Lowest price guarantee
Ages 0-99, max of 14 per group
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Day Tour
- San Blas Boat Tour
- Snorkel Equipment during boat tour
- Entry/Admission - San Blas Islands
- Entry/Admission - Isla Perro
- Entry/Admission - San Blas Islands
- Guna Entrance Fee paid to border patrol ($22 for Internationals, $7 for Panamanian residents)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- If booking with transportation from Panama City: Please be ready to be picked up from your hotel between 5:00am and 5:45 am, and wait in the lobby. Since we have shared transportation with up to 6 guests per car, our drivers choose the best route to pick up all guests in a timely manner. To avoid any delays we appreciate your cooperation in being on time. If you are not at your designated pick up point, the driver will try his best in contacting you via WhatsApp. Please understand that the driver cannot wait longer than 10 minutes before continuing to the next pick up destination, in order to provide timely service for all of the other guests. If driving on your own to San Blas: Please contact our office for exact driving directions and instructions. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ONLY 4X4 CARS ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE TERRITORY. We have many guests who arrive in a regular SUV (such as Hyundai Tucson or similar), but are not allowed to enter, because the SUV is not a 4x4 and is considered too small or not suitable for the treacherous roads.
- Carti Parking and Boat Terminal, F23C+W2C, Warsobtugua, Panama The tour starts in the port of Carti. Contact our office for exact driving directions and instructions. Plan to arrive no later than 8:30am. Only 4x4 vehicles are allowed entry into San Blas territory. All other cars and SUVs will not be allowed to enter the territory and you will lose your tour.
- Tocumen Intl Airport, Panama City Panama
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127626P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We will check the availability of the cabin and will send you a confirmation mail.
- Departure time is between 5:00am and 5:45am from your Panama City lodging. If staying at Playa Bonita area, your departure time is between 5:00am - 5:30am.(If choosing our optional round trip transportation service)
- You are welcome to bring a cooler with your own drinks, potable water, snacks and beverages (fruit juice or alcohol). The driver will stop at a supermarket on the way to San Blas in order for you to purchase additional items.
- Check out from your cabin on the island is at 8:00am and you should be back in Panama City between 6-7pm.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT. WITHOUT IT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE GUNA TERRITORY AND THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS.
- Please be advised that San Blas is in the Guna territory, which is an autonomous, Indian zone. The services are very basic and most cabins are minimalistic. The Gunas will be providing all touristic services, such as meal preparations, car and boat transportations, lodging, and tour guiding. We are proud to be working with this friendly tribe and with each booking we give back to the community, supporting their customs and their traditional way of life. We kindly ask you to respect this beautiful culture and their simple way of life, leaving your expectations behind and learning about their innocent culture.
- Aside from using generators for electricity, there are no amenities and utilities as you are used to from the city. Food is basic, yet freshly prepared such as fresh fried fish, mixed seafood, chicken or lobster (at extra chrge) with salad, rice or plantains.
- We recommend that you bring your personal hygiene items, such as towels, sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent.
- In San Blas Islands there are no ATMs, please bring cash. You can buy additional drinks, snacks, souvenirs etc.
- “Tigo” is the cell phone company that has the best reception in San Blas.
- There are no electrical outlets in the huts, only light. You can recharge your phones and cameras in the main house.
- Infants need to sit on laps
- The usage of drones has been made illegal in the islands of San Blas. Heavy fines have been imposed on those who ignore the law. Please don’t do it!
- PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR A 2.5 to 3 HOUR CAR JOURNEY EACH WAY OVER BAD ROADS WITH POTHOLES, SLOW CURVES AND OFF-ROAD SECTIONS! THERE IS ALSO A 25-30 MINUTE BOAT RIDE TO YOUR FIRST ISLAND WHICH CAN GET QUITE BUMPY AND WET. We feel that the islands are worth the long drive, but some travelers have complained about the roads and the fast boat ride from and to the port. While we strive to provide our guests the best service and an unforgettable experience in San Blas, we are not responsible for road and ocean conditions, and we would like you to be aware of this fact :)
- IMPORTANT SAN BLAS DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ! While San Blas is a beautiful island archipelago with stunning beaches and clear waters, it also has its downsides, for which we would like to make you aware off. San Blas is very rustic without the amenities and standards you might be used to from home. Compared to places such as Tahiti and Maldives that are managed by international hotel chains, San Blas has remained autonomous without the influence of outsiders. When visiting San Blas, it should be viewed as a cultural experience where guests live with the Kunas and respect their traditions and ways of living. No aircondition No Wifi No luxury facilities Electricity only available between 6pm and 6am Water is a precious commodity in San Blas. It is either brought in by boat or pumped from the island well. Oftentimes pumps can malfunction and cause water outages. Beds and mattresses can be uncomfortable All services will all be handled by the indigenous Kuna. While Tao Travel 365 strives to provide the best service possible and train the Kuna in customer management, some of the below services are often out of our control. Car transportation (the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads with potholes. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly) Boat transportation (depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 20-40 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray). Island cabin management (cabins are very rustic and facilities, such as showers and bathrooms are often “home-made” with PVC pipes. Some guests have complained that sheets are old). Island kitchen (meal plans are repetitive and food might taste bland) Trash is a worldwide problem and unfortunately San Blas has not been spared from the ever increasing issue. During certain tides and ocean and wind conditions plastic trash from throughout the Caribbean ocean accumulates on the beaches of San Blas. While the local Kuna are working hard to collect the constant trash washing up on their beaches, guests will nevertheless find evidence of plastic spread out on the island. During the wet months (April - December) or during windless days, all of San Blas experiences sandflies, which are little blood-sucking flies that leave itchy marks. Please ensure to bring natural insect repellent and prepare to return to Panama City with a few itchy memories. Due to the complexity of the logistics involved with each reservation in San Blas (arranging cars, boats, cabins and meals), we kindly ask our guests to adhere to the itinerary schedule sent to them in advance of their trip to San Blas. For any changes in schedule, you must first contact our office and we will attempt to accommodate your request. Please note that additional fees may apply. We kindly ask our guests to lower their expectation when visiting San Blas and to focus on the beautiful paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society has ceased to them. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return.
- The road to San Blas is very curvy with lots of hills and off-road sections. If you are sensitive to motion sickness, please prepare accordingly by bringing appropriate medication.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- A note from 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals
- Please be aware that our car transportation is SHARED and can fit up to 6 guests. (1 guest up front, 3 in the middle row and 2 in the back row). We will gladly arrange PRIVATE transportation or a PRIVATE TOUR at an additional fee for added safety.
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals?
- 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals price starts from ₱8,117.24. Discover and book 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals on Tripadvisor
- What is the 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals cancellation policy?
- 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals?
- 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals is hosted by Tao Travel 365. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tao Travel 365 on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127626P10
Day 1 : Explore and enjoy...
Check-out from cabin at 8am and...
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
The tour with Franklin as our guide was over the top, it was a blast to say the least! Everything went so smoothly …
Ok trip to Islands
Overall is ok. The ride is very bumpy. Not completely horrible. You will get soaked on a boat unless you sit on a f…
1day San Blas is a nice experience, you have to see it
Some folks say, you need to stay in San Blas islands at least 2-3 days. But if you are short of time but still want…
Mamey Island December 2022
Great tour! Gus our guide was awesome! All the venues were great and the people are so friendly. I recommend this …
A nice tour
This experience is a must. They take us to monkey island to spot monkeys and then to sloth sanctuary. I m not sure …
Monkey Island and Sloth Sanctuary Tour
Well worth it and we definitely got our monies worth. Loved the monkeys and seeing the sloths. Our guide Armando …
Can’t give it less than two because we love the sea, the typical food and people, but the island was filled with tr…
Great day trip! Very organized and good driver!
This trip was a great day trip from the city! Our driver Adrian was amazing and navigated the truthfully un maintai…
Amazing - highlight of our teip
Amazing day - highlight of our trip! We were prepared for the bumpy ride …it’s definitely a bumpy ride…but so wort…
Our driver, Joel was awesome. He got us to our destination safely. On arrival, everyone was professional, friendly,…
Don't miss San blas! :)
Don't miss this tour, we had a bliss! San blas islands are amazing! The road is very curvy but it worth it! Be prep…
Truly an amazing experience. If you are able to let go and relax and enjoy the time for what it is- you will be ver…
The island is beautiful.
This excursion was recommended to me by a friend who did it last year. San Blas islands are beautiful, The road to …
Very efficiently run with good communication from the organisers this tour is worthwhile. It is not cheap but given…
Very Fun !
The tour was very fun . The monkeys were beautiful. Our guide Franklin was very kind and informative!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We spent our last two days in Panama here in San Blas and wish we had come to this paradise earlier. It's important to know that the cabins are very basic and guests shouldn't expect much inn terms of service and amenities and take San Blas paradise for what it is. Amazing beaches, sweet Kunas population that still lives with very traditional means, cooking over open fires and foraging their food from the ocean. It was such an honor to meet them and learn more about their ways to live. We also took a boat tour to other islands which is highly recommended. The longer journey from Panama City to the port was not all too bad for us (after reading many bad reviews). We saw a sloth in the road and enjoyed the jungle highlands, which to us felt like a whole experience in itself. Overall, we loved it and we will plan another trip back to San Blas, staying a few more days next time.
Written 24 September 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.