Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (20)
Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Potala PalaceStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Barkhor StreetStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 3Jokhang TempleStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Small-group (2-12 persons)
- English-speaking Tibetan guide
- Clients' Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- City tour tourist vehicle
- Liability travel insurance
- Drinking water provided during the trip
- Entrance fees of tourist sites
- Entry/Admission - Potala Palace
- Entry/Admission - Jokhang Temple
- Tibet Travel Permit USD $50 per person
- Book at least 20 days in advance so tour operator may attain your Tibet Permit. Tibet Permit will be delivered to customers' delivery address / hotel address in one city of China. Please note your tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- Notice: Customers' airport pick-up and drop-off in Lhasa need be arranged by tour supplier. If customers fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, please do not apply for China L Visa in advance, because customers need apply for their Tibet Group Visa from China Embassy in Kathmandu via travel agency. Before that, they need ask for invitation letter from tour supplier. If customers fly or take a train to Lhasa from one city of China, they need apply for their China L Visa from China Embassy in their country.
- A valid passport and China L Visa used to apply for Tibet Permit are required on the travelling period
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Travelers who got a Tibet Travel Permit from another travel agency cannot book this day tour
- Travelers are required to book multiple day tours from the same suppliers if their plan includes multiple destinations in Tibet
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
What an experience! Delightful people and knowledgeable guides to give us a full and interesting insight to this beautiful country.
Date of experience: April 2019
We came to Tibet as a small tiny group of three: me, my girlfriend and my mom. The first day we arrived at Lhasa airport, right from there went to our hotel in the very old part of Lhasa, super cool, then food and rest. According to general recommendations, one needs at least…
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
I had 23 hours layover in Lhasa, so They made a budget day tour for me; Jim always replied my emails, and send me my permit on time on my hostel in China. The guide on my tour was Ngawang, she picked me up in the airport and she always was after me. The negative thing was they…
Response from Kunga-TibetVista, Guest Relations Manager at Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple
Responded 25 Nov 2019
Dear robertofg07, Your feedback has been a valuable to our service. Apart from the friendly guys - Jim & Ngawang, there is a few misunderstandings I feel compelled to clarify. Tast the sweet tea is not included in the itinerary and it's just a optional recommend for guests at their leisure. Our guides will be happy to give directions and assist with relevant arrangement. Again, I'm glad to hear that you had a great time in Lhasa. We will keep working hard to perfect our tour service and upgrading our tour products.
I booked the train from Beijing to Lhasa and a one day tour through Tibet Vista. Everything was really well organized. I had nothing to worry about. The train ticket collection was very easy: I simply went to a counter at Beijing West station and showed my passport and a note…
Our guide Tserina was excellent at both Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple, preparing us well for what was to come, and narrating for us the religious and historical significance of both venues. Where she really impressed us, however, was in the activities beyond these two…
Date of experience: November 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tibet Vista
English speaking staff, quick responses, great attention to detail
I highly recommend Tibet Visa for anyone looking to explore Tibet The friendly, English speaking staff did an amaz…
Indeed a majestic roof of the world!
I took this week long trip with my wife in Oct 2019 with no prior experience of such high altitude.We couldn't stop…
A visit to Tibet
Well what can I say... this is such a beautiful place to visit - definitely recommend it to everyone! Every Tibetan…
Had the best Tibet experience! Nothing disappointed me, the place, the people and culture all fascinating! Our guid…
Tibet is, above all, a dream land. That said, we got caught in the Tibet closing due to epidemics, which didn't all…
very good experience
it was very good experience. tour guide Jigme was very kind, caring and good explain for each sites.
Amazing and Challenging Trip to Tibet & Mt. Qomolangma with Guide Tsedon
We've always been curious with how epic it would be to visit Tibet and also the majestic Mountain Everest which we …
ONE OF THE BEST (AND PHYSICALLY CHALLENGING) TRIPS OF MY LIFE!
First of all, thank you to Chloe the travel agent whom assisted us from the beginning and was always so quick answe…
Amazing trip to Tibet + Everest ❤️
Our experience travelling to Lhasa and Everest was amazing thanks to our guide Kunchok and driver Tashi. Very flexi…
Amazing experience with great organization
Great experience with Tibet Vista and our guide, Tenzin. I did the 7 day overland from Lash to Katmandu. Tibet Vi…
Amazing Tibet Experience with Guide Tenwong
My wife and I just completed a 7 day Lhasa to Everest Base Camp tour with Tibet Vista. Although the experience was…
Gyantse and Shigatse extension tour from Lhasa
My wife and I travelled to Lhasa in December 2019 and after three nights there we continued to Gyantse and Shigats…
Truly a spiritual experience.
Very satisfied with everything: our guide’s service, James is super!) Lhasa is a fantastic city, Tibet is great! Re…
I had a wonderful time in tibet with the tour I had with Tenzin Leo, I normally don't take tours but as it is requi…
Amazing trip in Tibet
I was very happy with the services of Tibet Vista from the very first e-mail until the end of the tour. My contact …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently Asked Questions about Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple
What time does Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple start?
Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple on Tripadvisor
How much is Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple?
Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple price starts from US$236.80. Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple on Tripadvisor
What is the Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple cancellation policy?
Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple on Tripadvisor