Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (418)
Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 8)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The bridge between east and west, Istanbul is a vibrant city with magnificent architecture and a rich history as the former capital of the Ottoman empire. Cover top sites like the Blue Mosque and the Spice Market on this action-packed guided trip, which offers 1-, 2-, or 3-day itineraries to best suit your schedule. Because it’s a private tour, you have plenty of time for questions along the way.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Sultanahmet DistrictStop: 7 hours -See details
- 2HippodromeStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 3Blue MosqueStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 4Sultanahmet SquareStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Hagia Sophia MuseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 6Topkapi PalaceStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 7Basilica CisternStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 8Grand BazaarStop: 60 minutes -See details
- 9Bosphorus StraitStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 10Dolmabahce PalaceStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
See 10 more stops
- A comprehensive tour of Istanbul, with 1-, 2-, and 3-day options
- Marvel at Ottoman sites like Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque
- Shop like a local at the Spice Market and Grand Bazaar
- Private tour means plenty of personal attention
What to Expect
Day one begins with a visit to the Hagia Sophia, a 6th-century Byzantine cathedral adorned in spectacular gold mosaics. From there, cover attractions like the ancient Basilica Cistern in the heritage district of Sultanahmet, and learn how the Blue Mosque got its nickname. You also have time to explore the treasures of Topkapi Palace, once home to the Ottoman sultans and their famous harems. If you opt for a 2-day tour, begin with a visit to the bustling Spice Market, where you can haggle for saffron alongside shoppers. Cruise down the famous Bosphorus, where you might catch sight of river dolphins, explore the vibrant pedestrian street of Istiklal, and make a stop at Galata Tower, a medieval stone monument with incredible panoramas over the city. The third day covers the Suleymaniye Mosque, the most beautiful of the Ottoman mosques, as well as the Byzantine frescoes in Chora Church. You also enjoy sweeping city views on a cable car ride on Pierre Loti Hill.
- Private tour
- Professional local guide
- Museum/Attraction Tickets
- Transportation from/back to hotel and between sites (unless option selected)
- Gratitude (suggested)
- Entry/Admission - Hagia Sophia Museum
- Entry/Admission - Topkapi Palace
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Cistern
- Entry/Admission - Bosphorus Strait
- Entry/Admission - Dolmabahce Palace
- Entry/Admission - Galata Tower
- Entry/Admission - Chora Museum
- Entry/Admission - Pierre Loti Tepesi
- Please note that Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays
- Blue Mosque is closed until 2pm on Fridays
- Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
- Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays between November 1 and March 31. Hagia Sophia is open to visit on Mondays between April 1 and October 31
- For multiple day booking, private van service will be advised according to your hotel location and size of the group
- Dolmabahce Palace is closed on Mondays
- Due to museum regulations, live guide service is not available at Dolmabahce Palace
- Dolmabahce Palace is closed on Nov 10. Due to commemoration ceremony
- When booking the tour with van, if your hotel is located in Sultanahmet you will be steps away from the museums, so the van will not be used as much.
- Galata Tower will be visited from outside as tour guides have no priority to skip the line due to Galata Tower regulations
- Annual closing dates of all museums and bazaars in Istanbul as follows: January 1 - New Year, June 4/6 - Ramadan Festival, August 11/14 - Eid Festival, October 29 - Republic Day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Grand Bazaar and Spice Market are closed during 4, 5, 6 June - Ramadan Festival, 11, 12, 13 14 August - Eid Festival
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Mustafa is an excellent guide, for the most important sites in Sultanahmet and the Bosphorous. He had excellent explanations, and tailored the trip to our interests (2 people, age 70). This is a walking tour, but by no means exhausting in any way. The Basilica cistern, and…
Date of experience: March 2020
Istanbul is an amazing city with thousands of years of rich history and culture. This 3 day private guided tour is the best way to learn and see all that the city has to offer, and is definitely a must-do, at least for 2 days. Ozcur was our tour guide and he was simply the best…
Canero was our guide and he provided us with a spectacular day of sight seeing, information and great treats. He was able to give us a wonderful history lesson on the architecture, religion history, and the different cultures we encountered on our tour. We also visited a great…
The tour was really amazing. We only had a few days in istanbul so we wanted to see the most important places. Our tour guide Sam helped us see the best places during our one day tour. We accomodated our needs. Most importantly he was VERY INFORMATIVE. He knew so much things…
Date of experience: March 2020
We had a wonderful private Istanbul tour with Emre! He was extremely knowledgeable about each historical landmark we encountered, polite, and very friendly. His English was also excellent. We absolutely recommend him and would use this company anytime we come back to Istanbul!…
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Guided Istanbul Tours
Had a private tour of the Historic Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Sistern and the souk. If you've been to a souk befor…
Spent a lovely day with Sercan
Friends and I decided to attend this tour after checking the reviews and we are not mistaken as we had a fantastic …
My partner and I booked a one day private tour with ‘Guided Istanbul Tours’. Our tour guide (Sercan) was knowledga…
Best Day tour with Mustafa
Mustafa is a fantastic guide and I am so happy that I got such a talented tour guide. He is professional with excel…
Very interesting tour with a very interesting guide
We did the tour duringthe second last day of the year and we find tge guide very prepared and cute..
Awesome Tour in Istanbul
I had a wonderful one-day private tour of some of the beautiful historical places in Istanbul with my guide, Ugur. …
Great day tour
This is the second time that I booked a group day tour with this company for my colleagues visiting the city. Melis…
A Day in Istanbul
Sercan Kurt was very friendly & knowledgeable tour guide. Very good English for easy communication made our tour mo…
Small group old Istanbul tour
Highly professional guided tour. Our guide, Sercan Kurt demonstrated a deep hystorical and cultural knowledge. Com…
Great time in Istanbul!
My tour guide Sercan Kurt was an excellent guide! He was knowledgeable and detailed. He helped me learn and see so …
Small group tour of Istanbul
This was a really wonderful experience. Our guide Sercan was so knowledgeable and friendly. I would definitely reco…
Small Group Tour with Sercan Kurt
Just got home from a full, fabulous day learning about the diverse history of Istanbul and seeing its jewels. The g…
One day tour of Istanbul
Emre was extremely pleasant and helpful. Very knowledgeable. He showed us a great day, nicely paced and was also …
Perfect tour for seeing Istanbul!
This was a great way to spend a day walking through Istanbul and hitting the main sights. Servant was a fantastic g…
Best of Istanbul 1 day tour
Booked a private old city tour (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi etc) with Guided Istanbul Tours for 19 Oct. prom…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 849 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,027 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 660 travelers!
Bosphorus Full-Day Sightseeing Tour: Golden Horn and Bosphorus Cruise, Spice Bazaar, Camlica Hill and Dolmabahce Palace
from $71.53* $89.41
Popular: Booked by 872 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 8,453 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 2,403 travelers!