Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start at205 Nguyễn Duy HiệuOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hue Imperial City (The Citadel)Stop: 8 hours - Admission included* Visitors are required to wear shirts with sleeves and pants under knees when visiting the Hue Citadel Head to Hue, along the North coast of Da Nang to the top of Hai Van Pass where bunkers remaining from the war can be explored. Upon arrival in Hue, we will visit the Citadel, Hue’s prime attraction, which contains the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor’s Private Residence. Hue citadel was built from 1804 to 1833 under the Nguyen’s dynasty (the last feudalist kingdom in Vietnam). The grounds of the Imperial City are protected by fortified ramparts 2 kilometers and ringed by a moat. Inside the citadel, there are a lot of different construction works such as: Imperial City gates, Purple Forbidden City, Temples and places of worshipping, pavilions, gardens, etc. Following the morning activities, we will have a short break for lunch and afterward, we will take a boat trip on the Perfume River with a stopover at Thien Mu pagoda. Considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue, Thien Mu is an active Buddhist monastery with origins dating back to 1601. One of its most poignant displays is a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963, drove to Saigon and set himself alight to protest against the South Vietnamese regime and its cruel treatment of Buddhist monks and followers. From here, we will go to visit the serene Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of feng-shui.Read more
- You'll end at205 Nguyễn Duy Hiệu205 Nguyễn Duy Hiệu, Cẩm Châu, Hội An, Quảng Nam, VietnamYou will be picked up at your hotel which is located within Hoi An Ancient Town. Picking up at other suburban districts might be extra charged.See address & details
205 Nguyễn Duy Hiệu, Cẩm Châu, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Traditional lunch at local restaurant
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Travel insurance: $5,000 USD/ case/ person
- Entry/Admission - Hue Imperial City (The Citadel)
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our guide, Tommy spoke English and was very knowledgeable about the War, he shared personal family experiences. We stopped at a place where handicapped citizens make beautiful items for sale. Once at Tunnel exhibit- our guide took us around to various exhibits, we were able…
Date of experience: June 2019
Response from hotrongluc, General Manager at Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town
Responded 12 Jun 2019
Hi Cacullom, Thank you Cacullom for your nice comments about our tour guide and our service. We are highly appreciated. This really makes us and keep up to serve our other future guests. We wish you always healthy and prosperous. We hope to see you one day to serve you more! Best regards, Luc
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Vietnam Holidays Travel
Cu Chi Tunnels
Our guide (Bo?) was very nice and friendly. We went to a lacquer art factory and gallery that employs people affect…
Went today on the tour. Our guide was excellent friendly and really informative. He was waiting for us in the hotel…
Great visit to the cu Chi tunnels
Perfect...no complaints...great ride and lunch....good cultural experiences in the tour! Car was neat and clean...h…
A very good possibility to see the most important points from Saigon( i hope to use official name very soon)
Good Tour. However, it is in Vietnamese not English
Language: Note the entire tour is in Vietnamese. However, the tour guide can speak English. I can only understand/s…
Could not have had a better day out! Luc was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed every aspect of the tour immensely, …
MORE LIKE A SHOPPING TOUR
Our Tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. however, this tour is more focused on selling you stuff from diffe…
A wonderful tour!
Luc is a wonderful guide. He is impressively knowledgeable about HCM city and Vietnam, especially its culture and h…
Had a great day, Tuan our guide was excellent, friendly and informative. Picked us up from our hotel and dropped us…
What a fantastic place to visit. The Mekong river tour is a must. Absolutely awesome. Tour guides are professional …
My husband and I enjoyed the water puppet show a lot. Even though we didn’t understand the language the show was ve…
Amazing private tour
My wife and I had the most incredible tour today. We were picked up at our ship by Luc and his driver Tuan. Luc and…
Miguel from France
We had an amazing time on this tour. Luc talks very good English and is also nice and very interesting. The tour is…
This was a great day and most enjoyable. Our group had a total of 6 which was a good size – small enough for the or…
Vietnam day 1
Our trip to the Cuchi tunnel and Mekong Delta river tour was marvelous! From booking to the actual day of the tour …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from PHP 2,234.81*
Popular: Booked by 234 travelers!
from PHP 1,270.88*
Popular: Booked by 247 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town
What time does Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town start?
Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town on Tripadvisor
How much is Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town?
Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town price starts from ₱4,547.75. Discover and book Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town on Tripadvisor
What is the Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town cancellation policy?
Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town on Tripadvisor