Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Admire water town culture and view, on-boat acrobatic show and Kung Fu show within one day. Spend less time and money, get more interesting experience!
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Wuzhen Water TownStop: 3 hours - Admission includedOne day prior to the tour, your tour guide will call you or send you an email to confirm the place where you will meet for the tour. It takes around 2 hours to go to the east part of Wuzhen water town from Shanghai by car, so it is recommended to depart for Wuzhen at 8:30am. You will watch an acrobatic show on a boat when you arrive at Wuzhen. An acrobat climbs to the top of a high bamboo post and do some acrobatic actions. The bamboo is shaking and the boat is shaking and your heart might be also shaking. After the breath-taking acrobatic show, it is time to admire some artworks. Over 20 ancient beds are collected in the Ancient Bed Museum in Wuzhen. The wood carvings on these beds are flowers, trees and the scene of some old stories. It is said that a carpenter spent 3 years working on the wood carvings on the most precious bed in the museum. Continue to soak up the atmosphere of local culture in the Folk Custom Museum, where you can learn how weddings, birthday parties and funerals were held in ancient times. Delicacy is also a part of culture. You tour guide will find you a local restaurant for lunch, where you will both know more about the local culture and taste delicious food. With a history of over 1,000 years, the Hongyuantai Dye House, your first destination for the afternoon’s tour, is almost as old as Wuzhen water town. You will see the process of dyeing a cloth in ancient times. The blue flower-printed clothes in the dye house are good souvenirs for your family or friends (No compulsive buys). Wood carving is not only used to decorate beds but also other parts inside an ancient house. Your next destination Wood Carving Museum was an owned by a rich merchant in ancient times. The wood carvings were used to decorate every part of the house, such as doors, chairs, windows and tables. Compared to the carvings on beds, carvings on other furniture are larger and more complicated. Chinese Kung Fu plays a role of farewell show for this tour. Most Kung Fu moves for this show were developed from the Kung Fu of Shaolin Temple. You can admire authentic Shaolin Kung Fu without going to Shaolin Temple. Your tour guide will accompanied you to the place where you stay in Shanghai after the tour.Read more
- Necessary transfers during the tour
- A local private English-speaking guide
- A private air-conditioned car or van, according to the size of your group number, with a local driver
- Local meals listed in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Wuzhen Water Town
- Tips and gratuities to guide or driver (recommended)
- Personal expenses
- Any attractions/activities/shows not listed in the itinerary
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour. The local private English-speaking guide and the private car will serve your group only.
- You will receive a confirmation letter within 24 hours of making your payment.
- Your guide will contact you in the evening (Your guide will call you at around 18:00. If you missed your guide’s phone call, he or she will send you a short message) before your tour and confirm the exact pick-up time according to your preference.
- Your guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby on the tour date at the appointed time.
- The meal (if included) is in a Chinese restaurant and your guide will help you order the dishes according to your taste.
- There is absolutely no forced shopping.
- An extra fee applies if you need to be picked up or dropped off from/to airports or cruise terminals.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: China Travel Shanghai
Wonderful pickup service that went the extra mile
I booked this cruise terminal pickup and transfer to our Shanghai hotel through the Chinatravel.com website, and wa…
Custom Transit Tour
We took advantage of China’s free transit visa (24 hr) and arranged a tour of Shanghai during our layover with Chin…
It did not take a long drive to arrive at the historic water village. The drive there was comfortable and the guide…
Garden City Suzhou and Ancient Water Village
China Travel is extremely efficient at responding and providing the experience requested. The guide and drive made …
Shanghai China Highlights Experience - family of 5 with 3 teens!!!
Our tour guide Candy from China Highlights did a fantastic job guiding my family of 5 (3 teenagers) from the moment…
We chose a private visit what was a perfect in Zhujiajiao with Kris guide.😊 He was helpful, well informed. We got …
An informative and interesting day out
This was such a nice ‘escape’ from the busy city of Shanghai. My guide Candy spoke impeccable English - so rare in…
Shanghai was our last destination in China having visited Beijing, Xian and cruised through the three gorges. The d…
We had a fabulous day with Jessica as our guide. She did a terrific job and was so fun and friendly to be with, wh…
Very good tour with an excellent guide
Candy Shou of China Highlights was our guide for our visit to Tongli. She was knowledgable and we learned about th…
very good travel agency very professional staff and organisation, good hotel and restaurants selection, transportat…
Visiting the highlights of Shanghai with Kenny
Kenny is an exceptional guide - knowledgeable, friendly, intuitive and responsive. She took us all over Shanghai a…
Kenny was great!
Our guide was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and ‘got us’ really quickly and well. We were traveling as a family wit…
Had a wonderful day with Celine on the classic Suzhou tour!
Spent the day on a private tour with the very fun, well-informed Celine n Suzhou. The driver picked us up at our ho…
Needs better communications between front and back tour guides
There were 7 of us and we lost 45 mins waiting around for the back tour guide who got lost along the way. Disappoin…
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
from PHP 3,839.80*
Popular: Booked by 2,455 travelers!
from PHP 6,537.38*
Popular: Booked by 201 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai
What time does Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai start?
Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai on Tripadvisor
How much is Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai?
Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai price starts from ₱11,116.82. Discover and book Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai on Tripadvisor
What is the Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai cancellation policy?
Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private: One-Day Wuzhen Water Town Tour from Shanghai on Tripadvisor