Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (49)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Step aboard a traditional wooden paddlewheel boat to see Brisbane's top sights from the water on an evening dinner cruise. Book your cruise ahead of time to avoid the disappointment of sold-out nights and to have your vacation planned in advance. While on the boat, enjoy live onboard entertainment, unobstructed waterfront views, and a buffet meal of local Australian products and drinks.
- Cruise on a traditional paddlewheel boat constructed of Queensland timber
- Contemporary buffet dinner of meat, salads, desserts, and drinks
- Unobstructed views and photo ops of the Brisbane skyline at night
- Enjoy an evening of live music and dancing
What to Expect
Arrive at Eagle Street Pier in time to board your dinner cruise. Step aboard the traditional wooden paddlewheel boat, crafted from Queensland timber, and find a comfortable seat on deck for unobstructed views of the Brisbane skyline as it lights up at night. Enjoy the ambiance of a peaceful river cruise as you sit down to a buffet dinner of contemporary dishes that showcase Australian produce and other local products—dishes such as confit beef, oven-baked fish, potato salad, green pea salad, and desserts such as lemon cheesecake and panna cotta (see Itinerary for sample menu). You can also enjoy soft drinks, juice, sparkling wine, spirits, Australian wine, and beer included with your dinner. After dinner wraps up, listen to live classical music and modern favorites as you hit the dance floor. Then, head back to Eagle Street Pier; the rest of the evening is yours.
Kookaburra Showboat Cruises, Eagle Street Pier, 1 Eagle Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- Contemporary buffet lunch
- Live entertainment
- Dance floor
- Soft drink, juice, bubbles, selected beers, Australian wines, whiskey, gin, vodka, bourbon, tea and coffee
- Restroom on board
- Explore the decks, meet the Captain in tne Bridge and steer the vessel
- Brisbane river view and city night light
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All other alcoholic drinks (available to purchase on board)
- Limited Wheelchair access - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer.
- Mobility issues: The stairs on each of our vessels can be an issue for some people with mobility issues. We can accommodate wheelchairs up to 63cm only. Motorised scooters are prohibited on board any cruise. Please contact our office and advise of any mobility issues prior to your cruise i.e walking frames, cannot navigate stairs, wheelchairs or guide dogs and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Please advise our office of any dietary requirements prior to your cruise. We can accommodate for Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Halal, Vegetarian and vegan on request. Please advise of any dietary requirements prior to your cruise and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol
- We can cater to Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free and Dairy Free only
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My wife and chose the river cruise as a way to see Brisbane at night. We were not disappointed. The cruise includes a buffet meal. I would consider the meal to be a typical buffet. There was beef, pork and fish as well as a vegetarian option. It was a good meal. The night…
This was an OK experience. The cruise itself was great but the food was just ok overall. The staff appeared to be overwhelmed by the number of guests and did not provide drinks as quickly as they should have.
We booked online and paid a month in advance to go on the kokuburra paddleboat for a special dinner. 2 days we where advised that there was no space on the paddleboat we asked to move to the following week but they where already booked (later we discovered that was not case). …
Date of experience: February 2020
The staff couldn’t have been more accommodating. My daughter is a vegan and had a good selection of food delivered to the table. We all enjoyed the food, service, drinks and river views. We would go again the next time visiting our daughter in Australia.
Awesome, great entertainment, staff friendly, night cruise great the city is beautiful at night , there could have been a bit more choice of food, quite basic although it was tasty.
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Kookaburra Showboat Cruises
My partner and I booked a special night cruise and it lived up to every expectation. The food, service and atmosph…
Great way to see Brisbane lights!
Just back from the Kookaburra cruise. The boat is a large paddle boat. There are 2 floors set with tables and a top…
Really good value and a great way to see the city
We live in Brisbane but had been given a voucher for the High Tea on Kookaburra Queen as a gift. We decided to do …
Really couldn’t have asked for anything more. What a great way to orient yourself on the Brisbane geography from th…
Sunday Dinner Cruise - Superb
We came as a couple, holidaying in Brisbane, decided to do a dinner cruise. Apparently the Sunday evening cruise is…
Not as advertised
1. Changed the boat to the voyager. People book to go on a vintage boat and get a poorly maintained "modern boat").…
Friends lunch out.
Lovely afternoon on the Brisbane River with my best friend, great food and music. Very friendly, helpful staff.
We booked this trip in NZ and were looking forward to it as it was a birthday treat however we boarded at 6 30 pm a…
We had a fantastic time enjoyed the bottomless drinks and delicious high tea all served by the wonderful Jean! Best…
Everything perfect. Superb friendly staff. Super food and entertainment. Thoroughly enjoyed the Kookuburra. Going b…
Treated like royalty
Very friendly staff and a bountiful buffet lunch. Sparkling wine and beer were included in our ticket and our serve…
A beautiful cruise around the river staff was fantastic from booking in to us leaving the cruise we had a beautiful…
We chose the lunch time cruise. It was well worth it. Table allocation and a suite of complimentary drinks together…
Kookaburra Lunch Cruise
The staff were very accommodating as friends also booked on the same cruise and was no trouble to include them our …
Random Day Out
It was school holidays and we wanted to do something special with the kids. We had heard about the kookaburra so bo…
- The Brisbane River, Rivers Showboat Cruises, and 1 more
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Popular: Booked by 5,313 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 399 travelers!