Kumamoto Custom Full Day Tour
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (6)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This private and customizable tour for Kumamoto is perfect for guests who would like to have their own itinerary planned based on their interests and preferences, allowing guests to experience the city at their own pace.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Kumamoto Station Pedestrian DeckPass by Former Hosokawa MansionPass by Kumamoto CastlePass by Suizenji Jojuen GardenPass by Kato ShrinePass by Sakuranobaba JohsaienPass by Shimotori ShotengaiPass by Kamitori Shopping StreetPass by Kumamoto Castle Inari ShrinePass by Suizenji Ezuko Park
You'll end at
3 Chome-15 Kasuga, Nishi Ward, Kumamoto 860-0047, Japan
See address & details
Kumamoto Station, 3 Chome-15 Kasuga, Nishi Ward, Kumamoto 860-0047, Japan
Returns to original departure point
- 8-hour fully customized tour with reservations and bookings made on your behalf
- Transportation within the city only
- English-speaking professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals, food and drinks not specified
- Fees for optional tours and activities for guests and tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children that are age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult that is age 18 or older
- Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions
- Passports may be required to verify age on the day of the tour.
- We ask that all guests arrive at the location at least 10 minutes before the designated meet-up time
- Although this is a private tour, the tour guide will only wait for you for up to 45 minutes of start time before the tour is cancelled
- Guests are provided with the tour guides’ phone number before the tour and you can call the tour guide if you need help.
- With many options and attractions to choose from in the city, it may seem easier to just choose a set tour that’s already available out there, but after you book this Custom Tour, we’ll work closely with you on designing the perfect tour that is only for you. To make it easier for you, after the tour is booked, you’ll receive a Custom Tour form with various potential options and themes for you to easily choose from. We’ll also consider all your preferences: whether you are into Japanese culture, history, food, nature and scenery, seasonal experiences such as Winter Illuminations, or other, you’ll be able to easily make your selections and identify any spots on your wish-list before we start planning away for you.
- As for mode of transportation, you’ll have the option to choose public transportation option (utilizing the excellent train and bus systems) or the private vehicle option (with a meticulously clean and comfortable chartered vehicle with personal driver) to take you around the city for your own comfort. The choice is yours. We are just here to make the planning and arranging process easy for you.
- Price: Select number of people under Booking Request for pricing
- 8-hour fully customized tour with reservations and bookings made on your behalf (restaurant or other venue reservations must fall within tour hours)
- Transportation within the city only (either public transportation or private vehicle, based on your booking)
- English-speaking professional tour guide (or other language may be available based on request)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if the hotel is within city center)
- Every city in Japan has a lot to offer. There are many aspects to the city and many hidden and local spots that you may not have seen or heard of before. In the Custom Tour form that will be sent to you after your booking, you’ll be able to let us know of any attractions you have already visited and would not like to see again on this tour. We will carefully review your requests and will create an itinerary based on your preferences.
- How far in advance should I book?
- Preparing a customized tour requires some time, especially if reservations for restaurants or other venues are required. We recommend making a reservation as early as possible. Ideally, it should be 3 months before your travel date, or 1 month before the travel date at the very least. For Custom Tour bookings that are requested with less than 7 days before the travel date, we may not be able to arrange your custom tour in time so your booking request may be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
- Why am I charged a service fee if I make a cancellation after you started planning the trip?
- Organizing and planning a trip requires a lot of time and if we have made reservations on your behalf, it may be very challenging to cancel some booking requests. Once we receive your booking and your answers from the Custom Tour form, we will begin putting together your Itinerary Sheet and will start arranging your tour guide, buying tickets, making reservations at venues for your tour, etc.
- If you cancel the tour any time after we have sent you the custom Itinerary Sheet, the service fee of 15% of your total tour cost will be nonrefundable
- If your cancellation falls within the fees applied to the Standard Cancellation Policy, the service fee of 15% will no longer take effect. You will only be responsible for the cancellation fee specified in the Standard Cancellation Policy. Please carefully review the terms and conditions specified on the checkout page.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Japan Awaits
Understanding and flexible with unexpected changes
Japan Awaits was a pleasure to work with. They responded promptly and sympathetically when my wife and had to cance…
Great adventure - don’t miss
This is a must do adventure. Great food, interesting learning, good sake, great interactive experience with geisha.…
Amazing experience for culture lovers!!!
This was truly an amazing evening! We had a private dinner with my wife and my parents, two lovely Geisha and our w…
Hakone private tour
We were able to book our tour at the Odawara train station. The ladies speak excellent English (Educated in Sydney…
Once in a lifetime experience
It was a once in a lifetime kind of experience. A MUST DO. The geishas’ English was pretty good too, and their hosp…
Fun and tasty
Mack guiding us round these great little eating places was a fabulous way of getting a true taste of Tokyo .The puf…
The guide Makoto Hori was super nice and helpful and he told a lot about the exquisite foods we ate. I recommend th…
Thank you for the helpful English touring and the last minute tickets. Although we had to pay double the price, it …
Nice tour around Nagano
Booked the tour for the 4 of us and choose the extra larger van (10.000 JPY supplement), which gave us enough space…
We really enjoyed our trip to the ghibli musuem. The tour guide was very friendly, helpful and informative. Thanks …
A very unique and fun experience!
We had a great time learning about the Geisha and playing some traditional Japanese games. This was a very unique …
True Japanese Experience
As many people who have read the book Geisha, this sparked my curiosity. You get to experience the traditional danc…
Mack, our guide, was fantastic. He took us to several local restaurants to get a taste of the local food which was …
Worth the money and so much more
We were in Japan for a whole month and this Nagano tour is one of the best tours we did. Wei Wei fan our tour guide…
Great guide and access to the museum
Friendly and informative guide who took us into and around the museum (we missed out on museum tickets direct but w…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452