View all photos (139)
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Explore one of Kauai’s most sacred places on this Wailua River combo tour. A guide shares the river’s ancient history as you kayak through a tropical forest at a pace suitable for all experience levels. Then, disembark for a hike through the Wailua River Valley to reach the legendary Secret Falls, where you can cool off with a swim. Choose from a morning or afternoon tour to suit your schedule.
- Travel through the sacred Wailua River Valley by land and by water
- Paddle up the river in a kayak; no experience necessary
- Hike through a tropical landscape to reach a ‘secret’ waterfall
- Guide shares the area's rich history and ancient legends
What to Expect
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and meet your guide in Kapa’a. After a short drive to the Wailua Marina, get a brief lesson in kayak safety and paddling techniques before beginning your journey 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometer) upriver. Along the way, learn about the river’s sacred history and the seven temples that once lined its banks. Park your kayak near the north fork and hike into the lush tropical landscape of the Wailua River Valley. After 45 minutes, reach beautiful Uluwehi Falls, also known as Secret Falls. It's the perfect spot to cool off with a swim in natural pools before retracing your steps back to the marina.
3-4684 Kuhio Hwy, Lihue, HI 96766, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- All activities
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Use of backpack style dry bag
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinking water
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We depart immediately after check-in so no late arrivals will be permitted
- Not recommended for participants with recent back, knee or ankle injuries
- No open wounds
- Participants must be in good physical condition and able to hike approximately two miles through rocky, muddy and slippery terrain
- Must wear shoes that are secure to your feet. No flip flops.
- Please bring plenty of water.
- Other recommended items to bring: swimsuits, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, snacks, and a towel.
- Ziploc bags should be used for cell phones or cameras that are not waterproof
- No alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with recent knee, ankle or back injuries
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Duke's Kayak Adventures
Once in a lifetime experience!!!
Such an amazing hike! Brian was an AWESOME tour guide - knowledgable, accommodating and makes the tour down right…
Great kayaking and hiking tour
Had great weather so the slopes weren't as muddy as usual which made for a nice hike to Secret Falls after the…
Los Angeles, California4323
Cancelled tour last minute!!!
I had booked the 7:00 AM Wailua River and Secret Falls Kayak and Hiking tour with Duke's Kayak through Viator for…
My wife and I had a great time kayaking and hiking on this tour. Brian was an amazing guide and really made the…
Understated difficulty of hiking experience
Our guide Brian lived up to our expectations from the previous reviews. He did an excellent job making the best of…
Adventure of a Lifetime
We are on our 20 year anniversary, and both first time Hawaii travelers. We wanted to start our vacation with an…
Best experience in Kauai!
Wow, we had such a great day kayaking and hiking up to Secret falls! Beautiful scenery at the waterfall, and along…
Colorado Springs, Colorado22
Memorable Kayak/Hike Tour
Dukes Adventures and guide Brian did not disappoint! My wife and I have been planning this trip and we will take…
Secret falls hike
Brian is a great guide and very animated. He has stories for days and all the animals clearly love him. You will…
A beautiful day floating down the Wailua river!
My wife and I really enjoyed our kayaking tour to secret falls. Paddling down the Wailua river was more beautiful…
- Duke's Kayak Adventures, Wailua River State Park, and 1 more
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452