View all photos (15)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The North Shore of Oahu is a popular spot for snorkeling, with colorful coral reefs and an abundance of marine life. This excursion is ideal for those with limited time who want to maximize their chances of spotting marine life. Head out into the open water from the beach and look out for green sea turtles, eels, tropical fish, and more as you swim and snorkel.
You'll start at
OahuSee Important Information for details
- 1North ShoreStop: 90 minutes -Safety and Snorkeling instruction first and small practice time on shallow area before we are heading to deep Ocean. It's about an hour to enjoy Oahu's best snorkeling spot.Read more
- Fantastic marine life sightings such as green sea turtles
- Swim out to North Shore Cove from the beach
- Choice of morning or afternoon tour departure times
- Personalized experience: choice of private or small-group tour
Oahu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- IMPORTANT: If you have never been in the ocean before, are afraid of water, are not able to put your face in the water, or cannot swim/float on the surface, it is strongly recommended that you book the private tour option (please see booking options); if you booked the regular small-group tour and are unable to go into deep water with the guide, you may miss the tour without a refund.
- Not recommended for children 8 years and under (a private snorkeling tour can accommodate ages 6 and up)
- You MUST be at the meeting place on time; if you are not on time, you may miss the tour without a refund.
- From Waikiki, it's roughly a 70-minute drive; from Haleiwa town, it's about 20 minutes; from Turtle Bay, about 20 minutes. Be aware of traffic, especially the 11:30am and 2pm tours, as there is usually heavy traffic on the North Shore; please drive safely. DIRECTION: The meeting place is the North Shore Bike Trail, which can be found on Google Maps (Research North Shore Bike Trail) Address: There is no physical address. Beginning of North Shore Bike Trail you can find on google map (NORTH SHORE BIKE TRAIL). Opposite side (Ocean side) of PUULA ROAD on Kamehameha Hwy at lawn area, find a "green bike pass sign." Directions: From Waikiki or Haleiwa town. Pass the Waimea bay, fire station (on the left) and Pupukea Food Land (on the right), 0.2 mile from fire station. Pass all food trucks (such as North Shore Tacos etc) and car repair shop Pupukea service on your right. As soon as you pass PUULA ROAD on the right, meeting place is on the left (Ocean side) lawn area, there is green "Bike pass" sign. The guide will call your name. From Kahuku (Turtle Bay Resort). Pass the sunset beach, 1.2 miles from the Pipeline and a Sunset elementary school. When you pass KUMUPALI ROAD, slow down you are 0.2 miles to get meeting place. Just before PUULA Road there is lawn area by the Ocean, find a green bike pass sign. If you see the fire station on your right and Pupukea Food Land on your left you already passed. It is 0.2 mile before the fire station. The guide will call your name.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- If you have any disability you must let us know when you book.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
The two guides that helped us with our gear and took us out were so attentive. It was an outstanding experience and the first time I have ever experienced snorkeling as a fun activity. If you are comfortable in the water I highly recommend this activity. We also got to see a sea…
Date of experience: September 2019
This was my first time snorkeling ever and Bob was very patient with me and the other two ladies with me. Unfortunately we did not see any sea turtles but we did see some beautiful fish. I enjoyed it very much and would definitely recommend to anyone going to this area. The…
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from BlueHaupia, Manager at North Shore Turtle Cove Guided Snorkeling Tour
Responded 20 Aug 2019
Aloha, thank you very much for review us. We are glad you enjoyed our snorkeling tour. I am sorry for your photo, did you purchase photo package before the tour? Please email us even you didn't purchased. Our guide sometimes take pics of fun or our SNS reason that case we give away the pics.
Bob was the best guide! There were 3 of us ladies age 55-58 and he was patient and educational. Beautiful water with awesome coral & fish in the cove. Highly recommend this snorkeling trip
Date of experience: July 2019
Love, just loved this experience. Easy in and out of the water process. The guide was beyond capable and focus on us having the best time. We could of easily gone on our own, but she knew right where to go for turtles and the best fish viewing. Highly recommend.
Date of experience: July 2019
My wife and I had a great time on the snorkeling tour, and saw several turtles along with many colorful fish. Akima was a great guide. She explained everything we needed to know and helped to identify what we were seeing. We even forgot one of our cameras and she arranged to…
Date of experience: June 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hawaii Real Nature Tours
Excellent snorkeling tour
My husband and kids had the best time with Bob as their guide. Two had never snorkeled before and it was a very pos…
Swimming with turtles and Bob was the Bomb!
Visiting from SF with my 4 teenagers-we wanted to do something fun on the North Shore. Snorkeling with Bob was gre…
Amazing day and Awesome tour guide!!
I went on an excursion with my sister and two friends and we had an amazing time! Akima was our tour guide and I hi…
Excellent time, lots of knowledge!
Akima was very friendly, had lots of knowledge and was very fun! She took us to many local places and shared lots o…
Great overview of Oahu with fun knowledgeable guide
Akima drove us all over Oahu from our cruise port to the surf breaks on the north shore and all the way around the …
Snorkeling in Sharks Cove
Great experience with a patient guide. Very good for people inexperienced in snorkeling. we got to see quite a bi…
Great Tour Guide Not Great Weather
Akima Kai, our guide was amazing. My fiance does not know how to swim and she made sure we were both comfortable an…
Robert was great!
Robert met us in the morning and accessed our skill level. Then we went out. Very comfortable time in the water, a…
Turtle Cove Snorkeling
Great snorkeling tour to do with family/friends. Plenty of fish in the water and we were even able to see a few se…
North Shore Snorkelling tour
This morning I went on the north shore snorkelling tour with Akima. It was fantastic to have a guide show me the si…
North shore Turtle Cove Snorkeling
Knowledgeable, friendly and fun tour guide! We were shown spots of high interest we may not have seen on our own, a…
A vacation highlight!!
FOR SURE a “must do” when visiting Oahu!! Although you can go to Sharks Cove on your own, (which we’d done 2 days b…
Best snorkel guide ever!
Our guide, Akima, was absolutely amazing! We had two teenager inexperienced swimmers whom she paid very careful, pa…
Snorkeling at Sharks Cove, Pupukea
What an awesome experience made better by our awesome guide, Bob! We were thinking of buying the gear ourselves - b…
Road to Hana...Amazing!
We booked a private road to Hana tour that took about 12 hours and we were not disappointed. Our driver Robert was …
- Duration: 1h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452