View all photos (60)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Hong Kong is one of the world’s most vibrant cities, famous for its tranquil harbors, cutting-edge fashions, and towering skyscrapers. Get an insider’s overview of the former British colonial outpost with this guided walking tour—perfect for first-time visitors to the city. Stops are fully customizable, so you can design your own tailor-made, behind-the-scenes culinary or shopping excursion.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hong KongStop: 5 hours -See details
- 2Victoria HarbourStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 3Victoria Peak (The Peak)Stop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Sheung WanStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Seafood StreetStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 6Cat Street MarketStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 7Hollywood RoadStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 8Man Mo TempleStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 9Graham Street MarketStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 10CentralStop: 30 minutes -See details
See 23 more stops
- A fully customizable, guided walking tour of Hong Kong
- Discover the city’s hidden gems or tick off classic sights at your own pace
- Travel by foot or opt for a metro ride (own expense)
- Listen to an enriching history of the city as you wander along
What to Expect
Set out on your tailor-made adventure with your private guide from your hotel lobby. Fully customizable stops mean you can design a themed food or shopping excursion, or simply stick to the classic sights. Hong Kong’s diverse neighborhoods and hidden back alleys are best explored on foot. During this private walking tour, you’ll get to know the dynamic Asian city like a local by exploring its hidden attractions at your own pace. Sample Cantonese dishes in a few authentic, under-the-radar eateries or pick up some offbeat souvenirs at unique and colorful markets. Your guide fills you in on the city’s history as you wander along. Hong Kong’s layout includes dense urban areas and stunning parkland, so you’ll be free to venture out into nature, too. Head to Victoria Peak for a must-see panorama overlooking the entire city or try out the public transportation system to explore even further afield.
- Hotel meet-up and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Public transportation used during your walking tour (MTR, ferry, tram, bus)
- Star Ferry
- Peak Tram
- Children aged 11 years and under are free of charge.
- Entry/Admission - Victoria Peak (The Peak)
- Entry/Admission - Instagram Pier in Hong Kong
- Food and drinks
- If you elect to use a taxi at any point during your tour, the costs are not included and are payable by yourself
- Pickup from airport or airport hotel (HK$173 per person)
- Note: This is a walking tour even if you book a hotel pick-up, traveling around on public transport
- Entry/Admission - Aberdeen Fishing Village
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - please wear comfortable walking shoes
- All tours takes place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above. For up to date weather information see the Hong Kong Observatory website.
- Tours will be delivered in English unless requested otherwise at the time of booking.
- Tours are available in English, French, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.
- Please also inform us if you are travelling with children under 12 years of age.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than one week (more than 168 hours) in advance we will give you a full refund (excluding credit card processing charges. If you cancel between 7 days and 2 days (between 167 and 48 hours before) we will give you a 50% refund (excluding any service charge). There are no refunds if you cancel less than 48 hours' notice.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
We had a wonderful tour which includedall the things that we requested to see,taste and experience.Highlights included the food we tasted,restaurants we visited,the temple as well as the information on culture.I would highly recommend this tour company!Our guide was superb!
Date of experience: December 2019
We had a wonderful tour with Agnes our tour guide from Hello Hong Kong. We visited the Wong Tai Sin Temple where she explained many rituals taking place making the visit very informative and rewarding. We went to the Peak where there is a great view of Hong Kong and Kowloon. …
Date of experience: January 2020
To say this tour was a private custom tour of Hong Kong does not do it justice! Richard went above and beyond! We emailed what we were interested in prior to the tour and he actually researched our specific requests then executed them to perfection. It was truly red carpet…
On our first of five days in Hong Kong, our guide Agnes showed us and told us about so many things to do and places to see. Hong Kong is like three Manhattans, which we love, and we are excited to follow up on Agnes's many suggestions. Plus, she is a charming young lady who was…
Mel was an excellent tour guide. When we first met in lobby of our hotel, he asked us what it is we wanted to get out of the tour and if we had particular interests, etc. from our responses he made several suggestions as to how he’d like to approach our tour. He then asked us…
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours
Amazing food and an amazing guide!
My guide Sinclair was incredible; great knowledge of the areas and restaurants we went to, patient when I was runni…
Most Enjoyable Lantau Tour
Our tour guide, Stephanie, took us to Lantau to visit the Big Buddha site and the fishermen village Tai O. The plac…
Great way to see the city
We had a great day with Richard our tour guide. He was knowledgeable and interesting. We feel we have learned so mu…
Wonderful Experience with Ryan
Ryan's knowledge,energy and enthusiasm kept us going! He was so organized that we were able to see so many things i…
Full Day Walking Tour with Sinclair
Fantastic day with Sinclair getting to know Hong Kong. We were first time visitors to Hong Kong. Started with a dim…
We had the best 4 hour private tour in Hong Kong with Ryan. We landed at 6am and had a 9am tour time. He picked u…
Spectacular Day In Lantau
Our family had the best day in Lantau with Sainclair. From the moment we met Sinclair, we knew we were in great h…
Wonderul Food Tour!
We had an excellent food tour with Jane! We went to multiple places and tried many types of food, including dim sum…
Great sampling of Hong Kong in a short time!!
We took the layover tour with Richard. This was our first visit to Hong King and it turned out to be a great way to…
Private car tour with Mel our guide and Ken our driver
We had been in Southeast Asia touring with various private tours for three weeks until our tour with Mel. Mel was …
Hello Hong Kong was a great company
Everything was great from pick up to drop off. Sinclair was knowledgeable. I was very happy that i took a layover t…
Best Food Tour ever
It was one of the most interesting Food Tours we have ever done. Mel was just amazing and he knows so much, not onl…
We had a great time and our guide Richard was awesome.He explained everything in great detail and we enjoyed the fu…
Fun tour with our own guide during our long layover
We booked this 6 hour tour since it was our first visit to Hong Kong, and wanted to use our time as efficiently as …
Fantastic time with Richard
Richard was a fantastic guide for us - very welcoming, well informed and gave us a wonderful tour. We only had fou…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452