Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (180)
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Visit Machu Picchu by train on a full-day trip from Cusco that takes the hassle out of exploring the spectacular Inca site. Pre-booking a tour ensures you have a ticket for the UNESCO World Heritage Site, where daily visitor numbers are capped, and you explore the sprawling site with a guide. When booking, choose from a variety of train options, from budget-friendly to more modern.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Santuario Historico de Machu PicchuStop: 14 hours - Admission includedCompleted in approximately 1450 at the height of the Incan empire, Machu Picchu was abandoned less than 100 years later following the Spanish conquest of Peru. Today it is considered by many to be the new spiritual center of the world. From Cusco, you'll be transferred to the railway station to enjoy your 1.5-hour scenic rail tour to Aguas Calientes. We arrive at the Aguas Calientes station where our staff will assist us on boarding the bus to go up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. At the arranged time, we will take the train back to Cusco city.In order to meet various customer needs, you can choose from three different types of options. The Expedition option was created for adventurous passengers seeking comfort and security without the extra frills. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco, your journey to Machu Picchu begins! The seats have been reupholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving them a touch of local flavor. Snacks are available for purchase, as well as additional storage space for backpacks. The Vistadome option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco, you'll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense). The Executive Class option departs from the Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco and make your way to Machu Picchu in comfort. Enjoy scenic panoramic views from the train, where you'll be seated in comfortable, padded chairs with a fold-out table for your convenience. Snacks and beverages are served on board the train for your enjoyment (own expense). The First Class option is a luxury service that ensures to make your visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu an unforgettable trip. Exclusive design with details of luxury and elegance, has two wagons of 30 seats each, panoramic windows and comfortable seats with folding tables; Observatory Lounge Bar with an outdoor balcony and live music. The service on board includes a welcome cocktail, a gourmet menu made with organic ingredients and a selection of imported wines. Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes station, you'll board a small bus and head up to the ruins of the “sacred city”, Machu Picchu. Your expert guide will walk with you through the main streets of these amazing ruins. Stroll through town squares and climb delicately carved stone stairways. Esoteric wisdom holds Machu Picchu as the new spiritual center of the world. There will be time to be alone and fully embrace this magnificent wonder of the world, letting this once in a lifetime experience set in. In the afternoon you'll return to the train station in Aguas Calientes for the trip back to Cusco. IMPORTANT: Your passport detail is needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide your passport detail in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.Read more
- Travel from Cusco to Machu Picchu by train in just one day
- Entrance fees included so your ticket is guaranteed
- Views of the towering Andes Mountains from the train windows
- Tour includes a guided tour of the ancient Inca site
- Convenient round-trip transport from select Cusco hotels
- Great choice for families and first-time visitors
What to Expect
Start the day with early morning pickup from select hotels in Cusco and ride to the train station. Train options, which you can select when booking, include Expedition, Vistadome, and Executive Class. The basic Expedition train is upholstered with traditional indigenous fabrics, while The Executive Class features plush chairs with tables at each pair of seats. Traveling in Vistadome, you have glass on all sides and above your head, great for taking in the full scale of the massive peaks. The newest option, the 360 Train, also has panoramic glass and updated, comfortable seats. On arrival at Aguas Calientes, continue to the ruins on a small bus for a guided tour of Machu Picchu that explores ancient stairways, temples, and sweeping views. Finish the day with the beautiful return trip to Cusco.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Selected round trip train ticket
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: All traveler passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide all the passengers names, numbers of passaports, date of birth and nationality, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
- Please note: transport time on the train varies depending on which station you depart from. Could be Poroy train station or Ollantaytambo train station subject to availability. This information will be provided by our representative the same day of your tour in Cusco.
- Please note: travel date amendments are accepted outside of 16 days before scheduled tour date
- Please note: The guided tour lasts around 2.5 hours. After that, you are free to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note: Machupicchu Admission ticket and train tickets are included in this tour and will be given to the passengers the same day of their tour.
- Please note: A notification reconfirming the meeting or pick up time will be sent through tripadvisor experiences extranet a day before the service.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Under quarantine and no refund given. Government issued a 24 hour period to leave the country and none of us were able to leave. Stuck in Lima until further notice. I tried calling every number possible to cancel and refund the ticket - it’s not that I was not going to show up.…
Date of experience: March 2020
Response from CalidadV, Quality Coordination at Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco
Responded 18 Mar 2020
Dear Skost007, We would like to make our customers know that due to the global situation we are responding to every refund request, we are receiving passengers’ mails and responding all of them but in case you haven’t received any reply from us please email us to email@example.com your full name and booking code as we cannot track you down from the username submitted, we are comitted to get back to you as soon as possible. Best Regards, Quality Department Viajes Pacífico
Mother-daughter trip in early February. Very easy to contact the tour company, pick up right on time, bus very comfy for 1h30 one-way. Everything was incredibly well organized and easy for us, we had the most wonderful and care-free time. Our tour guide was Lubi (Ludovico), he…
Date of experience: February 2020
To go there we left from cusco, the train was very expansif, for just an hour and half, plus we stay overnight the day before, If you visit very early machu picchu it is ok it is cooler but you could have the fog and the fog often stay on for many hours and it is time for…
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from CalidadV, Quality Department at Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco
Responded 12 Feb 2020
Dear JasminB007, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in Machu Picchu, we appreciate the comments and recommendations for coming passengers. If you have or would like to share any further comments about our service please don’t hesitate to reach us out to: firstname.lastname@example.org, we will always be at your disposal. Kind regards, Viajes Pacífico
The most known place in Peru easily, takes almost 2 hours in a bus, hour and 45 minutes more with a train plus a 2h hike or a half an hour bus up the mountain. And it is totally worth it! It is bigger and more powerful experience than expected. Loved the history from the guide,…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Excellent! I’ve been on several of these including Costco etc. and this was very smooth and easy. In fact, it was better than expected. I’ve also noticed people’s reviews on here need to be taken with a grain of salt. From the hotel pickup, to the train, to a bus, to the tour at…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Viajes Pacifico
Very relaxed and informative!
1/2 a day is perfect! Nice way to get used to the altitude while slowly walking through the ruins and learning abou…
The city is beautiful. Spent some time in cool places and then spent time in some places that didn't seem relevant,…
Very nice tour guide. A little too long for me...
Very informative. I think it could have gone faster and then gave the tourists a chance to revisit some of those t…
OUR LOVELY GUIDE MADE OUR DAY!
Everything went smoothly just make sure when u arrive to ring the number supplied on skype or what ever u have avai…
Best and easy
It was a well organized tour. We didn't have to worry about bus tickets or entrance tickets. We have a private guid…
Brilliant tour of Machu Picchu
We would highly recommend this tour. Ana was wonderful, she met us at the train station, took us up in the bus and …
Great first day activity!
We booked this tour for our first day in Cusco to get to know the city and thanks to our guide we got exactly what …
excellent company! the guides were great! knowledgeable, friendly, personable, very comfortable to be around
Great tour with Dante!
I had multiple tours with Viajes Pacifico in Cusco and all of them were outstanding. Something as simple as a messa…
Loved everything about this tour and this city people are wonderful , I learned so much ,cant wait to come back aga…
Cusco half day tour
We had a great half day tour of Cusco the afternoon that we arrived. The tour was the perfect length to keep us mov…
Informative but not for a wandering soul
i thought the tour guide was extremely informative and kind. He was full of knowledge regarding every site we visit…
Great tour for the first day in Cusco. Picked up on time and tickets were included. Highly recommend.
Ruben, Samuel, Boris, Rolando, Ursula, and all the other drivers were fantastic!
10 days in Peru were wonderful. All of the guides were punctual, interesting, helpful and friendly. There wasn’t a…
Knowledgeable and Professional Guide
We decided to do a day trip to Machu Picchu, and opted for the guide package that included the MP ticket price. Pu…
- Duration: 14h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,223 travelers!