During the hike, it is possible to see a great variety the area’s characteristic flora and fauna, as well as sites of interest like the impact craters and on to the Lava slides of 1992, a large accumulation of solidified volcanic material ejected from the crater of this might colossus, during the very active period of that year. On clear days, you will enjoy incredible views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, the Tilarán and mountain range.
Our nature guide will provide you with important and interesting information about the main characteristics of the volcano, which has been active since 1968 and many more details about all of the things you will encounter along the trail.
As an alternative, you can purchase an entrance tickets with us to any of the different hot springs, according to your preference. We will drop you off there after the tour, so you can relax and we will pick you up a couple of hours later to take you back to your hotel.
- Visit areas were once devastated by the fury of volcano
- Impact craters
- Lava slides of 1992, a large accumulation of solidified volcanic material
- Incredible views of Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake & Tilarán mountain range.
- Complete explanation of history, active cycles and geological formation of Arenal Volcano.
- Upon request, visit the hot springs of your choice with lunch or dinner for an extra