View all photos (24)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Journey to the ancient capital of Siam on a full-day tour to Ayutthaya from Bangkok. Follow in the footsteps of kings, as you explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site, ruins of mighty temples, and the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace with a guide. Instead of driving back to Bangkok like most tours, take the scenic route to the capital on a Chao Phraya River cruise, including a delicious buffet lunch onboard.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1อุทยานประวัติศาสตร์พระนครศรีอยุธยาStop: 3 hours -See details
- 2Bang Pa-In PalaceStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3BangkokStop: 4 hours -See details
- Visit the former Siamese capital on a guided tour of Ayutthaya
- See the UNESCO-listed ruins of ancient temples built over 400 years of rule
- Tour the well-preserved Bang Pa-In Royal Palace
- Return to Bangkok via a cruise on the Chao Phraya River with buffet lunch
What to Expect
After early morning pickup at your Bangkok hotel, ride in air-conditioned comfort north to Ayutthaya, the reigning capital of Siam for more than 400 years until it was sacked by the Burmese army. Learn about the fascinating history of the site and see examples of Thai, Chinese, Italian, and even Victorian architecture, as you tour the sprawling complex of crumbling temples and well-preserved palaces. A highlight is a visit to the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, the ornate lakeside summer retreat of Thai King Rama V. When it's time to head back to Bangkok, take the slow and scenic way on a cruise along the Chao Phraya River. Watch the Thai countryside give way to the sprawling metropolis while enjoying a delicious buffet lunch. When the boat docks in the late afternoon, a driver waits to transfer you back to your hotel.
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joined / Private tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- One way river cruise on board from Ayutthaya to Bangkok on board the Grand Pearl
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Buffet lunch on board is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Bang Pa-In Palace
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, shopping, portage fees.
- Supplement for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts in far area
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis.
- Customers who book the private tour option: a private guide and vehicle will be assigned for the Bangkok – Ayutthaya overland portion, yet will join other customers on the downstream river cruise back to Bangkok.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- Tour with Spanish-speaking guide available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday only
- Tour with Italian-speaking guide available Monday and Wednesday only
- For all riverside excursions (river cruises, lunch and dinner cruises, long tail boat tours and other water-based tour options), restrictions on transfers from and to booked riverside accommodation along the Chao Phraya River are applicable. Customers are requested to make it to their nearest pick-up point in the downtown Bangkok area.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Cruises are not available during the following dates / periods - Loy Krathong Festival (November) | Christmas Eve (24 December) | Christmas Day (25 December) | New Year’s Eve (31 December) |New Year’s Day (1 January) | Valentine’s Day (14 February) | Mother’s Day (12 August)
- Most travelers can participate
- Cruise operation will also seize during the annual dry-docking period; exact dates will be advised by the cruise company and are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel requests during this/these period(s)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Tour was exhausting- several temples- first was beautiful and peaceful, 2 Nd was a ruins, 3rd was so filthy with tortured elephants to ride. Biggest issue was it was so incredibly hot and the bus’s air conditioning broke 10 minutes into trip and didn’t get fixed till last stop-…
We booked the tour for our honeymoon and we were notified the day before that they won't be able to make the tour so we had to make another reservation through someone else. I haven't been refunded as of today!! Horrible service... Not trustworthy, stay away from this company!
Excellent day out and with a good guide with a good sense of humour. The first stop at the Bang Pa - Royal Palace was an absolute treat, we arrived before most tourists and the grounds filled with lakes, waterfall, temples was a sight to behold, pure magic. Then onto Ayuttthaya…
Date of experience: November 2018
Very good day out. Despite being 20 - 30 minutes late leaving because one couple were late, the visits to the Royal Palace and the two temples in Ayutthaya did not feel rushed. Be aware though that the Chinese house at the Royal Palace is undergoing major restoration and is…
Date of experience: February 2018
Our tour guide was First and I have absolutely no complaints about him. There is something comforting about knowing your tour guide grew up in the town he's about to show you. The tour starts early in the morning. Once you are on the main bus there's a little bit of a intro…
Date of experience: November 2017
About the operator
By: Asian Trails (Thailand)
Seoul, South Korea43
This dinner cruise was very nice. Perfect for couples. Nice romantic setting. There are lots of dinner cruises,…
Libby in Cincinnati
Really beautiful and more impressive than we expected.
The entire complex is very impress and more stunning than we expected . It is worth the trip. The buildings just…
Jackson, New Jersey51
Dinner cruise in Bangkok
We really enjoyed the dinner cruise. The food, drinks and all around atmosphere were perfect. It is not one of the…
Great Tour for Pictures
My wife Brenda and I took the Grand Palace and Temple tour through Goway/Asia World Tours. We were in Bangkok for…
Very good summary of temple and palace highlights
This tour is great for the traveler that has limited time in Bangkok just as it is advertised. Enjoyed our…
A great history lesson in ancient thai arts and culture
Experience and enjoy the wonderful bike ride through the Ancient City which is a replicate of all the regions of…
San Angelo, Texas9541
Get some steps in
If you enjoy a good walk, history, and architecture, then this is for you. We especially the antique chinoiserie…
London, United Kingdom12165
Fantastic way to enjoy the scenery with lovely food.
This cruise was recommended by our hotel The Rose Residence. We felt very special and we extremely pleased with…
Elephant Sanctuary was amazing!
We went to the elephant sanctuary in Koh Samui which was supposted by our tourist guide Patrick von Arx, who works…
Cameron & Ann M
Dinner Cruise In Bangkok
The dinner cruise was wonderful and very elegant. It was a perfect way to see much of the incredible architecture…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452