Reserve Now & Pay Later
DMZ Tour from Seoul Including Dora Observatory
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (100)
Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Demilitarized Zone is the heavily guarded border between South and North Korea: although a must-see, many first time visitors are often put off trying to visit by the mystery surrounding the area. This stress-free tour allows you to visit the DMZ and travel between key sites of interest with ease, as you gain insight into Korean War history with a guide. Plus, convenient hotel pickup means you won't waste time trying to find a start point. Please note: the DMZ is currently closed and an alternative tour to Ganghwa Peace Observatory, Veterans Memorial Park, Imjingak, and Art Space BEAT 131 is offered.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Imjingak Pyeonghoa-Nuri ParkStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 2The Third TunnelStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Dora ObservatoryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Dorasan StationStop: 20 minutes -See details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Let a guide take care of transport and entrance fees on a stress-free tour
- Explore with a guide and gain insight into Korean War history
- Gain access to the heavily-armed border that separates North and South Korea
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from central Seoul
What to Expect
Your morning starts with pickup from your Seoul hotel by coach or minivan. During the drive toward the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), pass sites of interest including Imjingak Pyeonghoa-Nuri Park and Mangbaedan—where North Koreans perform traditional rites on celebration days. On arrival at the Demarcation Line, explore sites of interest including Freedom Bridge and the old Gyeongui train line. With your guide on hand, gain insight into Korean War history and learn of the area’s significance to Koreans on both sides of the border. Take in key sites including the DMZ Theater and Exhibition Hall, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, and the Dora Observatory. Here, you can take in sweeping views across the DMZ and even catch glimpses of rural life in North Korea. When your time at the DMZ comes to an end, return to central Seoul to conclude your tour. Please note: the DMZ is currently closed and an alternative tour is offered.
Koreana Hotel, Myeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Koreana Hotel, Myeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea Myeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Hotel pickup in downtown Seoul only(if option is selected)
- Drop-off at City Hall or Myeongdong
- Professional local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or minivan
- No Shopping Center(Ginseng or Amethyst)
- Pistol Shooting (if option is selected)
- Entry/Admission - The Third Tunnel
- Entry/Admission - Dora Observatory
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Since the DMZ is operated by the military, the trip may be canceled without prior notice.
- A pick-up service is available for centrally-located Seoul hotels. If your accommodation isn't in Seoul (for example, Incheon), you can choose whether to make your own way to Seoul or to pay the extra charge based on the distance traveled, on the day of your tour.
- Hotel pickup is available for centrally-located Seoul hotels. If your hotel/guesthouse is behind alleys, our English guide will meet you in front of the nearest central hotel or nearest subway station.
- All schedules are subject to change due to road conditions(roadworks, traffics etc.), weather conditions (storms, hurricanes, dense fog, heavy snow, etc.) and the government order, strike, and any other unforeseen reasons for the military reason such as military training, visiting higher level of military personnel etc. In this case, we reserve the right to cancel and/or alter any/all part of the itinerary which may result from circumstances beyond our control. We will do our utmost to improve that situation. However, we can NOT grant refunds. * Alternative itinerary Imjingak park > Art Space BEAT 131 > Odusan Unification Observatory > The war memorial of Korea > Dismissal at City Hall or Myeongdong.
- This tour does not stop at any shopping centers like ginseng center or amethyst factory.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- If you didn't receive confirmation email with a pick-up time, please contact us via email or calls.
- For the pistol shooting, participants must over age 14.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The DMZ area has been closed to prevent spreading African Swine Fever, we will conduct the tour in an alternative schedule; Ganghwa Peace Observatory → 6.25 Veterans Memorial Park → Imjingak → Art Space BEAT 131 → Drop-off at City Hall or Myeongdong (around 14:30 pm)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I was picked up from my hotel. Our tour guide is a nice young lady who shared a lot of information and knowledge. She also speaks fluent English. The tour went smoothly with good timong at each location. Does not feel rushed at all. Highly recommended.
Date of experience: October 2019
Too bad the tunnel was closed. Else it was a good trip to see the observatory place. if you use the binoculars, can see people playing in the village in North Korea. I was there 10mins before meeting time and the coach was already waiting.
Date of experience: February 2020
I really enjoyed this trip despite the changes made because of the flu restrictions in the DMZ. Julie was a great guide - very knowledgeable and lots of fun. It was just a shame the weather wasn’t good enough to see very far on the day!
This was an end of December 2019 tour of an alternative DMZ package. The normal DMZ tour was still not available due to concerns about the swine flu. The tour provider informed us of the alternate itinerary as soon as we got confirmation of the booking. Itinerary for our tour…
Date of experience: December 2019
I recommend this trip. Our nice lady tour guide shared plenty of information, we were at time. Also the communication with the agency via trip advisor was smooth , quick and informative
Response from Seaside809017, 고객 담당 매니저 at DMZ Tour from Seoul Including Dora Observatory
Responded 21 Dec 2019
Dear. zbasna, Hi, zbasna! We appreciate taking your time to leave a great review for us. We are happy to know that you had a nice tour with our guide. Did you have a closer look at North Korea at the observatory? We hope you did :) We also hope you visit Korea again when the DMZ open again. Thank you again for your review and compliment for us! Best, Sarah Lee
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: I Love Seoul Tour - Day Tours
Drama comes alive!
My friend is so interested and I booked this under Seoul city tour. Picked up from my hotel and drove one and half …
Excellent Tour And Guide
Tour was for small group and we ended with our English-speaking guide just for the 2 of us. (4 other Japanese touri…
Tour of Seoul South Korea markets and iconic landmarks
The tour guide was very experienced and she knows her history very well. Very polite and charming person. Her exper…
A lot to see, not enough time to see it
Our tour guide picked us up at 8:15am and told us it usually goes until about 12:30pm with four stops...we were don…
I wanted to visit the DMZ, since this was my fourth time to Seoul and I still had never been. Yura was my guide. Th…
Overpriced and Rushed! Save your money!
Right, so I’m not sure if it were just our guide or what, I see that many of the other reviews here are positive, s…
Excellent Day Tour of Suwon and Jeonju!
I was visiting Korea with my mum for her 60th Birthday, and most of our itinerary for the week comprised of day tou…
We had a slight hiccup with times first up but that was easily fixed. We met our tour guide Gabby in the lobby of o…
It was a waste of time.
Our tour was shorten and we don't experienced the night life in Seoul. Our tour guide was rushed all the time. Mayb…
Enjoyable Afternoon (apart from the heavy traffic..!!)
Had a great afternoon visiting a few sites in the Seoul area. Guide was a very nice lady (sadly can't remember her …
Seoul Afternoon Tour Including Palgakjeong, Changdeokgug and Namdaemun Market
We enjoy our Trip as our tour guide Miss Yura very punctual & very freindly. She able to speak fluent english & abl…
Excellent guided tour of the Hwaseong Fortress, an 18th-century fortification surrounding the center of the city of…
Shop till you drop
There are several night shopping locations in Seoul. If you want to shop for cosmetics, the Myeongdong area is the …
Good Beginner Ski Tour
this was my second visit to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort but this time with my daughter. Our tour guide, Ms. June, m…
Best Tour We Experience in Seoul
They pick up from our Pacific hotel about 8 am, beside two of us, only one other lady for this tour, Yura Song our …
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452