Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow including Lunch
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (500)
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Tick off two of Krakow’s top attractions in just one day on a hassle-free day trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum and the Wieliczka Salt Mine. As well as guaranteeing your entry to both of these often sold-out landmarks, this tour includes all entrance fees, hotel pickup, and lunch. Plus, during the journey to Auschwitz, stay occupied with an onboard documentary about the Nazi concentration camp.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Krakow Shuttle - Tours
- 1Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-BirkenauStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Wieliczka Salt MineStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Take a hassle-free tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Stay occupied during the journey by watching an onboard documentary
- Guarantee entry to the often sold-out attractions
- Convenient hotel pickup and drop-off are included
What to Expect
Your tour begins with hotel pickup in the morning. Once aboard your air-conditioned coach, watch a documentary about the Nazi concentration camps of Europe. On arrival at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, join a tour with an official guide, and learn about the history of the Holocaust. Then, transfer to Birkenau, the neighboring complex, to continue your tour with the same guide. In between the two attractions, enjoy a boxed lunch. For the second part of the day, explore the UNESCO-listed Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the oldest working salt mines in the world. Descend to the subterranean tunnels via a wooden stairway, and explore chambers filled with salt carvings and statues. This guided tour concludes with drop-off at your Krakow hotel.
Lesser Poland Province, Lesser Poland Province, Southern Poland
- Door-to-door transportation (Free hotel Pick-up)
- Documentary movie
- Lunch set
- English speaking guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau and Salt Mine
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed to carry on the Museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 cm. You can always leave your belongings inside the bus which will be parked nearby.
- Please note that this tour is not available on: 25th of December, 1st of January, Easter Saturday afternoon, Easter Sunday and March of the Living Day.
- Please note that to reach the first level of the mine (64 meters underground), You have to descent a wooden stairway which has 378 stairs. After the tour, You will be taken up to the surface with a lift.
- Temperature in the Salt Mine is approximately 14 degrees C (57 degrees F), please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes.
- Adult pricing applies to all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
First class guides who were passionate and emotive. Lunch was lovely. Everything went without a hitch and the video film shown on route to the concentration camps was a true eye opener. Although a very long and exhausting day it was well worth the money. Just a tip, you now have…
Date of experience: March 2020
I booked the trip in advance of traveling, and the value was excellent. We booked via krakowshuttle.com and received an email 12 hrs prior to the trip advising time of collection from our hotel. The shuttle made multiple stops collecting the others in the group which took about…
Date of experience: March 2020
Such an eye opening and thoughtful trip. The full day was long (7am-6pm) but so worth it. The guide was a lovely man who helped when needed. The lunch provided was exceptional. I would highly recommend.
Very well organised trip with our driver arriving at the allocated time and all the pre communication was great. Thomaz our driver was great and the day went very smoothly. Our guides were really informative and lunch was an added bonus. Would highly recommend. The visit to…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Krakow Shuttle - Tours
Very pleasant experience
Flight was early & only had hand luggage so through quickly but driver waiting, took us safely to our hotel, pointi…
We used Mr Shuttle for airport pickup and departure as well as 2 trips. Our flight landed early but our driver was …
S E C00
Organised, on time. Great tour.
Fantastic tour. Picked up on time, we were well locked after and informed. Couldn’t fault the whole experience. Tha…
Wow wow wow
Fantastic place to visit well worth going to. Lots of stairs and walking but dont let that put you off.
Great.....but in a hurry
Myself and my wife went to the salt miners 8th March 2020 our guide was Anna. We got picked up by the transport fr…
Amazing Salt Mines
Just a short trip from our hotel. Amazing salt sculptures and chapels. Definite must see as part of the Krak9w exp…
Great tour...if you're near the front
This is a great tour to go on if you can manage the 54 flights of stairs on the way down (there's a lift to return …
We used Mr.Shuttle for airport transfer to and from the airport. Both drivers ( one was Pawel) were on time, polite…
Great service. We done a tour & also got transport back to the airport. The driver was waiting for us each time we …
Must do Krakow trips
Booked the 2 day packages Auschwitz Birkenau and Wieliczka salt mine trip with Mr Shuttle. Excellent service. Pick …
Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow
Really interesting tour. Our guide Marek was outstanding and funny too. Scale of the mine is enormous - and we only…
Everything was organised for us all we had to do was turn up. We were picked up and dropped off straight from the h…
The trip was fascinating and well worth doing. Our guide Marec was excellent, giving a full explanation of everythi…
All tours and transfers booked with Mr Shuttle great trips
Airport transfers were great there and back. 3 Tours we booked with them were also very well executed and picked up…
Salt mine Karkow
Extremely informative, excellent guide very knowledgeable she brought humour to the experience and fantastic carv…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 8,922 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,276 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 2,777 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,767 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 10,285 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 13,993 travelers!