View all photos (27)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Book this Zhujiajiao tour for a deeper understanding of the quaint water town. You’ll visit its main attractions, see the best views, ride a gondola, and sample local delicacies. Because it’s a private tour, you’ll have plenty of time for questions. Pickup and drop-off from Shanghai hotels makes for a hassle-free day trip, and you can upgrade for an evening acrobatics show.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Zhujiajiao Ancient TownStop: 4 hours - Admission includedZhujiajiao is a water town just an hour outside of Shanghai. It was established about 1,700 years ago. It features 36 stone bridges and numerous rivers line Zhujiajiao, and many ancient buildings still line the riverbanks today. The many shops nestled into the historic buildings and stone streets lined are bustling with with food vendors. Gondola rides along the canals are popular activities.Read more
- Take a trip back in time (and on a gondola) in Zhujiajiao water town
- Feast on sticky rice dumplings, steamed pork, and Chinese candy
- Relax with a private guide and round-trip transportation from Shanghai
- Upgrade to include an evening acrobatics show
What to Expect
Greet your guide and driver in your hotel lobby at a time of your choosing, then relax as you journey into rural China and the ancient water town of Zhujiajiao. Stroll the narrow streets, visiting traditional buildings, shops, and handicraft stalls. You’ll stop to admire the architecture of the 16th-century Fangsheng Bridge, and sample local delicacies such as sticky rice dumplings, steamed pork in bamboo leaves, and Chinese candies. Finally, enjoy a canal ride in a traditional gondola, still poled by hand as it has been for centuries, before your driver returns you to Shanghai. If you’ve upgraded, enjoy an evening acrobatics show.
- Private guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle with ample room based on your group size with experienced driver
- Gondola ride
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local delicacies(Snacks) tasting
- Entry/Admission - Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Jenny's Shanghai Tours
Seneca, South Carolina9543
Had to cancel tour, but was so impressed with the company and their customer service!
My husband and myself and another couple had been planning with Jenny for tours in China after a cruise. We were…
Layover tour of Shanghai Incredible Highlight tour.
My two friends and I had an incredible experience in Shanghai for our Layover. Jenny has excellent communication…
Jenny is great to work with.
Unfortujnately I was not able to complete my tour with Jenny, but very much expect to within an year. The virus…
Beijing Tour to Great Wall and Ming Tombs
I previously used Jenny’s tours in Shanghai and had a wonderful experience, so I decided to go through Jenny again…
Had to cancel, BUT...
We booked a tour with Jennys Shanghai tours. Had to cancel because our cruise ship changed itinerary due to the…
We booked a private car and our tours with Jenny and she was absolutely wonderful to work with. She always…
Santa Monica, California112
Geat layover tour
We arrived in Shanghai by cruise ship. We had booked an excursion with airport drop off through the cruise line…
Exceptional Tour and Hospitality! PERFECT
Our guide, Alice, is truly exceptional. Her and our driver, Mr. Wong, went out of their way to make sure we were…
Fun and educational Day
Fantastic day tour of Shanghai. Tour guide Peggy was friendly and very informative. Tour Included a tea ceremony…
Saint Louis, Missouri20
Incredible Shanghai Visit!
Jenny's Shanghai Tours helped us to have four amazing days touring Shanghai, Suzhou, and Hangzhou. Jenny's tours…
- Duration: 4h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452