Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The pinnacle of our flights east of Christchurch, this tour first sees you fly over the city centre to view the progress of the massive rebuild. Then it’s on to the beautiful Banks Peninsula and the picturesque French harbour settlement of Akaroa, before touching down on a mountain top to take in yet more magnificent views. Our pilots will personalise this experience for you by sharing their local knowledge and insights of our big backyard as you fly over remarkable sights and landmarks, including; Burnside Park, Sumner Cliffs, Rapaki Track, Quail, the Akaroa French Settlement and more. We have plenty to share with you and can’t wait for you to experience it.
- You'll start atChristchurch Helicopters25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 7676, New Zealand25 Aviation Drive - Enter the Harewood Aviation Park and Christchurch Helicopters is the first on your rightSee address & details
- Pass byChristchurchAkaroaBanks Peninsula
- You'll end atChristchurch Helicopters25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 7676, New Zealand25 Aviation Drive - Enter the Harewood Aviation Park and Christchurch Helicopters is the first on your rightSee address & details
Christchurch Helicopters, 25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 7676, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- A landing on a mountain top
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Christchurch Helicopters
One of the best experiences of my life
The weather wasn't playing the game in the morning, but Jess kept in contact regularly and made sure I could get up…
We had booked for a morning flight but the weather didn’t play the game. Jess was brilliant at keeping us informed …
Exciting activity for tourists in Christchurch!
We wanted to find an activity to do after the COVID-19 lockdown ended. Fortunately for us, Jess from Christchurch H…
Husband and father in law
The flight was a 94th birthday gift for Louis,my father in law, absolutley loved the flight up to an old ski field …
Fantastic - kids are still raving about it!
Had a fantastic time - kids are still raving about it. Also found it a lot easier than I imagined as I'm a bit of …
We’re from Canada and were visiting my brother and partner in Ashburton when I realized he had never been on a he…
Fantasic trip to Banks Peninsula
There were four of us in the party, and this really was an incredible experience. The pilot was very informative, w…
I was gifted this helicopter flight for Christmas... The flight was 45 minutes long so perfect for a first timer li…
Experience of a lifetime
Christchurch Helicopters, what a professional and friendly organization. My family and I were luckily enough to do …
A memorable day!
Christchurch helicopters flew my daughter and son in law around banks peninsula for photos and then on to their wed…
Was my first time flying by helicopter and Christchurch Helicopters made me feel super safe and welcome. You can se…
Had an amazing flight with chch helicopters!
The staff were so friendly and helpful which made the experience extra enjoyable. Would definitely recommend for an…
Highly recommend - must do experience!
We had such an incredible time and loved our flight! It was our own little private tour with the pilot, Travis as o…
Amazing experience, best flight i've been on
Amazing flight over the city with a really knowledgeable pilot. The machine was super comfortable and safe and prov…
Awesome flight with Richie
Incredible flight over Christchurch and the volcano peninsula, just a big wow! Thank you Richie and Team for this u…
- Duration: 1h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Discover Christchurch Sightseeing Tour with optional International Antarctic Center Admission
from PHP 2,467.09*
Popular: Booked by 149 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic
Which attractions will I visit with Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic on Tripadvisor
How much is Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic?
Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic price starts from ₱36,220.87. Discover and book Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic on Tripadvisor
What is the Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic cancellation policy?
Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic?
Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic is hosted by Christchurch Helicopters. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Christchurch Helicopters on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Scenic on Tripadvisor