Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 2)
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Explore the most iconic sights connected to Moscow’s Soviet history. This "Back to USSR" tour is ideal for history buffs and travelers short on time, we will come close to to one of the Stalin's Seven Sisters, visit the Lenin's Mausoleum (if it is open the day of the tour), see a memorial to Soviet labor camp prisoners; visit Revolution Square, scene of the 1917 Russian Revolution; and view the former KGB building and other key sites while your guide describes life under Soviet rule and different opinions on communism. Absorb the grandeur of the Moscow Metro stations built in 1935 -1954 , visit the Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics, and marvel at 50 pavilions representing former Soviet republics at the Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy (VDNKh) Enjoy a break for a traditional Russian lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes with a visit to Bunker 42, a former secret Soviet hideout, before drop-off at your accommodation or somewhere downtown.
- You'll start atHotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, MoscowOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Kremlin Walls and TowersStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Moscow State DumaStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Mayakovskaya Metro StationStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Lubyanka SquareStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 5Solovetskiy StoneStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 6Tverskaya Street (Ulitsa)Stop: 20 minutesSee details
- 7Revolution Square (Ploshchad Revolutsii)Stop: 10 minutesSee details
- 8The Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy (VDNKh)Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atHotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Moscow15/1 Mokhovaya Str. Bld. 1, Moskva, Russia, 125009Also we can meet in the centre of the city at Hotel National lobby.See address & details
Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Moscow, 15/1 Mokhovaya Str. Bld. 1, Moskva, Russia, 125009
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes
- Private tour
- Friendly local guide
- Multiple starts times available
- Customized itinerary
- Flexibility during the tour
- Iconic places for photo-shoot
- Meeting in the hotel
- Expert local advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- All the most historic Soviet sites of Moscow
- Entry/Admission - Mayakovskaya Metro Station
- Entry/Admission - The Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy (VDNKh)
- Entrance fees (if any, depending on your preferences)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My Tour was wonderful! Katya was welcoming, warm and friendly. She knew EVERYTHING she was talking about and was able to answer all my questions. She even took her time to show me cool tube stops in Moscow which was above and beyond what I expected. The bunker was well worth the…
Date of experience: July 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Katya & Nikita - Local Moscow Guides
Great Food and Culture Tour with Nikita!
I had an excellent tour with Nikita. He met me in the lobby of my hotel and the tour began as soon as we left. Ni…
Professinal guide photograp.she is very well on job,help customer got a lot acknowleadge.nothing to complaint
My first day in Moscow with Katya
My first day in Moscow in the company of my guide Katya - an young and intelligent women and very knowledgeable, wa…
Excellent tour guide. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. Spent 2 great days exploring Moscow with a tailor …
Katia brought the best of Moscow and unveiled the secrets of the city, making me understand its history better. Eac…
How to see Moscow through the eyes of a local!
Where do I start.... Katya was knowledgable, insightful and showed us places that as a tourist we would have missed…
Really lovely - would definitely recommend
I went on an evening tour with Katya. I had already seen most of the central area already so asked her to take me t…
Fact filled Moscow walking tour.
Excellent introduction to Moscow and full of tips and information to make the most out of the rest of our stay. Kat…
A really fun & interesting tour - must do!
I did this tour with my family and we had a great time! Our guide Nikita was very knowledgeable and gave a great co…
We first met Katya in Russia during our end of year trip, she did an excellent job with our Moscow excursion. We’re…
Overall was a good tour
On the first day everything was closed because of the new tear but Katya was insightful and managed to show us ever…
Enjoyable Tour through the Metro
We had a wonderful time exploring the metro. Nikita’s knowledge & explanations were instrumental in really understa…
Absolutely LOVED IT
What an amazing way to see Moscow. I could not have hoped for a better company to travel with and the guides absol…
Professional and thorough tour guide
Nikita is a kind and knowledgeable person，he took us to so many places and he can tell you the back story & fun fac…
The perfect tour of Moscow
If you only do one tour while in Moscow, this is the one to do! Such a great overview of the sites and history of …
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
from PHP 10,589.14*
Popular: Booked by 581 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide
- The Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy (VDNKh)
- Mayakovskaya Metro Station
- Tverskaya Street (Ulitsa)
- Kremlin Walls and Towers
- Revolution Square (Ploshchad Revolutsii)
Which attractions will I visit with Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide?
During this experience, places you will visit include:
How much is Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide?
Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide price starts from ₱4,680.05. Discover and book Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide on Tripadvisor
What is the Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide cancellation policy?
Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide?
Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide is hosted by Katya & Nikita - Local Moscow Guides. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Katya & Nikita - Local Moscow Guides on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Back to USSR: Soviet Moscow with a Private Guide on Tripadvisor