Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Named one of the New 7 wonders of the world, considered one of the most important energy centers in the world, and an iconic, world-renowned tourist destination, Machu Picchu, awaits to captivate you with its splendor! To reach the site, you have to cross the beautiful Urubamba Valley until you reach the Ollantaytambo or Poroy (Cusco) train station where you take the train to the town of Aguas Calientes. There you board a bus that will take you to the royal Incan citadel. The Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, named Mixed World Heritage Site – natural and cultural – by UNESCO, always shows its best side.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Machu PicchuStop: 5 hoursWe will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco 2 hours before the departure of your train and take you to the train station in the town of Ollantaytambo. We will board a vista dome train. We will begin the journey from Ollantaytambo to the town of Aguas Calientes. The views out your train windows will be absolutely spectacular as we travel beside the roaring Urubamba River and the towering mountains surrounding it! In Aguas Calientes, our guide will be waiting for us and will accompany us to the bus station where we will board the bus to take us to the amazing citadel of Machu Picchu! There we will have our 2-hour guided tour, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, cemeteries, the Intihuatana sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Three Windows, etc. Be amazed at the engineering ingenuity of the Incas which was so far ahead of their time and still partially a mystery today! Without having modern tools or even steel and iron to work with, the people who built this city were genius in organizing this community in a sustainable and beautiful way on the side of a mountain, even bringing water in canals through its streets for the people to use. When a Peruvian guide showed this site to Hiram Bingham, it was almost unrecognizable, covered in thick vegetation and in a state of disrepair. It has since been cleaned and restored and is now protected and treasured by the world at large! After this tour, you are free to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (Be sure to book in advance to get tickets for these!). Each mountain takes approximately 3 hours to hike up and down. Another lower-impact option for which you do not need an extra ticket is to trek to the Sun Gate, the main entrance from the Inca Trail (this takes about 2 or 2.5 hours round-trip). Another option is walking to see the Incan Bridge. Then we will descend to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus, where you can have lunch at one of the various restaurants in Aguas Calientes or at Sanctuary Lodge(lunch is on you). At 16:22 hrs (subject to availability), we will take a vista dome train back to Ollantaytambo. This trip takes about two hours. At 18:30 hrs, we will board a private bus which will take us back to Cusco. We arrive in Cusco at approximately 20:30 hrs.Read more
- Cusco Hotel Transfer
- Transport from Cusco to Train Station
- Round Trip Vista Dome Train Ticket
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel and back
- Professional bi-lingual guide (English & Spanish)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Heidi Travel EIRL Day Tours
This is a must do
Loved this tour. Booked directly through Heidi (I think). If you’re in Cusco, this is a great day out, and the rich…
Excellent trip to see the Maras and Moray of the Sacred Valley of Incas off the Cusco city. The tour was conducted …
Fantastic tour, well guided trip and extremely friendly and organised team of locals with immensive knowledge about…
Top class tour experience and fantastic attention. The guide service, accommodation, tour coordination, food, trans…
This was a trip of a lifetime. Everything was simply perfect. The guide service was beyond what I expected it to b…
A tour to remember
I visited Cusco with my husband and we couldn't have chosen a better tour to sightsee the city. If you are planing …
Go for it
I can blindly recommend them for the wonderful experience I had with them visiting Machu Picchu by train from Cusco…
A dream come true visiting Machu Picchu on a two days trip from Cuzco with Heidi Travels. You cannot ask for more…
Could Not Have Been Any Better
I am very happy and thankful to the level of service and tour offered by Heidi Travels company. There was no proble…
Value for money
Totally recommended. Quite an unique trip. The sights are very scenic on the way and also while hiking to Machu Pic…
Peru in a weekend
Amazing tour with lovely guides who are informative, friendly and take good care of you. This tour has a great hist…
Great tour, excellent tour guide!!
We took the tour early February, mother-daughter trip. Pick up was right on time and at the hotel, very easy to com…
Entertaining Journey By Train 101 to Machu Picchu.
The journey started from Ollantaytambo Station in Peru and was one of the best scenic journey you don't want to mis…
A very fun filled half day trip to Maras and Moray on Quad bike with Heidi Travels. The trip was just as it was men…
Found this tour to be informative and fun. Learnt a lot about Incan ways of life and their invention. The guide was…
- Duration: 14h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
from PHP 1,921.78*
Popular: Booked by 2,924 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip)
What time does Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) start?
Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) will start at 4:00 AM. Discover and book Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
How much is Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip)?
Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) price starts from ₱21,679.37. Discover and book Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
What is the Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) cancellation policy?
Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip)?
Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) is hosted by Heidi Travel EIRL Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Heidi Travel EIRL Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Machu Picchu Exclusive (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor