View all photos (103)
Select Date and Travelers
Free Cancellation up to 30 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Camping in the Australian Outback can be daunting, but this 2-night tour of Watarrka National Park and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park makes it easy. See the highlights of the two parks and sleep out under the stars with all equipment and transportation from Alice Springs or Ayers Rock Resort included.
- Uluru, Kata Tjuta, and Kings Canyon guided tour with pre-arranged details
- Plenty of drinking water—travelers simply bring their own bottle
- Meals and camping equipment for sleeping under the stars provided
- Round-trip transportation lets travelers focus on the scenery
What to Expect
Be ready for pickup in Alice Springs or Ayers Rock Resort with enough clothing for the duration and a water bottle. Then proceed directly to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. During the journey, focus on the scenery and your guide's commentary instead of worrying about directions and traffic. Once you arrive, take a walk around Uluru's base and peruse the cultural center before setting up camp at a private site for dinner and a night's sleep under the stars. All camping equipment is provided, so you can travel light. Day Two starts with a desert sunrise and then a short drive over to Kata Tjuta, where you can explore the 36 domes and learn about their formation through your guide’s commentary. Take a hike through the Valley of the Winds and then break for lunch and depart for Kings Canyon, where the group will spend the night. Spend Day Three in Watarrka National Park, trekking 3.7 miles (6 kilometers) along the rim of the canyon to see the Garden of Eden, the Lost City, and the Amphitheater. Eat one last lunch with your group and guide, ask any remaining questions you may have about the area, and return to your departure city for drop-off.
Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Red Centre, Northern Territory Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned minibus
- All meals (as listed on itineraries)
- Camping equipment and fees including swag
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
- For all tours departing from 01 April 2019 National Park Entry fee is included in total cost.
- National Park Entry fee payable direct to the supplier for all tours departing until 31 March 2019.
- Lunch on day 1 (for clients joining in Ayers Rock)
- Camping on this tour is done so in swags. For guests requiring a tent there is a AU$60 per person hire fee payable direct on date of travel. Tents are limited and must be requested to the local supplier prior to your tour departure.
- Field of Light is an optional extra on night 1. We strongly recommend pre-booking prior to arrival as spaces are limited and sell out quickly. The cost is $42 per adult and $30 per child payable direct to Wayoutback Australian Safaris upon booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Safari is not suitable for children.
- We recommend guests arrive on the Jetstar or Virgin Australia flights into Ayers Rock.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack. Excess luggage should be stored at your Alice Springs accommodation. If commencing at Ayers Rock please ensure you have one day pack and a soft overnight bag/backpack with the items you require for the 3 days packed inside as your large luggage will be stored in the vehicle/trailer and will not be accessible during this time.
- Minimum age is 18 years
If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 7 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 75 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 14 and 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
By: Wayoutback Australian Safaris
Great sights, but more of a backpacking tour than a ‘Comfortable Safari’ experience
The itinerary for this tour and all the sights you see are spectacular and the tour group was friendly and nice.…
The trip was very organised and full of fun. Sarah, our tour guide, was fantastic at guiding us and provided us…
You can't wash of the red
I cannot recommend the 5 day camping trip highly enough through the outback. Our guide the incredibly…
Amazing adventure in the outback!
My mum and I did the 3 day Kakadu/Lichtfield Nationalpark tour. Sara was our guide and she was absolutely amazing,…
The highlight of my Darwin trip
Ticked all the boxes Great guide - thanks Josh tick Yummy lunch tick Swimming in a gorgeous waterfall tick…
Overnight 4wd tour of Uluru
Emma was our guide for the tour. She was energetic and knowledgeable which made our time most enjoyable. We…
Can't recommend them highly enough
Alex was a great tour guide, friendly and knowledgeable. Comfy 4wd tour vehicle and tents with the option to…
Exciting, fascinating, lovely
Pro organization, still Easy going and friendly. Took us to some places where I couldn't have gone without them.…
Excellent tour. Great choice of activities and the guide was friendly. Pacing of the trip was just right. I would…
Amazing 5 day experience
Absolute bang for your buck! This 5 day package is great value. I still can’t comprehend how many wonderful sites…
- Uluru, Ayers Rock and the Olgas, and 3 more
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 30 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 30 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
More options from Wayoutback Australian Safaris
from $518.48* $585.19
from $642.28* $708.92