View all photos (15)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Head to the forests south of Hobart for a full-day nature trip. Take a walk through the treetops at the Tahune Airwalk, reachings heights of 40 meters. From here, view the great forest canopy and Huon River or take a stroll on solid ground, for an easier option. Explore the caves of Hastings Reserve and finish up with a dip in the natural hot springs.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Tahune AdventuresStop: 10 hours - Admission includedToday’s tour takes us south of Hobart through the picturesque Huon Valley a region famous for its abundant produce of apples, pears, cherries and fish farming. Our first adventure for today is to explore the Tahune Forest Airwalk. We head up the short hill to begin our walk along the Cantilever. It stretches for 597 m through the treetops. Enjoy the sensation of being suspended above the Huon River with breathtaking views across the treetops and surrounding mountains. We have time to explore and enjoy more walking here at Tahune. We can take on a longer walk (45mins) to experience the “Swinging Bridges”. With a 50m span across the river this is another thrilling experience and makes for fabulous photos! For a more “tame” experience there is the easy 20 minute Huon Pine Walk where these famous and unique local trees grow alongside the river with some as old as 2000 years, a delightful and enchanting short walk. We continue our journey south to the Hastings Cave Reserve. This is a quiet, remote and spectacular area where we enjoy a variety of activities and soak up the unique atmosphere. Bring your swimming gear and jump into the Thermal Springs swimming pool where the water is always 28 degrees, fed by the naturally heated waters of the thermal springs nearby. OR just relax in the beautiful forest surrounds, wander along the Hot Springs Nature Trail where the warm water meets the cool water, and also home to the unique & playful Platypus, keep your eye out for this elusive local. We head underground to explore the spectacular cave which is Australia’s largest tourist Dolomite Cave. We join the underground tour expertly conducted by the National Parks & Wildlife guides. The cave temperature is always 9 degrees so bring your jumper along. Our return to Hobart allows us the opportunity to make some short stops along the way. There is opportunity to stop at the many roadside stalls and collect some delicious local produce such as Cherries, Berries, Apples, Ice-creams and also a stop for a honey tasting along the way. (fruit & produce stops are seasonal and may also vary due to changeable operating hours of the various operators.) We return to Hobart City accommodation around 5.30-6.00pm.Read more
- Explore Hobart’s natural surroundings on a day trip to the Southern Forests
- Walk 40 meters in the air at the Tahune Airwalk and view the Huon River
- Head 40 meters below ground with a guided tour at Hastings Reserve
- Take a dip in the natural hot springs surrounding by beautiful forests
What to Expect
After a pickup from your Hobart hotel, head to the Huon Valley, an area famous for its apple orchards. The first stop is the Tahune Airwalk where you can walk across the treetops on a walkway suspended 40 meters in the air. Back on the ground, walk through the forest and visit the “Swinging Bridges” crossing the Picton and Huon Rivers. Stop at lookout points along the way to Hastings Reserve and listen to informative commentary from your guide. Soak up the beautiful fresh air at the natural hot springs in the Hastings Reserve. Take a dip in the balmy 28-degree Celsius water and wander down the nature trail to see if you can spot a platypus. Finally, head 40 meters underground to explore the Dolomite Caves with expert guides from the reserve, before heading back to your hotel.
- National park entrance fees
- Tahune Airwalk entrance fees
- Hastings Caves & Thermal Springs Pool fees
- Guided Tour of Hastings Caves
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small, friendly groups
- We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on tour.
- We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- This is an active tour and walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7:00am and 7:30am depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
About the operator
By: Tours Tasmania
Great day out
Beautiful tour, our guide Audrey was fantastic! Got to see a few of Hobarts top sights in one day, definitely…
London, United Kingdom16595
Wonderful day out
This is a really good trip starting at 7am and finishing after 18.00. Our driver Nick was brilliant, very…
Great value tour
We had the pleasure of having Connor as our tour leader, a very polite young man. He has great knowledge of the…
Port Arthur historic trip
Great day for this site. Not too sunny or hot. The bus tour operator Nick was excellent. He wad informative and…
Great tours and Connor was fantastic
I did two one day trip departing Hobart - 1 day on Maria Island and 1 day Port Arthur & Devils and it was amazing.…
We had a great time with this tour!
My husband and I made the tour on Jan.,21st. Our guide was Beth, a very attentive and knowledgeable young lady.…
Awesome Day Trip from Hobart!
Our family of 3 (all adults) spent a lovely day on a small group tour. First, the tour was easy to book through…
Auckland, New Zealand10231
A nice hike to the lookout
Andrew picked us up on time and he was nice chatty guide. The itinerary was as following Stop 1: Sorell to grab a…
Port Arthur and Lavender Farm
Andrew was a knowledgeable and interesting guide. The tour was very well organized and a lot was packed into it.…
Dorset, United Kingdom20
Informative Day Out
Delightful day out. Port Arthur is a must for anybody interested in Australian history. Our guide Dan was very…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452