Reserve Now & Pay Later
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (60)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Unless you speak Chinese, public transportation to the Great Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is challenging in the extreme. Take it easy with this private trip, which includes door-to-door round-trip transport from your downtown hotel plus a guide at the site. Upgrade to add a Chinese lunch, entrance tickets, and a return trip down the wall by cable car or chairlift and toboggan.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 minutes - Admission includedThe Mutianyu Great Wall is considered the most beautiful section in Beijng. Located in Huairou County 72km northeast of Beijing, it stands opposite of Badaling Great Wall, connected with Juyongguan Pass in the west and Gubeikou Gateway in the east. The whole area is like a garden on a mountain top. There are abundant natural springs which feed a great variety of plants and fruit trees, keeping the air fresh all year long. The scenic beauty is excellent especially in spring and autumn.Read more
- Travel to the Great Wall with a private driver
- Discover the popular Mutianyu section of the wall with a private guide
- Relax with door-to-door round-trip transportation from your hotel
- Upgrade for lunch, entrance, and cable car or chairlift and toboggan
What to Expect
After pickup from your downtown Beijing hotel, your guide will explain the history of the wall, as you travel through the countryside, including how this 1.5-mile (2.4-kilometer) section was first restored in 1986. On arrival, choose whether to ascend by cable car or chairlift. Your guide will accompany you, as you walk between ancient watchtowers and dramatic parapets. Choose to descend by cable car, chairlift, or the thrilling toboggan track. If you’ve upgraded, enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch at a local restaurant. After this, you might choose to visit Mutianyu Village or pick fruit in its orchards before your driver drops you back to your hotel.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Lunch at the local Chinese restaurant nearby the wall with upgrade option
- Round Trip cable car up & cable car down the wall or chairlift up & toboggan down the wall with only upgrade option
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Gratuity to the guide and driver (optional)
- With Option 2 guide and transportation included the entrance tickets to the sights meals and return cable car up and down the wall are excluded
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide your hotel address upon booking for picking up
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant (1-3 years old) are free providing they do not occupy a seat
- Extra fee is requested after 8 hours tour
- If you prefer to have different language tour guide than English one, please kindly make your booking with request 3 days advance
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
connie is the best. she is smart, funny and very knowledgeable about Chinese history and current social trends. she is 5 star tour guide!~
Date of experience: December 2019
My wife and I had a layover in Beijing so we decided to go to the Great Wall during that time. One of our friends had used this company before and recommended them to us and we were so lucky to have used them! Amazing service, better experience, and the best tour guide…
1 Helpful vote
Simply amazing. Great Wall of China is definitely a must visit place. And much better when you do with the right guide/person. Jenny was really amazing. Very knowledgeable about the history and the places to go. We were able to skip the crowds and had a really great time! Thanks…
Date of experience: October 2019
Was picked up at the hotel lobby and then taken to our car, which had a selection of refreshments for the journey. On the way, facts about Beijing and The Great Wall were spoken about and discussions exchanged regarding Chinese and British lifestyles. Once at the venue, we took…
We took this tour yesterday and it was absolutely fantastic. Jenny was not only knowledgable about Beijing and the Great Wall but also gave us a great insight in to Chinese culture and day to day life. We were picked up at our hotel, offered a range of soft drinks or beer in the…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Catherine Lu Tours
Wonderful visit with Joyce!
We did a Beijing Private Tour with Joy and had a wonderful set of visits! We were able to come up with a customized…
I forgot my password to tripadvisor and the reason I got a new one was this tour! We were treated to a fabulous pri…
7-Day Private Tour
From the get go, our communication with Catherine Lu tours was top notch. We did a 2 city, 7-day private tour. From…
4 cities, 12 days with Catherine Lu tours
Jenna from Catherine Lu Tours came up with great itineraries for our stays in Chengdu, Hangzhou, Xi’an and Beijing.…
Great Knowledge, Amazing Places & Good Food
The 3 things most travelers are looking for when taking on an adventure. Booking was very easy with plenty of conta…
Wonderful Day in Beijing
This full-day private tour to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall did not disappoint. We appre…
20 hour layover: an incredible experience
Amazing day tour began with our driver picking us up in hotel lobby. Our guide was Joyce and she was truly a joy- s…
Beijing Private Tour
We had two families (8 people) on our first trip to China. Catherine Lu Tours was amazing. From Jenna helping us ma…
Joyce was amazing!!!! She spoke excellent English, knew so much about all the sites, made things as comfortable as…
We toured Beijing with Joyce and she was fantastic. So full of knowledge, interesting facts and she always knew whe…
Private One-Day Tour of Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall, Bird's Nest/Olympic Park
Outstanding tour and overall experience. Very easy to book, and Catherine Lu was highly responsive and accommodati…
Great Day! Highly Recommend
We did this private tour on our last day in Beijing and I would highly recommend this tour. Our tour guide was Joyc…
Justin Was A Wonderful Guide
Walking with a private guide is the best way to see a city, provided the guide is good, and Justin was. He was know…
Great guide and trip
We booked the trip the day before, only a couple of hours before our flight. We received confirmation and a persona…
Highlights of Beijing
We enjoyed a very nice and pleasant private tour with Nico. He was a friendly and energetic guide, answered all ou…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 940 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,361 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 135 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 147 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing
What time does Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing start?
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing?
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing price starts from US$178.00. Discover and book Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing cancellation policy?
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing?
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing is hosted by Catherine Lu Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Catherine Lu Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing on Tripadvisor