View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYour guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 6:00 am and 7:30 am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel. You will drive to Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert, and used as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. You will arrive at around 9:30 am to the section called Mutianyu, 75 km away from Beijing. This section was built around 1368, and it is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. Please note that this is not a guided tour. The guide is there to arrange hotel pick-us and drop-off, buy cable car tickets if you need them, and set a time for lunch. The guide's English is limited but enough to help you enjoy a great day while you hike the Great Wall on your own. You can hike up the side of the mountain to the wall or take a cable car (own expense to be paid in cash to the guide before arrival). Then you can walk over the wall passing several watch towers for different views. A round trip hike is about 6 km and takes about 3 hours. On the way down, you can either walk, or take the cable car or toboggan (own expense to be paid in cash to the guide before arrival). Once the hiking tour is finish around 1:30 pm, you will enjoy a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch and then be transferred back to your downtown hotel in Beijing. In cases of heavy traffic, when returning from the Wall, you can choose to be dropped at a subway station on the way or wait to be dropped off at your hotel.Read more
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned tour coach
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Fee of cable car to the Mutianyu Great wall (Optional)
- Tips to the organising guide and driver (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a bus tour. The hotel pick-up time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6:00 pm) by a phone call. If you didn't get any information about the hotel pick-up time after 10:00 pm the day before the tour, please call the emergency number and they will inform you.
- Hotel must be in Beijing city centre (inside the Third Ring Road in the North, East and West; and inside the Second Ring Road in the South). If you stay in an apartment block, we will find a nearest hotel as your pickup point. If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, please walk a few steps and wait for our bus on a main street
- Hotel pick-up itinerary might include changing buses 2 or 3 times before leaving Beijing city.
- This is not a guided tour. The guide is there to arrange hotel pick-us and drop-off, buy cable car tickets and set a time for lunch. The guide's English is limited but enough to help you enjoy a great day.
- Please note that depending on traffic conditions, the return time may be later than stated. You can be dropped off on a subway station on the way back.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 5 more reviews on Viator
This is a must do experience while in China and the Mutianyu portion of the wall is indeed fabulous. However, we booked this tour because it was marketed as "no shopping". But they insist that you walk through the extended shopping area near the wall (parking the bus at one end,…
Date of experience: August 2018
Nice tour and Nancy was a super sweet guide who was taking care of everyone. There are no stops at different shops which is great and obviously pretty rare. You get a really nice lunch (l heard from other people that they were serverd duck brain which was pretty nasty at their…
Date of experience: August 2018
This was just right for us. The bus takes you to the wall, you walk it for a while and then lunch then you come home. What else do you need? Traffic is a bit slow but they will drop off at metro stations which can be quicker depending where your hotel is.
Date of experience: March 2018
Our guide Nancy was excellent, giving us lots of history on the way to the wall. This is a good tour if you want to only see the wall and not go anywhere else, or be forced to stop at any markets. The lunch is reasonable, but I definitely had better food in China than that.
Date of experience: April 2018
1 Helpful vote
I booked this tour as I wanted to get to the wall and didn't want a large group. The group was under 15 people and Chan did a great job. I was staying in the hutongs and it was difficult for the driver to pick me up so they met me at the closest street (2 minute walk) earlier.…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: VariArts Travel
If you go yo Guilin it means you should take Li river Cruise, they pick you up from you hotel and the others from o…
Dynamic but limited show
The show is at times breathtaking in the physical dynamism of the performers. It is a great spectacle - superb colo…
Ticket at the gate
It was easy to buy tickets on the spot with cash. Locals use other Chinese apps for tickets and payment solution. I…
I didn't expect this show to be as high quality as it was. It was absolutely excellent and I will for sure go back …
A long line of boats but a fantastic view!
We had a giggle as we were expecting a leisurely cruise along the river but there were no less than 50 large ferrie…
One of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen, cannot vault the performance. There was snacks on site and the staff…
Good trip and park area with garden and temple of heaven. Also you can see a lot what chinese people do to relax an…
Waking The Great Wall
The Great Wall id a wonderful place to visit, to take pictures and video. If and when you visit The Great Wall drin…
Worthwhile trip with kids. My boys (10 & 6) really enjoyed the show and was one of their highlights of the trip
Trip advisor never sent me my voucher!
After having paid for my entrance weeks in advance, I was required to buy a brand new ticket upon entry because Tri…
Breathtakingly beautiful lakes
This group of 5 or 6 lakes connected by small water falls are is stunningly beautiful with the background snowy mou…
A super way to celebrate a Golden Wedding Anniversary!
We spent about five hours there on our wedding anniversary last July. It was a splendid experience. We took two fri…
What an absolutely phenomenal show. We would highly recommend it and will certainly go to see it again, if we end u…
Great show but....
The show was great and very well thought out and very creative. There were so many vibrant colors and effects it wa…
Pandas 🐼 But No Food
I purchased family tickets from Klook including food, so was disappointed to discover the restaurants were closed. …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 135 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 147 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus
What time does Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus start?
Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus will start at 6:30 AM. Discover and book Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus on Tripadvisor
How much is Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus?
Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus price starts from US$53.34. Discover and book Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus on Tripadvisor
What is the Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus cancellation policy?
Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus?
Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus is hosted by VariArts Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact VariArts Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full Day Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Tour by bus on Tripadvisor