
We booked our entire Costa Rican vacation to the Arenal area through Angelo! He was amazing!!! He drove us everywhe…
Private Expedition for 9 days
We had a wonderful 9-day adventure in Costa Rica after Christmas 2018. Angelo from Arenal Expeditions was our priv…
Great birding day.
I went to la Fortuna- Arenal and spent a whole morning with Angelo and friends for birding and he was awesome, besi…
Very informative half day tour, Angelo our guide was a very friendly and passionate about his job. Definitely worth…
Baja del toro
We booked this tour with Angelo.he is the only person in La Fortuna that does this tour. The waterfall is the bigge…
After some research, I finally contacted Arenal Expeditions to inquire about tours. Angelo promptly responded and g…
Excellenct Private Tour - Arenal Expeditions
We always try to use local tour guides if at all possible. Angelo was on time and provided exactly what we had arra…
Angelo took us on a private tour with our group. He was informative and fun. He was also able to help us arrange fo…
After much research I finally came across Arenal Expeditions. I didn't want a big corporate tour company I wanted a…
Angelo is amazing. Use Arenal Expeditions
Let me start by saying my friend and I are very experienced picky travelers and I use trip advisor recommendations …
Angelo deserves all the good reviews he is getting
We had a wonderful time on our bespoke tour of the La Fortuna area. We went where we had planned and the day flowed…
A wonderful hike up to the beginning of two rivers junction where you can actually see the color change happen. For…
Dr Prem J00
Arenal has special place in my heart as it has amazing history, story and mesmerising geographic beauty. I wanted t…
Mistico Hanging bridges
I had the pleasure to go with Angelo to the Mistic hanging bridges and absolutely loved it! It felt like haning out…
Costa Rica tours
Angelo was amazing. Definietly recomend booking tours with him. He takes time to answer all your questions and also…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from PHP 1,927.90*
Popular: Booked by 165 travelers!
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides
How much is Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides?
Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides price starts from ₱3,191.78. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides on Tripadvisor
What is the Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides cancellation policy?
Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides?
Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides is hosted by Arenal Expeditions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Arenal Expeditions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Tour By Local Guides on Tripadvisor