View all photos (12)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Explore some of the best preserved Incan ruins on horseback on a half-day tour from Cusco. Relax during the scenic journey from your hotel to the stables. After a tour of Qenqo, climb aboard your horse and enjoy a gentle ride to Pucapucara and Tambomachay. Walk around the archaeological sites, then continue onwards to the Sacsayhuaman citadel. All along the way, learn about the ancient customs of the ancient civilization.
- Visit four different archaeological sites during the tour
- Get an in-depth look at Incan history in Peru
- Choose a morning or afternoon departure time
- Relax in round-trip transportation from your hotel
- Professional tour guide
- Saddle and safety helmets
- Muleteer (goes to the care of horses)
- Mineral water or natural water
- Cookies, chocolate bar and fruit
- Transport by private car
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suitable for participants with little or no experience
- Minimum age is 6 years
- It is recommended that you wear long pants (preferably jeans), closed shoes (with rubber soles or walking shoes), and bring a rain jacket (if the weather forecast gives any significant chance of rain during the time of the ride)
- Note: Do not wear jewelry or valuables during the ride
- Maximum weight is 185 lbs (83 kg)
- Note: The guide in charge will always carry a first aid kit which will only be used in emergencies. The guide is not authorized to provide any medication that is not covered in the parameters of first aid
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We met our lovely guide (Holger) and driver directly outside our accommodation at 9.30am and were taken straight to "Sexy Woman". We had an amazing morning touring the ruins, learning about Quechuan culture and watching the llamas have a mad half-hour. This was followed by a…
Date of experience: November 2019
My boyfriend and I had an awesome ride! It was incredible, educational and Holger was a great guide!
I am a pretty experienced rider and I must say this was the BEST horse back riding trip I've ever done. Holger took us out for around 3 hours and because we were all experienced he let us trot and follow and really made the experience spectacular for us! He was so informative…
So the horse riding does not include the price of historical things. This is an extra cost we did not expect but if your going to visit anything In Cusco this will need to be purchased before hand and includes 13 other sites. The ride was amazing and the horses are very well…
I enjoyed my first tour with Horseback Riding Cusco so much I booked a second. It is SO IMPORTANT when you’re participating in tourism with animals to make sure the animals are being treated well! This company takes excellent care of their horses and their love for the animals…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Horseback Riding Cusco - Day Tours
That was amazing tour.that hours are very beautiful and strong.you must go that tour.wonderful and amazing.
A beautiful way to spend an afternoon!
The guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and kind. The vistas were amazing. The horses were very well behaved. Above…
Afternoon well spent
Not only was our tour guide extremely helpful and friendly, but the horses were extremely well behaved and it was e…
Great Way to explore the Inca ruins in the mountains outside Cusco
This is a great trip. Olga was our English speaking owner/guide who provided a fun, safe, educational experience. V…
Do THIS TOUR!!!!!!!
My girlfriend and I spent two weeks exploring Peru. This was our favorite part (and one of my great life experience…
Lovely ride through the mountains and ruins
Horses were amazing. Good condition and well trained. Guide was excellent and could give tour in English. You can s…
Though I would recommend the morning trip during the rainy season, I took the afternoon because it fit better into …
Perfect tour to start your day!
If you are looking for a half day tour while in Cusco especially to acclimate and not over do it, this is the perfe…
We took a few hours to venture with this company for riding and adventuring to naturalistic ruins vs. typical touri…
Horseback Riding Tour
Great day with amazing views riding through a national park. Olga l guide was incredible with his knowledge of the …
It was a wonderful tour with a very nice and competent guide. The horses were beautiful and healthy! We could recom…
This is a must do!
Everything about this tour was great! They picked us up from the hotel at 0900 and took us to the ranch. We had a q…
Enjoyable half-day excursion
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. We wanted a half day excursion in Cusco and it definitely satisfied. Ou…
One of the Best Tours EVER!
We were promptly met at our hotel by Holger, our guide and the company owner. After a short ride to the ranch, we w…
Seeing the Cusco conrtyside on horseback was fabulous!
The guide, Morgan, was very professional. We were picked up at our hotel and driven to the horse corral. We rode t…
- Sacsayhuaman, Puka Pukara, and 3 more
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452