Recommended by 83% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atMATE Mario Testino MuseumAv. Pedro de Osma 409, Barranco 15063, PeruSee address & details
- 1Museo MATEStop: 2 hours - Admission includedMATE's permanent collection is housed in six rooms of a restored 19th century mansion. Images and projections of his most celebrated fashion shoots are displayed alongside quotes and reflections by the photographer himself. In Presence, Testino recreates the magic of capturing a perfect moment and the beauty in groups of people just having fun. Performance shows some of the most recognizable faces in entertainment. With the lightest touch, Testino allows his subjects to arrive at the point when they are confident to give the best of themselves. In Appearance, the photographer introduces us to the life of celebrities, at night. Mostly taken at parties, these are snapshots of a rarefied world. Testino’s command of the small format camera has given rise to a decisive ‘point-and-shoot’ aesthetic – and some of his most memorable images. Radiance reminds us of the power of real women, as it shows no perfection but pure and undefeatable force. Illumination has it all: An encapsulating video room that takes us inside the mind behind the lens. Observation shows Testino’s mastery of the universal language of human gesture and stance. In addition to the main exhibit, the second floor hosts two very personal series: Diana Princess of Wales, dedicated to the memory of the photographer’s deceased friend. The photographs Testino initially shot for Vanity Fair turned out to be the last official portraits taken of the Princess before her untimely death the same year. Alta Moda, a series of photographic portraits of Peruvians local to the mountainous region of Cusco, wearing festive attire. It is the result of a five-year project that investigates both Peruvian traditions and the history of photography. Moreover, the museum showcases temporary exhibitions of local and international artists, from a variety of disciplines. It also offers a dynamic artistic, cultural and educational programming. Bodega MATE is a mandatory stopping point. It displays an extraordinary selection of Latin American design, from pre-Columbian inspired jewelry to high-end fashion merging contemporary aesthetics and ancestral techniques.Read more
- You'll end atMATE Mario Testino MuseumAv. Pedro de Osma 409, Barranco 15063, PeruSee address & details
MATE Mario Testino Museum, Av. Pedro de Osma 409, Barranco 15063, Peru
Returns to original departure point
- Ticket to MATE Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museo MATE
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Entrance to permanent collection until 6:30 p.m.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The beautifully restored 19th mansion is located in the upmarktet and cultural driven Barranco quarter. The museum has a nice garden with a little coffee shop. I enjoyed their coffee there after having seen the exhibition. There is the permanent collection of superb Mario…
Date of experience: December 2019
4 Helpful votes
Beautiful selection of photos of celebrities from top-photographer Mario Testino, all in huge format, including a special room dedicated to Lady Di. Including nice videopresentation. A must see!!
Date of experience: October 2019
An interesting place to visit if you have an extra 30 minutes or so and if you are nearby. The best thing for me was an exposition of tapestry.
1 Helpful vote
If one has every been to the Annenberg Space for Photography- this is the Peruvian version, and if you have not been (it, too, is worth visiting), but it is a place where photos, especially, though not exclusively, are used to tell a cultural story. It is is incredibly at home…
Date of experience: July 2019
This is a lovely museum--it has great collections of Mario Testino's celebrity and fashion photography as well as a collection dedicated to his native Peru. The building itself is also gorgeous and located in Barranco, the best part of Lima. For 52 sols, you can get a triple…
Date of experience: June 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Museo MATE
Art, fashion and photography at Lima's Barranco District!
At the very heart of Lima's "Barranco" bohemian district and not far from neighboring "Museo Pedro de Osma", you wi…
fantastic and unusual place
a great experience to see all the beautiful photos of Mario Testino. Definitely a place to go. You will see all the…
A gem of a small museum
MATE is a must-see if you are into photography and/or fashion. The buildings, restored by Mario Testino to become a…
Loved this museum, very talented photographer
This museum takes about an hour to go through and is very well worth your time. The photography is amazing. There…
Good Photos if you like photos, but not a lot of them
We went here as we were in the area. We visited 4 museums in Lima and this was the least impressive. The first ro…
Outstanding photo collection
MATE was a great place to visit for photographers and art lovers more generally. The Mario Testino images of indige…
Overrated tourist trap
Why bother to go there unless you have a penchant for the innocuous and futile. I don't really care if Mario Testin…
Great photographs by a legend
Named after Mario Testino, this museum showcases a lot of the his fashion photography, as well as images that celeb…
Interesting insight into Mario Testino
A stimulating visit to view some of the body of work by photographer Mario Testino; one of Vogues popular photograp…
Wonderful eye candy
I loved visiting this museum! Just a lot of fun in a gorgeous building...I particularly loved the Classic Peruvian …
A fascinating exhibition of photographs
There's a mix of photos on display: from celebrities to Peruvian tribes and the Princess Diana shoot. There's a sho…
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
... or in the eye of Mario Testino, crack fashion photographer born in Lina“s Barranca quarter. The MATE building i…
Great if you're into photography
Very well curated museum with the amazing photographs of Mario Testino. The gift shop is also worth a visit.
Foreign visitor entry is 25soles while for locals at the weekend it is only 5.... Disappointed as 2 of the main ro…
Best thing in Barranco!
Very disappointed with Barranco but this place saved the day. Very well laid out with write ups in each room in Sp…
- Duration: 30–120 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
from PHP 4,016.26*
Popular: Booked by 941 travelers!
from PHP 6,048.58*
Popular: Booked by 796 travelers!
from PHP 6,275.04*
Popular: Booked by 2,437 travelers!
Museum Tickets & Passes
Frequently Asked Questions about MATE Admission Ticket
Which attractions will I visit with MATE Admission Ticket?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book MATE Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor
How much is MATE Admission Ticket?
MATE Admission Ticket price starts from ₱194.64. Discover and book MATE Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor
What is the MATE Admission Ticket cancellation policy?
MATE Admission Ticket cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book MATE Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor
Which company provides MATE Admission Ticket?
MATE Admission Ticket is hosted by Museo MATE. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Museo MATE on Tripadvisor. Discover and book MATE Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor