View all photos (34)
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
See multiple sides of Kauai on this guided kayak adventure to Hidden Valley Falls. Paddle along the Huleia River with views of the Haupu Mountains, and hike a forest trail to a waterfall. Cool off with a refreshing dip in a swimming hole while listening to your guide’s stories about the history and legends of the area. A motorized canoe allows you to relax on the return trip.
- Get a close-up view of Kauai by paddling through the heart of the island
- Hear little-known stories about the area from your guide
- Relax on the return journey in a motorized canoe
- Lunch, snacks, and soft drinks included
What to Expect
Meet your guide and group at the prearranged time and location—it’s advised you bring swimwear, a towel, insect repellant, sunscreen, waterproof camera, and sturdy footwear suitable for wet conditions. After being outfitted with safety equipment and selecting your deluxe two-person kayak, you push off and explore the Huleia National Wildlife Refuge. Paddle past the Menehune Fishpond, an archaeological site that shows ancient aquaculture methods, and soak up the views of the Haupu Mountain Range. Pull your kayak up to the shore then head out for an invigorating 1.5-mile (2.4-kilometer) hike through pristine rainforest. Splash around in the pool-drop waterfalls of Hidden Falls and listen as your guide recounts local legends. Enjoy snacks and soft drinks before heading back down to the river for a return trip in a motor-powered canoe. Bid your group farewell as your tour concludes back at original departure point.
2494 Niumalu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Snacks and beverages
- Picnic lunch
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 20 passengers per tour
- Approximately one guide for every 8 - 12 passengers
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
- Picnic lunch includes: turkey sub sandwich, pasta salad & homemade brownies
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Outfitters Kauai
The Kipu Zipline Safari Tour was awesome!
The Kipu Zipline Safari Tour was awesome! Elena was a wonderful tour guide as well as Chloe and the others that…
Great guides, fun Kayaking up the river, hiking through the jungle and zip lining through the trees.
We loved this experience! The final zip line ride was Superman style and over 4000 feet! We definitely recommend…
The zip line was amazing! I felt very confident in our guides ability. Great lunch. Swimming in the hidden pond…
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Tour
Elvis made this tour fun and informative. Although we kayaked up river, the kayaking was easy and the hike to the…
Great kayaking, treacherous hiking
Let me start by saying that the staff of Outfitters Kauai are very helpful. We took the Hidden Falls kayaking…
Dakota Dunes, South Dakota50
zip line, hike, kayak trip
Nice entertaining trip. Safe for middleagers. Recommend bringing two pairs shoes. One for the water portion…
Best Day in Kauai!
This was a great tour - lots of variety, beautiful setting and loads of fun! We loved paddle boarding, jumping…
Santa Barbara, California10
Kayak, Hike, Zipline
Overall great experience, guides were knowledgeable and friendly. Kept a great pace for our group which had some…
Great kayak adventure with Adam
Third kayak trip along the south shore over the past 6 years. Adam was our guide on all three trips. His local…
- Huleia National Wildlife Refuge, Outfitters Kauai
- Duration: 4h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071