Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (34)
Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Via EtneaStop: 6 hours - Admission includedDuring "The Godfather" tour, you will walk along the authentic picturesque streets of Savoca and Forza d'Agro remained unchanged since the movie was made, visit ancient churches, famous Bar Vitelli where Michael Corleone asked Apollonia's father her hand in marriage, church where they married, and other movie locations. Optionally, you may taste perfect Sicilian wines and locally produced food sitting on a terrace with a panoramic view of the Ionian coast and surrounding countryside at one of the best wine bars in Savoca, and have traditional fish dinner at a fine fish restaurant in Forza d'Agro. First stop is Savoca, an unspoilt medieval town that near Taormina that acted as stand-in for Corleone where Michael was hiding out during the "going to the mattresses" time. Here you will visit Bar Vitelli that looks exactly the way it did in the movie, and see the exact spot where Al Pacino informed Apollonia's father that his name was Michael Corleone, and that "there are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information, but then your daughter would lose a father instead of gaining a husband". Here you can take pictures with an authentic Sicilian shotgun "Lupara", see pictures from the movie and a mirror monument for Coppola, enjoy panoramic view of the Mediterranean opening from the square where the wedding ceremony scene was shot, purchase The Godfather souvenirs, and - "leave the gun, take the cannoli" - taste original Sicilian cannoli and lemon granita at Bar Vitelli. Then you will walk to an ancient church of Santa Lucia, where Michael and Apollonia were married kneeling in the doorway. Then follow the same path down the hill that the newlyweds did, and visit another old church dating back to the 13th century. Walking along the fabulous streets of Savoca, on a good day you can also meet some actors - for example a lady who played Apollonia's mother and who still lives in Savoca. Later, optionally you can visit Enoteca near Santa Lucia church, and on a terrace with romantic sea view taste Sicilian red and white wines paired with traditional food (locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciutto, caponata, home-made jelly, olives, extra virgin olive oil and fresh home-made bread). The tour will continue in Forza d'Agro, another stunning hilltop town with a "Godfather" connection. You will walk the abandoned streets ("Where have all men gone?" - "They're dead from vendettas"), explore the historic square and see the pictures from the movie, visit ancient churches, see the piazza where young Vito Andolini (later Vito Corleone) escaped Don Ciccio's men by hiding in a basket on a donkey's back, walk up to see the remains of a 12th century Norman castle, admire delightful panoramic view of the Ionian coastline, and get a flavor of the Sicilian pastoral lifestyle remained unchanged since ancient times. Then, you can optionally have lunch or dinner at one of the best fish restaurants in Sicily and taste many kinds of traditional fish dishes with Sicilian red and white wines.Read more
- Private tour exclusively for your party – nobody else, to ensure the highest standards for our guests.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in Catania by private comfortable air-conditioned car
- Round trip transportation by private air-conditioned car that operates only for you
- Personal local English speaking driver/guide
- Walking tour of Savoca and Forza d'Agro
- Explanation of The Godfather movie and the real Mafia history
- Food and wine tasting in Savoca (if option selected)
- Dinner at a fish restaurant in Forza d'Agro (if option selected)
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Via Etnea
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- We have private tours, only for your party, however at the beginning of the excursion we will give each guest a mask, protective gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had one of the best days of our Mediterranean cruise on a private tour of the Godfather movie sites in Sicily with Prestelli's guide Omar. Seeing and standing on the locations of such memorable scenes - particularly the wedding - of the iconic movie series was a thrill. And…
2 Helpful votes
Marco was waiting for us at the port at expected and had fruit from his garden! We were pleasantly surprised by his amazing attention to detail and knowledge of Godfather information! Our friend is a super fan and the two were able to exchange info, ideas and made for a…
Date of experience: June 2019
2 Helpful votes
Svetlana-and-Leonid wrote a review Apr 2019Washington DC, District of Columbia26 contributions9 helpful votes
During our stay in Catania we took this exciting tour to the most famous Sicilian Godfather filming spots - Savoca and Forza D'Agro. Our wonderful guide Marco shared with us a lot of interesting details about the Godfather filming process, introduced us to the owner of the…
Date of experience: April 2019
2 Helpful votes
Our guide Fabio was on time and greeted us with Sicilian traditional sweets (which I hasten to add was not part of the package). Nice drive to the area where the Godfather was filmed whilst at the same time showing us and telling us history of Sicily along the way. Our…
Date of experience: September 2018
2 Helpful votes
Bruno was our driver for several outings one of which was the godfather tour. Always on time and arriving with a smile. He was a pleasure to be around, spoke fine English, was agreeable and knowledgeable about Godfather info as well as history and politics of Sicily.. We were…
Date of experience: May 2018
1 Helpful vote
Response from Nadezelina, Owner at Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner
Responded 2 Jun 2018
Dear Beth, greetings from sunny Sicily! Thank you very much for your warm words! Bruno was absolutely happy to read your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the Godfather tour with Bruno. When next time you will be to Sicily - just let us know - we would be happy to organize other tours for you, for example, Taormina private walking tour with food and wine tasting, or private tour of Sicilian countryside with lunch at an old mileston farmhouse. Thanks a lot for taking your time and sharing such a beautiful feedback! We look forward to meeting you in Sicily again! Nadia
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Prestelli Sicily Tours
The best tour we’ve ever had!
We booked a walking tour with Prestelli . Chiara is extremely knowledgeable and she knows not only the history bu…
Travel agent review- AMAZING!!!
I am a travel agent and have been on many tours. Our private tour with Marco was nothing short of amazing. We wer…
Excellent private tour to Etna!
Great last day to our Sicily Trip! We did a private Prestelli tour from Taormina to Etna and it was everything we …
Excellent tour of Etna with Marco!
Marco picked us up at our hotel and took us on a day-long adventure of three of the best wineries in the Etna regio…
Was my second tour with this company last November.The tour was very good and Matilde our guide, kind and very prof…
Super good tour. great driver. recommended to our freinds which will go in September. We may go as well just to e…
Great wine, Great food & excellent tour guide
Me & my partner did this tour with Roberto, he was very very knowledgeable & you can see how much Sicily means to h…
High quality selection and tasting
We found this tour very exhaustive and comprehensive. Variety of wineries was good, along with their selection of w…
Fabulous Experience in Taormina/Sicily
My boyfriend and I traveled to Taormina September 2019. I wanted this to be an unforgettable week and Nadia (Prest…
Fantastic Experience - Would Do This Wine Tour Again
The Prestelli Sicily Tours was absolutely amazing!! It makes me want to hop on the next flight back - I would do th…
I highly recommend this tour. We drove about an hour into the Sicilian countryside and stopped at a working farmho…
We had a wonderful time with our Guide Marco. I am a huge Godfather fan, but Marco actually knew more trivia than …
Private wine tour with Roberto
My husband and I did a wonderful private wine tour with Roberto during our honeymoon in Sicily. Roberto took us to …
Amazing tour and tour guide!
My husband and I went to Sicily on our honeymoon and chose this wine for our of our excursions. I cannot recommend …
Fantastic Tour w/ Roberto
Easily booked tour through Prestilli website. Our driver and VERY knowledgeable tour guide was Roberto. He is a loc…
- Duration: 5–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner
Which attractions will I visit with Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner on Tripadvisor
How much is Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner?
Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner price starts from US$183.95. Discover and book Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner on Tripadvisor
What is the Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner cancellation policy?
Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner?
Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner is hosted by Prestelli Sicily Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Prestelli Sicily Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner on Tripadvisor