View all photos (223)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
On this Northern Lights tour, travel outside Reykjavik with a guide who knows the area’s dark country roads. Relax on a coach bus as you head to the best viewing spots, hearing about the science of this unique natural phenomenon and its related Icelandic folklore. You also get great photography advice, and if for some reason you don’t see the lights, you can take another trip for free.
You’ll have 5 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1IcelandStop: 4 hours -Before setting off on the Northern Lights tour, our specialists and guides make a decision of where the best possible chances to see the lights are. That means that there is no fixed location visited, and the destination is selected on a day-to-day basis. We can say with certainty that the Aurora Borealis is one of the most unique spectacles that life on Earth has to offer. That is why we make every effort to provide an unforgettable Northern Lights experience to our passengers with daily tours, supervised by our expert guides. After operating Northern Lights hunting tours for many years, we know a thing or two about finding the best possible viewing conditions. Before each tour, we study the weather forecasts to help us decide what the best location that night will be. If the conditions are right, you may be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights swirling in a wild and carefree dance across the heavens, painting dramatic shapes, colors and patterns on the night sky.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Book in advance to secure your spot on this popular Northern Lights tour
- Save money with convenient pickup and drop-off at select meeting points
- Get tips on how to set up your camera for the best photos of the lights
- Your guide gets you in the spirit of this tour by sharing Icelandic myths
- Guaranteed Northern Lights sighting or get a ticket to take the tour again
What to Expect
Hop aboard a comfortable coach bus and ride through the city toward Iceland’s countryside on the lookout for Aurora Borealis. On the way to the best viewing spots, your guide tells you about the science behind the lights, as well as folklore surrounding them. Your guide takes you to some of the best places to see the Northern Lights in Iceland. The darker the night sky, the better the chances are to see this unique natural phenomenon. Your guide also shares tips for the best way to photograph the lights. At the end of your tour, head back to your departure point with some awesome photos and amazing memories.
Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland Gray Line Iceland HQ, Klettagarðar 4, 104 Reykjavík, Iceland Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If the tour is cancelled due to weather, clients can re-book for another evening free of charge, or get a refund. If the tour goes ahead but no northern lights can be seen, clients can re-book for another evening free of charge but no refund is offered.
- Passengers will be dropped off at their original pickup point or as close as possible.
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings cannot be guaranteed
- It is important to dress appropriately for this tour, warm clothing is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour lasts between 3-5 hours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Gray Line Iceland
Fantastic day with an outstanding guide
Very nice tour across some beautiful places geyser waterfall secret lagoon. The guide Darren was fantastic in the…
London, United Kingdom3111
Great guide, awesome sights!
Great trip with waterfalls, Vik Village & black sand beaches! Would recommend! The guide was very knowledgeable…
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom12148
We had an excellent day out and this trip was included in our package .we had jude as our guide and he made our…
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom31
This was our first tour and first trip to Iceland. We were really pleased with the quality of the travel, the ease…
Long Beach, California2010
Northern Lights Tour was disappointing
We used Grayline for a number of tours, including a half day tour of Reykjavik and all airport transfers, as well…
Kilbarchan, United Kingdom2917
Wonderful tour, great tour guides and excellent transport. Only slight demerit was the lack of earphones for the…
Wakefield, United Kingdom70
Fantastic company. Very knowledgeable guides. Have above and beyond. Defiantly recommend. We did get to see the…
Private airport transfer
On time, nice clean vehicle, made arrival simple. Cost efficient for our group of 6 adults. Thanks!!
Frodsham, United Kingdom51
Outstanding customer service. Would highly recommend this company for airport shuttles and trips. I assumed we…
Fantastic for fantasy, history and geology fans
Game of thrones tour. 18th February 2020. I was a little skeptical about this tour as I love GOT, fantasy and…
- Duration: 3–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Japanese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071